RE262 VS CK10 VS GR07 VS DBA-02 VS TF10 VS FX700 which has more of a soul???
Jul 26, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #47 of 53
I don't know about "relaxed" or "in heaven" sensations, I can only tell you that the mids are a little recessed, but are still well detailed. If you don't like "hot" highs, I don't really think you would like the FX700 for the first couple of hours. After that, they seem to settle down a bit, or your ears just adjust to them. The bass has more of an equilibrium in the sub/mid bass to my ears than what people have been saying...

Describing euphoric effects is very hard for me...

Jul 26, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #48 of 53

Quote:
@mastershake2393   apart from that whats your impression about re262 sq.

hey deepanshu830, just get the ZO!! I just got mine today, Zwing!! I finally got that sweet spot on the EX600"s, and pretty much seemed to solve the harsh mids and siblance issue!! and there sounding pretty SWEET!! it was a combination of things, and the ZO puts the icing on the cake, but yea I'd agree with mastershake, and get an amp to get all the 262's can put out!! impedance is 150 ohm! and they need a bit of burning in, I think I did mine for a good 100 hrs. I'd listen to it in the day and then burn it in with a whole bunch of stuff over night, frequency sweeps white and pink noise kinds of things,

Jul 27, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #49 of 53
Out of the list that I've heard, probably TF10 - has quite a mid-bass slam.
I've heard that the FX700 are quite "wow"

For me, something with 'soul' has a bit of midrange, so I'd recommend Sony MDR-EX1000, Ortofon eq-5 or Shure SE535 =|

Jul 27, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #50 of 53

Quote:
hey deepanshu830, just get the ZO!! I just got mine today, Zwing!! I finally got that sweet spot on the EX600"s, and pretty much seemed to solve the harsh mids and siblance issue!! and there sounding pretty SWEET!! it was a combination of things, and the ZO puts the icing on the cake, but yea I'd agree with mastershake, and get an amp to get all the 262's can put out!! impedance is 150 ohm! and they need a bit of burning in, I think I did mine for a good 100 hrs. I'd listen to it in the day and then burn it in with a whole bunch of stuff over night, frequency sweeps white and pink noise kinds of things,

hey anderoan you are the one who can clear my confusion ,as you have zo pair it up with both(EX600 and re262) of them and tell me which one sounds better i mean the SQ.which one sounds crystal clear and more intimate.

Jul 27, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #51 of 53
And myself, I've finally found the perfect tip for GR07 that needs the least eq to sound great. It'd be Comply T130, small.

FX700 does have the "consumer-oriented" U-shaped signature.
Many IEMs have it, e.g. most products by Klipsch, Nuforce; Sennheiser CX series; Fischer's DBA-02 too.
Now the difference is the amount of highs boost, location of it, amount of bass boost and where the bass boost has its maximum.

For FX700, there's quite much high boost (w/ some lower highs boosted), which was annoying to my ears, while the bass boost is not overly huge with maximum in subbass, which sounded very good.
Of course I wouldn't put them anywhere near the cheaper offerings in other regards - they're far more competent in clarity, soundstaging, extension and are better in comfort.
But I would never call them non-fatiguing. In fact, I'd call them a bit "angry" sounding. Far too angry to my liking.

Note: that was all from a cursory listen of a demo pair. Most people seem less sensitive (or don't care?) to ~5k-8k range than me, they'd find FX700 less high boosted.

May 7, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #52 of 53

Quote:
And myself, I've finally found the perfect tip for GR07 that needs the least eq to sound great. It'd be Comply T130, small.

I cannot find these on Comply's site. Are they no longer offered?

Quote:

I love a detailed more forward mids section almost as equal as I love good bass. And the GR07 does that for me.  

Thank you. That's exactly the kind of signature I'm looking for.

May 7, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #53 of 53
I think the TF10 is pretty soulful but of those, I have to give my vote to the RE-262. It's one of the richest and full sounding IEMs I've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back