RE2 to RE0?
Jul 30, 2011 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Pratt

100+ Head-Fier
Just wondering if anyone has both and thinks the RE0 is worth almost 3 times the price (I got the RE2 for $30). I know $80 is hardly a lot of money, but it is if the upgrade isn't that significant. I'm fairly sure that it will be, but the RE2 was also pretty well received back when it came out, and it also cost about $100 back then. The market has changed since then, but still.

Ftr, I find the RE2 to be the best IEM I've heard so far (my IEM's are in my sig). It is a competent to very competent performer, especially for the price, and while far from perfect it really is good enough for my needs (exercise/chores). I know the answer is then to just keep the RE2 and save the money, but again $80 is not much money and worth it even for my needs if the sound upgrade is significant.

I'm also open to any other sub $100 IEM's that are thought to be very analytical/revealing/resolving. I'm not interested in the RE Zeros or RE1's though as they seem to be like the RE0's only not as analytical.

Thanks!

Short version: RE0 worth almost 3x more than the RE2?

PS: Will be using without an amp via my D2 or J3 if I get one.

Jul 30, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #2 of 3

Quote:

Short version: RE0 worth almost 3x more than the RE2?

PS: Will be using without an amp via my D2 or J3 if I get one.

Short answer: very much yes.

If you like RE2 and it is the best IEM you have heard, then RE0 should easily blow you away. If you want something more analytical than RE0 (which ain't that many of them), you will probably need to pay over $100.

Jul 30, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks ClieOS!

I figured as much, but I haven't really seen them directly compared (unless I wasn't looking correctly). Your judgement I trust for I've found all of the reviews of your IEM's I've gotten accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back