RE0 and Sunrise SW-Xcape
Sep 30, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #16 of 44
Just search Sw-Xcape on ebay will do
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #20 of 44
Four sold on eBay within two days (including mine) 
tongue_smile.gif

Has anyone had theirs shipped yet? Going on two days soon...

Maybe my CC transaction hasn't gone through yet

Oct 2, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #21 of 44
Ordered mine yesterday, they're not shipped yet. I'm looking for something warmer than mc5, to me mc5 sounds fine with Sansa Fuze, but a bit cold with Cowon iAudio 9.

Oct 4, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #24 of 44
Mine shipped and got the tracking number.

Midbass err I'm not exactly sure. Creating the thread helped me determine they have a nice boost in the bass with warmer and more present mids and the overall sound has more body to it which should be nice for Classical listening when you want some weight in the strings

Oct 21, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #30 of 44
My quick review on the Sunrise SW-Xcape would be a lot along the lines of what Anaxilus said...

Quote:
The Xcape is one of the most balanced IEMs I have heard. And I don't mean balanced like a V-shape is balanced. But neutral balanced, flat.  Every part of the frequency is there in the right proportion. The detail and treble is on par about 98% of the RE0.  The reason it may be shy about 2% is related to the clarity and separation of the RE0. To my ears the RE0 is unnaturally thin and dry, this enhances the perception of detail and really adds to clarity and separation. You can pinpoint things w/ the RE0 because they lack a decent amount of body to the music. I don't recall how I heard the soundstage on the RE0, the Xcape is not an overly wide SS and I don't prefer that myself anyway. The build looks similar in the cables and housing, almost like they are from the same factory.  I prefer the smoother look and tapered design of the Xcape versus the RE0. Has a cleaner look to me and feels solid.

Detail and treble extension are about 90% of the RE0. I listen to 50% World and 50% Classical. There is slight more mid emphasis and warmth over the RE0 and a noticeable amount more bass. The bass is clear, light, quick enough, and gives a nice kick to musical genres I listen to. What I've especially begun to appreciate now is how much rounder sounding music is when you have equally quality bass you can hear to support the music; this just isn't something you get with the RE0. Bass on the RE0 is too lean to support most music, it produces enough, but your brain fills in the rest for you. Soundstage is the same as RE0. The detail is marginally less than the RE0 as said, but you will hear more low frequency sound and consequently, music you hadn't heard before coming from the RE0. Eg. Brass in Classical is prominent with more body, I can hear violas clearer

Comfort, isolation, and microphonics are all fine by me. I am using the bi-flanges

Users who are viewing this thread

Back