Ray Samuels, THE RAPTOR: A Review
Apr 9, 2005 at 2:27 AM Post #106 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
$5 says he cracks by tommorrow

Not necessarily. There's a well-known psychological sequence first described by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross:

1. denial
2. anger
3. “bargaining for time”
4. depression
5. acceptance

We've seen the previous four. Current development was predictable.
smily_headphones1.gif

BW

Apr 9, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #107 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
Not necessarily. There's a well-known psychological sequence first described by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross:

1. denial
2. anger
3. “bargaining for time”
4. depression
5. acceptance

We've seen the previous four. Current development was predictable.
smily_headphones1.gif

BW

acceptance? or learned hopelessness?

Apr 9, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #109 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
no I am not, thats recstar your thinking about not me..
I live in a completely different city, It take me 45mins in my lear jet from my airport to the local skokie airport...jeezzz

Wazzup! Skokie Represent! (in "gangster" tone flashing "westside")

Apr 9, 2005 at 12:31 PM Post #110 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by eastside504
acceptance? or learned hopelessness?

At this point, I guess it's learned hoplessness but you can always teach old dogs new tricks....huh Ray?

Quote:

no I am not, thats recstar your thinking about not me..
I live in a completely different city, It take me 45mins in my lear jet from my airport to the local skokie airport...jeezzz

Same yankee state there Billy. Makes you close to 'kin' where I come from.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Wazzup! Skokie Represent! (in "gangster" tone flashing "westside")

Could I talk you into running over to Rays house and making sure he's outta bed. It's daylight and time's a wastin'.
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #111 of 155
#7 has landed. I repeat #7 has landed. Pics and impressions in a bit - today is wifey's birthday. Gotta spend part of our tax refund on her too
biggrin.gif

Ray - thanks again for letting me come by (rather late!) to pick the Raptor up and shoot the breeze.

Regards - reynman

Apr 9, 2005 at 1:14 PM Post #112 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by reynman
#7 has landed. I repeat #7 has landed. Pics and impressions in a bit - today is wifey's birthday. Gotta spend part of our tax refund on her too
biggrin.gif

Ray - thanks again for letting me come by (rather late!) to pick the Raptor up and shoot the breeze.

Regards - reynman

You guys and your tax refunds, it makes me sick.
biggrin.gif
Enjoy your wife's b'day and then enjoy the amp. I am listening to the Raptor at the moment and I now understand what Ryan was saying in his review.

Apr 9, 2005 at 1:30 PM Post #114 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
you two people have to give more info then that

I plan on giving some more detail in a few. I will say this, I am not sending this back to Ray. Sorry Ray. I know you thought you could trust me. I've let you down but it's your fault, the amp is too good. Now I am holding 2 amps hostage. I waiting for the Head-Fi SWAT team to break down my door and take the amps away
biggrin.gif
All kdding aside, this is an enormous amount of amp in a beautiful, small package. Even with the ps, it seems tiny compared to the HD25 and to some of the other tube amps I've owned. However, the sound it produces is huge. So far I've only used my SA5000 with it and it drives them with authority. More on the amp to come.

Apr 9, 2005 at 1:35 PM Post #115 of 155
I don't know how I missed this thread, but thanks Ryan! It's always nice to read such detailed, well organized and well articulated reviews by folks who take the time to make a contribution to others who may be considering the product.

Apr 9, 2005 at 1:39 PM Post #116 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I don't know how I missed this thread, but thanks Ryan! It's always nice to read such detailed, well organized and well articulated reviews by folks who take the time to make a contribution to others who may be considering the product.

You've been too busy drinking Red Stipes on those beautiful Cayman Beaches. Ryan's review was excellent, as was Billy's. I am posting one later today. I am not sure I can live up to those that have come before me.

Apr 9, 2005 at 1:59 PM Post #117 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
You've been too busy drinking Red Stipes on those beautiful Cayman Beaches. Ryan's review was excellent, as was Billy's. I am posting one later today. I am not sure I can live up to those that have come before me.

More like Red Bull, you mean. I've got a new girlfriend who is 16 years younger than I.
tongue.gif
Red Stripe would put me to sleep too soon.
eek.gif

Apr 9, 2005 at 2:04 PM Post #118 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by reynman
biggrin.gif

Regards - reynman

reynman, man, I'm tickled for you. Can't wait to see the pics and hear your impressions but considering it's the wife's birthday, I don't think we'll expect much for the immediate future. My wife and daughter are off shopping. I'd set this day aside for critical listening but things didn't work out. Still 3 ahead of me. Guess I didn't get to swap places with that generous Head-Fier after all.
rolleyes.gif

Hope 8,9,10 will let us(me really) know when their raptors arrive. Guess it will be a sign of hope that my long, long, long wait is finally coming to an end. Guarantee that this is my last time in this position. Never again.

Apr 9, 2005 at 2:17 PM Post #119 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
reynman, man, I'm tickled for you. Can't wait to see the pics and hear your impressions but considering it's the wife's birthday, I don't think we'll expect much for the immediate future. My wife and daughter are off shopping. I'd set this day aside for critical listening but things didn't work out. Still 3 ahead of me. Guess I didn't get to swap places with that generous Head-Fier after all.
rolleyes.gif

Hope 8,9,10 will let us(me really) know when their raptors arrive. Guess it will be a sign of hope that my long, long, long wait is finally coming to an end. Guarantee that this is my last time in this position. Never again.

Told you to give me your address so I could send an amp to you. The offer is still open. I will send the stealth to you. PM me your address.

If you chop the stealth in half you can even pretend it's a Raptor!
rs1smile.gif

Apr 9, 2005 at 2:23 PM Post #120 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Told you to give me your address so I could send an amp to you. The offer is still open. I will send the stealth to you. PM me your address.

I know you'd do that. You're a good fella...deep down that is. If I'd have known it was going to be this long, I'd have taken you up on the offer back then. Another decent fella recently made me the same offer and I was going to do it but Ray said mine is shipping soon and likely would arrive before either of you could get me your amps. I appreciate it though.

Then again, if you're just looking to make space for your enormous collection of gear, I can "store" some of it for you.
icon10.gif
I got around 6000 sq ft in the house so let me know what you want me to hold for you and I'll calculate a very good rate. Btw, I'll keep things from decay due to lack of use at no extra charge! Whatta deal!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back