Ray Samuels, THE RAPTOR: A Review
Apr 9, 2005 at 2:25 PM Post #121 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
More like Red Bull, you mean. I've got a new girlfriend who is 16 years younger than I.
tongue.gif
Red Stripe would put me to sleep too soon.
eek.gif

16 years younger! Wayne, your the man. I suggest lots of Red Bull, by the way a little stoly mixed with the Red Bull gives you the best of both world. Back OT, Ray's little creation is a beauty. I've been doing a little comparison back and forth with the HD25. It's the first time I've used the HD25 in at least a week becuase of the Dynahi in the house. No impressions yet, although I am noticing a better detail with the Raptor but too early to tell for sure. I need to spend more time with the Raptor and HD25. I will say this, while the build quality (not the electronics) of the HD25 is excellent. There is just something about Ray's amps that are striking. In fairness to Craig, I believe he was trying to get a more classic look for his amps. All you have to do is look at the Moth Museum to confirm this. So this is not a knock on the HD25.

Apr 9, 2005 at 2:31 PM Post #122 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
16 years younger! Wayne, your the man. I suggest lots of Red Bull, by the way a little stoly mixed with the Red Bull gives you the best of both world. Back OT, Ray's little creation is a beauty. I've been doing a little comparison back and forth with the HD25. It's the first time I've used the HD25 in at least a week becuase of the Dynahi in the house. No impressions yet, although I am noticing a better detail with the Raptor but too early to tell for sure. I need to spend more time with the Raptor and HD25. I will say this, while the build quality (not the electronics) of the HD25 is excellent. There is just something about Ray's amps that are striking. In fairness to Craig, I believe he was trying to get a more classic look for his amps. All you have to do is look at the Moth Museum to confirm this. So this is not a knock on the HD25.

The Raptor is well dinky, I love my amps and stuff but if they are dinky, they totally rock. Can't wait to read your impressions.

Apr 9, 2005 at 2:32 PM Post #123 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
I know you'd do that. You're a good fella...deep down that is. If I'd have known it was going to be this long, I'd have taken you up on the offer back then. Another decent fella recently made me the same offer and I was going to do it but Ray said mine is shipping soon and likely would arrive before either of you could get me your amps. I appreciate it though.

Then again, if you're just looking to make space for your enormous collection of gear, I can "store" some of it for you.
icon10.gif
I got around 6000 sq ft in the house so let me know what you want me to hold for you and I'll calculate a very good rate. Btw, I'll keep things from decay due to lack of use at no extra charge! Whatta deal!
icon10.gif

Hey Ken, with 6000 sq ft, you can store my house inside your house. I am keeping the amps, though.

Apr 9, 2005 at 2:34 PM Post #124 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
The Raptor is well dinky, I love my amps and stuff but if they are dinky, they totally rock. Can't wait to read your impressions.

One day you will explain to what "dinky" means. I am assuming that means, good? As in the Rangers are "well dinky" or did I just cut down my team?

Apr 9, 2005 at 2:34 PM Post #125 of 155
Quote:

Hey Ken, with 6000 sq ft, you can store my house inside your house. I am keeping the amps, though.

Come on now. You've got the dynahi, hd25 AND the raptor. You can spare one...just one. I've been very tempted by either the dynahi or Craigs amp. One of those would be good. I'll let you play on my jetskis...a little fishing perhaps? Any of my toys are fair game....with the exception of my Harley. No one rides her but me and my service guy.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 9, 2005 at 2:38 PM Post #126 of 155
Tyrion>It's slang for tiny, cute, bijou etc. I never thought of the Rangers as dinky but I suppose it takes all sorts
rs1smile.gif

KenW>Okay if you are sure about not taking me up on the offer. If you change your mind PM me.

Apr 9, 2005 at 3:20 PM Post #127 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Tyrion>It's slang for tiny, cute, bijou etc. I never thought of the Rangers as dinky but I suppose it takes all sorts
rs1smile.gif

KenW>Okay if you are sure about not taking me up on the offer. If you change your mind PM me.

Just in case things don't work out as planned with the raptor, you have a PM waiting on you.

Apr 9, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #128 of 155
Quote:

Come on now. You've got the dynahi, hd25 AND the raptor. You can spare one...just one. I've been very tempted by either the dynahi or Craigs amp. One of those would be good. I'll let you play on my jetskis...a little fishing perhaps? Any of my toys are fair game....with the exception of my Harley. No one rides her but me and my service guy.
very_evil_smiley.gif

All I need is a hiking trail or a mountain bike trail and I will be happy. I am not a water guy. The Dynahi and Raptor ain't leaving. I will be selling the HD25. It's just time to move on.

Apr 9, 2005 at 3:31 PM Post #129 of 155
Quote:

Just in case things don't work out as planned with the raptor, you have a PM waiting on you.

KenW...
It is getting shipped today, you should get it on Tuesday.
Ray Samuels

Apr 9, 2005 at 3:33 PM Post #130 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
KenW...
Ray Samuels

May I be the first to say, thank you Ray!

Apr 9, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #131 of 155
Quote:

All I need is a hiking trail or a mountain bike trail and I will be happy. I am not a water guy. The Dynahi and Raptor ain't leaving. I will be selling the HD25. It's just time to move on.

Ah, funny you should mention biking and hiking. I got those, too....actually some of the finest in the SE. Folks come up my way from Hotlanta every weekend to enjoy them. We got hiking, mountain biking and road cycling galore up hyar!! Name your poison.
icon10.gif
I think I'll start with the Dynahi so I can see/hear what all the fuss is about. Ship it UPS and if you hurry, you can get it out today.
wink.gif

Apr 9, 2005 at 3:39 PM Post #132 of 155
Quote:

KenW...
Ray Samuels

Yessireee!!!!
dancing.gif

Of course, I had folks here so annoyed that they'd have paid good money to be rid of me. Then you had to blow it by announcing to the world that their torment was nearing an end. Major breach of etiquette! I expect number 1 on the A-10 as well as a healthy discount!!

Seriously, I'm excited and anxious to finally hear the raptor. I'm certain it will wear the Ray Samuels name well. Thanks for your help and patience!
icon10.gif

Apr 9, 2005 at 3:41 PM Post #133 of 155
Quote:

Ah, funny you should mention biking and hiking. I got those, too....actually some of the finest in the SE. Folks come up my way from Hotlanta every weekend to enjoy them. We got hiking, mountain biking and road cycling galore up hyar!! Name your poison.
icon10.gif
I think I'll start with the Dynahi so I can see/hear what all the fuss is about. Ship it UPS and if you hurry, you can get it out today.
wink.gif

I hear there are some nice trails in Helen. Actually, I now there are since I've ridden them in the past. No Dynahi for you.

Apr 9, 2005 at 3:45 PM Post #134 of 155
Quote:

I hear there are some nice trails in Helen. Actually, I now there are since I've ridden them in the past. No Dynahi for you.

Helen is okay but I had others in mind. Hey, if you are willing to travel a bit, head on up to SE TN and/or NC. Some very nice roads up there if you were speaking of the road cycling. I would suggest the dragons tail but one would have to be darn near insane to take a peddler on that road. A death wish for sure. That's Harley/crotch rocket domain but one heckuva ride!!

Apr 10, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #135 of 155
Quote:

KenW...
Ray Samuels

That's what you think. I will jack the delivery guy before he ring KenW's doorbell...
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back