Rate the video games you're currently playing
Mar 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #3,346 of 6,950
Quote:
I'm quite pleased with Tomb Raider.

I think it escapes the dev's how an airplane acts like a Faraday Cage though

LOL Airplanes aren't that great Faraday cages. There are many examples of planes that crashed in lightning storms and let's just say that's the Dragon's Triangle and thus the storm is somewhat supernatural

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #3,349 of 6,950
I'm playing the new Tomb Raider and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. I expected it to be much more like Uncharted but the stealth element and the added option on how you want to tackle most situations it's a big plus. I am a huge Uncharted fan but taking on waves after waves of enemies gets stale pretty fast and I prefer how Crystal Dynamics handled that aspect of the gameplay. It's also nice how you can "warp" (Dark Souls reference) from bonfire to bonfire and go back to locations you've already been to to further explore them with the new items you acquired - yeah, you can upgrade you weapons and skills. There is a bunch of stuff to collect and there are hidden optional tombs around that you can find and explore.  
My only gripe is with the QTE part of the game, which is oversimplistic - press Y, mash X and that's all (there was one moment early in the game when you had to press the trigger buttons in quick succession but that was all of it). And finally, the game looks really good - I decided to go for the pc version and the game is clearly not just a bad console port. There is even a benchmark test in the menu to check your rig. 
9/10

Pretty much agree with everything here just finished the story about to go back and try to get 100%. Multi player is a bit of an afterthought unfortunately. And I hear some people with 600 series nvidia cards are having performance issues so beware of that if your a PC guy.

Mar 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #3,350 of 6,950
Deus Ex Human Revolution 9/10 a modern classic. Only reason I don´t give it a 10/10 is the boss battles. Why didn´t they just skip them. First wasn´t particlularly hard but meh. It´s also weird that the cut scenes has worse graphics then the real time graphics...

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #3,351 of 6,950
I really like Black Ops 2 Multiplayer. I know that the biggest gripe is lag compensation, but I try not to think about that.

I lost interest in Modern Warfare 3 after Prestige Level 4 and 14,000 kills, but I am still very much into BO2 at Prestige Level 6 and 20,000+ kills.

Everything is streamlined for more enjoyment - setting up classes, making your own logo, etc. it isn't perfect, but I find it very entertaining and addicting.

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #3,352 of 6,950
I like the soundtrack of Deus Ex Human Revolution.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #3,353 of 6,950
I recently got Sleeping Dogs on a Steam sale.

So far I'd say about 8/10, I like it a lot more than I thought I would. Unfortunately it doesn't support custom resolutions so I have to play at 720p on my TV which does not quite 1080p when my computer is hooked up(I have to scale down the resolution to fit the screen - the TV is older and not really designed for this).

One thing I really appreciated is that two of the radio stations are Warp and Ninja Tune. I nearly pooped my pants when I saw that, those are some of my favorite labels.

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #3,354 of 6,950
Have to agree with Chewy on sleeping dogs. I recieved the game as part of the AMD never settle bundle and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. The setting and missions are actually quite enjoyable but what really stood out to me was how seamless the world felt and how alive it seemed. It avoided the underpopulated feel some open world games have.

8/10 from me too

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #3,355 of 6,950
Sorry a bit offtopic, but do you think if I loved Uncharted 2 I'd like the new Tombraider? I saw a short video and the combat looks really similar.
I guess I can google it. Rented it but never got a chance to play it.

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #3,356 of 6,950
Quote:
Sorry a bit offtopic, but do you think if I loved Uncharted 2 I'd like the new Tombraider? I saw a short video and the combat looks really similar.

Never played Uncharted 2 but many have been comparing the two.

There may be demo's for download on xbox and ps3?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider_(2013_video_game)

The reviews for the game have been great giving it critical aclaim. 

Mar 13, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #3,357 of 6,950

Yeah pretty certain there is demos out on consoles.

I would say yes if you enjoy uncharted combat is similar, pretty standard 3rd person shooter, but with more emphasis on the exploring / plat forming
aspect. And the option to finish enemies with stealth

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #3,358 of 6,950
Quote:

Yeah, you will. I still think Uncharted 2 is the best but I can tell you that the new Tomb Raider is very close and I do like it more than Uncharted 3. The combat is better - especially aiming and hit detection. Add to that the stealth mechanics and I'll pick Tomb Raider above Uncharted 1 and 3 every day of the week.

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #3,359 of 6,950
Dirt 3 - the tutorial is not helpful at all, its even frustrating! specially for someone who has never played any dirt games before. everything else, is awesome. 8/10
PoE - no complains at all in-game, the only problem i have is that "checking resources" problem which maybe is on my end. 8/10
osu! - becoming shiettier everytime i login once in a while 3/10

Mar 13, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #3,360 of 6,950
I finally started playing PoE seriously. I've been a beta user for months but I'm very impressed with what they did. Way better than Diablo 3, which is boring as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back