Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jul 12, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #1,891 of 6,929
I was thinking about trying out a new sports game from EA.

I've tried out boxing and I like it.

Does anyone have any sports games from EA that are really fun and addictive.

I was thinking about trying out baseball, football, golf, soccer, or skateboarding for the PS3.

Any suggestions?

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #1,892 of 6,929
the MLB the Show series are really good but I can never finish a season, get bored

Madden is alright, have 2009 and 2011. 2009 has the old hall of famers which is fun for fantasy league but 2011 has better gameplay (got rid of sprint button).

Someone will chime in with a soccer game, don't play those but they make some really good ones on console these days

Not sure about skateboarding games

So last is golf. Strange thing about golf is it's fun to play as a video game even if you can't stand watching it on TV. I have Tiger Woods 2009 which is a very fine game. 2010 only added internet synced weather and the latest the 2011 they decided the previous versions were too easy I guess and made it almost "broken" difficult. Avoid that one. I'd buy a copy of 2009 they should be pretty cheap now.

:beerchug:

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #1,894 of 6,929
I am probably alone in this, but I really like the Bigs series from EA. 

Quote:
I was thinking about trying out a new sports game from EA.

I've tried out boxing and I like it.

Does anyone have any sports games from EA that are really fun and addictive.

I was thinking about trying out baseball, football, golf, soccer, or skateboarding for the PS3.

Any suggestions?

Jul 13, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #1,897 of 6,929

Quote:
did you make sure you updated the game first?

I don't update my games unless they break. Should I have updated? o.o Blame Sims for breaking the game with every patch... I don't know why I buy them...

Also, bought a XBOX controller so I can play racing and sports games properly. Very cool. Back to FIFA, though I haven't used one in too long and I'm way rusty.

Jul 13, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #1,898 of 6,929

Quote:

I don't update my games unless they break. Should I have updated? o.o Blame Sims for breaking the game with every patch... I don't know why I buy them...

Also, bought a XBOX controller so I can play racing and sports games properly. Very cool. Back to FIFA, though I haven't used one in too long and I'm way rusty.

yeah the DX 11 patch will only work if the game has been fully updated to i believe 1.7, also dont forget to download the Ultra Res texture pack as well :wink:

Jul 13, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #1,899 of 6,929
I haven't finished it yet, but Just Cause 2 is worth every penny I spent on it, which was $13.39.

Easy 10/10 for sheer fun factor. Use a controller for driving and flying missions, they will save your life. Also, driving is surprisingly un-NFS like.

JC2 is very fun to play but you need a xbox360 pad to play comfortably, however unlike GTA when you have done all missions its not as fun to explore the areas /doing secondary missions and the biggest thing that i regret is that you don't have a radio in vehicles, big downside.

BTW i got it free just by trading TF2 items. :D

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #1,901 of 6,929
Bought Fallout: New Vegas and the two DLCs during the Steam Summer Sales. Thankfully they had it for sale during the last 'repeat' day, because the first time during the Sale I didn't buy it due to reports of lots and lots of bugs. A couple of days after that initial sale they implemented many bugfixes, which pissed me off a little. But then they offered it during the last day again, so then I bought it.

I played Fallout 3 and its expansions last year and loved them. New Vegas is pretty much more of exactly the same, so what's not to love?

A few differences:
- weapon upgrades. You can upgrade weapons with mods, such as a silencer and a carbon fibre (making it lighter) upgrade for a sniper rifle, scopes for regular rifles, increasing ammo capacity etc. These upgrades give you the chance to adapt weapons to your favourite play style. I like sneaking/sniping for example, so I upgraded most of my (sniper) rifles with scopes and silencers. In the end though, it's likely that you'll just buy all mods, because there's really no downside to modding your weapon (except maybe a scope for close range battles).
- less availability of necessary 'aid' items. Items such as bobby pins for lockpicking, radaway for radiation removal etc used to be supplied by the dozens in Fallout 3. They're not nearly as abundant in New Vegas, although there are still plenty around. Especially RadAway isn't around as much in my experience.

Otherwise, it's pretty much Fallout 3 set in the Mojave Desert / Las Vegas.

As for bugs, I fell through the world one time on top of a mountain, but otherwise I haven't really found any glitches/bugs. So no worries about that any more.

9/10.

Jul 16, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #1,902 of 6,929
I finally got around to playing New Vegas, though I've owned it since it came out.

I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. Good, but not as good as Fallout 3. To me the story just wasn't engaging. I think I'll try a different route next time (I did NCR this time.)

Jul 16, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #1,903 of 6,929

Quote:
I finally got around to playing New Vegas, though I've owned it since it came out.

I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. Good, but not as good as Fallout 3. To me the story just wasn't engaging. I think I'll try a different route next time (I did NCR this time.)

Same here. With Fallout 3 I always loved how you were rewarded for exploration. It seemed to me there was a story behind every single thing in that game. With NV you could go to a dozen locations and there was nothing to be found. No good loot or a weapon unless you got lucky. It's as if they added a bunch of random locations and forgot to finish them and make them worthwhile to visit.

Sold NV and played FO3 over again. 300+ hours and I still love it.

Now I'm back to playing Final Fantasy XI...sigh

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #1,904 of 6,929
Still prefer FO:NV over FO3. It just feels more like FO1/FO2 in execution.

Been playing:
Frozen Synapse - Combat mechanics are a great twist on the traditional turn based strategy formula, with quick and brutal gameplay subbing in for the genre's usual plodding pace.
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - $20 game at a $40 price point with sales to match. The core gameplay is fun and a good fit for portables, but really too decontented at the retail price point.
Child of Eden - $20 game at a $50 price point with sales to match. Not sure there's enough of a "core" Kinect market for this game to succeed even at $20. Still, great experience while it lasted.

Jul 18, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #1,905 of 6,929
Revenge of the Titans: 8/10

I bought this game because it was on sale on steams dailys for only 3 pounds.

i got this game for my laptop if i ever got bored out and about but this game has started to be playyed on my main pc also.

i have spent about 7 hours on it up to now and the curve of difficulty is rather good but i think i might have to stop playying it on Maximum Difficulty it has just got bit too hard for me.

all in all this game is cute fun and quick to pick up and will be happyly played on for many hours with its survial mode and endless mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back