Rate the video games you're currently playing
Nov 16, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #1,171 of 6,947
Quote:
Black Ops: ... The lack of Spec Ops, which was the only part of MW2 that I really liked, really was a dealbreaker for me buying it.

Vanquish: 8/10 - I wasn't expecting much of this, but it is actually a pretty good, if short, game. The gameplay is very fun (I hope Gears of War was anywhere near this fun) and the graphics are quite good. The bad part is the story, uninteresting and pretty much sucks, but there are quite a few places that are like cutscenes mixed with  gameplay moments that I love in games. The hardest difficulty is frustrating, but the rest are pretty fun (and the second hardest, isn't easy at all). I don't know it its worth $60 since it isn't very long, but its worth at least renting it.

The lack of Spec Ops in COD:BO also killed it for me. The self contained missions were great for short bursts of gameplay and about as good as it gets in split screen coop gaming. Also agree the Vanquish assessment. Bit short for a full priced single player game, but all other FPS/TPS games feel painfully slow after Vanquish.

Quote:
This latest round of FPS games have been such a dissapointment, MOH, COD, Battlefield... 

Where is the next Killzone or MWF2? The next few months look pretty bleak. Hopefully GT5 with its 1000 outdated cars will be decent; not just kids who aim for your back wheels in the corners. 

BF:BC2 worse than KZ2? Maybe in graphical quality and art direction, but the controls for KZ2 are bad enough to more than make up for BF:BC2's faults.

Nov 16, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #1,172 of 6,947

Quote:
BF:BC2 worse than KZ2? Maybe in graphical quality and art direction, but the controls for KZ2 are bad enough to more than make up for BF:BC2's faults.

Fair enough. I liked the single player in BC2, but the multiplayer couldn't hold a candle to ModernWarfare2.

Nov 16, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #1,173 of 6,947
TF2- Team Fortress 2 10/10, one of the most addictive PC games i have ever played.
Its complex and basic at the same time, depending on how you want it to be.
And FPS game which really involve your sense of hearing, anticipation, skills and much more.
Freaking fun

Nov 16, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #1,174 of 6,947
CoD BO [singleplayer] - 6/10. Good effort but is short as the franchise always has been and most of the ideas felt like derivatives of MW2. Not much creativity here and the guns sound overwhelmingly underpowered. Firearms from the 1960s may sound like that, but then again I don't play video games for realism.

Nov 16, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #1,175 of 6,947
CoD Black Ops just reminded me why I am done buying games for my Xbox.

Nov 17, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #1,176 of 6,947
Singularity

Too much cliches packed into a single game. Never seen anything like it in my entire life. Can be boring at times but overall not bad for a corridor shooter, the storyline cold be confusing at time. It is pretty well executed but I would prefer a better ending for what I did. I'd give 6/10, maybe 7

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #1,181 of 6,947
NBA 2k11 - I'd give it a 9.5/10. My favorite game to play right now.
Madden 09 - Oldie but I'm still playing it. 9/10
Fallout New Vegas - Can't really get into it. 8.5/10
Mass Effect 2 - Best RPG I've ever played. 9/10
Medal of Honor - Underrated game. 9/10

I'm an easy grader

Nov 18, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #1,182 of 6,947
Mass Effect 2: 9.5/10 - Amazing.

Pros: Incredibly realistic animations, great storyline, believable characters with unique looks and personalities, great music and sound effects, much better lighting than in Mass Effect 1 thanks to the new Beast lighting engine, fairly low system requirements despite the amazing graphics.

Cons: I wish character customization was more detailed and it seems that some options from Mass Effect 1 are not there in Mass Effect 2 which is disappointing; too addictive and I find that I actually get emotionally attached to the characters because they look and behave so damn realistically which I never experienced when playing games before. Now, I guess it's perfectly fine to get emotional over movies or when reading books, but video games... hmm... I am not so sure. The problem is that when watching a movie or when reading a novel, you are just a passive observer of the events, but in games you actually interact with the characters and make things happen and I actually find it kind of disturbing to be so immersed in virtual reality. lol

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #1,183 of 6,947
Mass effect 1 was sooo much better than 2 :/ They basically took all of the RPG stuff out of and packaged it into DLC for people to pay for. Was also more linear, controls were better, but combat was generic and boring. Playing on insanity was just tedious; overload, wait for squad to shoot down armour, finish off enemy, repeat. The severe lack of thermal rods compared to how many shots enemies took to die. If you didn't abuse invulnerability in 1, the combat system was much more rewarding. 

I was SUPER excited for ME2, as ME1 is probably my favourite game of all time, but I was utterly disappointed in the second one after I finished it the first time. The story was still great, along with the characters, but it was just so much more linear and more of an action game than an RPG. I re-played it with all of the DLC, and have to say I enjoyed it much more, although if you buy the DLC you're pretty much doubling the cost of the game...

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:45 AM Post #1,185 of 6,947
Red Dead Redemption: the best game i've played for a long while. The storytelling is much better than in the GTA franchise. I always felt it was the only major shortcoming of Rockstar games. Not that they usually have bad stories but they could be more ambitious sometimes (i'd love to play a GTA game with a scenario a la Heat).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back