Rate the video games you're currently playing
Nov 19, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #1,186 of 6,977

Quote:
Red Dead Redemption: the best game i've played for a long while. The storytelling is much better than in the GTA franchise. I always felt it was the only major shortcoming of Rockstar games. Not that they usually have bad stories but they could be more ambitious sometimes (i'd love to play a GTA game with a scenario a la Heat).

Red Dead Redemption was great. Sadly it's one of those games though that, when you beat it, there's just nothing left to do. I pretty much don't purchase something unless it has a great multiplayer these days because of it.

Nov 19, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #1,187 of 6,977
Quote:
Red Dead Redemption was great. Sadly it's one of those games though that, when you beat it, there's just nothing left to do. I pretty much don't purchase something unless it has a great multiplayer these days because of it.

Well, personnally i regret that so many games tend to focus on multiplayer rather than a good solo mode these days. I spent something like 30 hours on Red Dead and it was a great experience, just like reading a good book. It's one of these games which gets you attached to the main character and the whole environment.

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #1,188 of 6,977

Quote:
Quote:

Well, personnally i regret that so many games tend to focus on multiplayer rather than a good solo mode these days. I spent something like 30 hours on Red Dead and it was a great experience, just like reading a good book. It's one of these games which gets you attached to the main character and the whole environment.

I agree completely. Great story and does a great job of involving you into it. Amazing game. The only problem to me is you pay $80 for a few days worth of game time and that's it.

Nov 19, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #1,189 of 6,977
Quote:
I agree completely. Great story and does a great job of involving you into it. Amazing game. The only problem to me is you pay $80 for a few days worth of game time and that's it.

Oh yes i agree about the value for money in general. Games have always been overpriced anyway. I don't know about Australia but in Europe games are much cheaper online if you buy on ebay or on british websites. I never buy games in shops (i might make an exception for GT5 though
evil_smiley.gif
).

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #1,190 of 6,977

Quote:
Quote:

Oh yes i agree about the value for money in general. Games have always been overpriced anyway. I don't know about Australia but in Europe games are much cheaper online if you buy on ebay or on british websites. I never buy games in shops (i might make an exception for GT5 though
evil_smiley.gif
).

I also buy online, games are very expensive in Australia too. Bran new games such as Black ops etc are usually around $100 USD.

Nov 23, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #1,191 of 6,977
I took a crack at Fallout: NV a couple of days ago, it seems pretty much identical to the last iteration, which kinda seems like a bad thing imho. I'd like to see a few differences here and there. Anyone play through the game and find anything fresh and new?

Nov 23, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #1,193 of 6,977

Quote:
I took a crack at Fallout: NV a couple of days ago, it seems pretty much identical to the last iteration, which kinda seems like a bad thing imho. I'd like to see a few differences here and there. Anyone play through the game and find anything fresh and new?

Not too much difference except its much better game. It is not Fallout 4, but more like a different take on Fallout 3 by some of the original Fallout 1/2 cast. And it shows, characters and story is noticeably better, even squadmates feel like people instead just cannon fodder with no reaction to anything (though not the extent of other RPGs). They even have their unique quests. Only thing I miss from original Fallout 3 is the hopeless atmosphere, destroyed Washington and towns where people are desperately trying to survive. In New Vegas everything seems surprisingly fine. Place is mostly in ruins but they get by without problems other than the war.

Also Radio is BORING in New Vegas. Songs are funny, but I cant believe I miss Three Dog as annoying as he sounded at the times! It was amusing to have him as your "conscience", him taking personal interest on you and commenting on your actions and even taking into account your Karma levels. Kinda like Vanishing Point radioguy. Mr. Newvegas does NOTHING of that! He does comment on some of the quests you have done, but only vaguely and you are barely even mentioned anywhere.

Nov 23, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #1,194 of 6,977

Quote:
Nope, it's just Fallout 3 with a story more in line with Fallout 1/2. The main tweaks are combat system related, and the color filter seems to have changed from green to yellow.

And even the color filter is quite mellow. I didnt even notice it until someone mentioned about it. I have left it alone unlike original Fallout 3's odd green hue.

Nov 23, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #1,196 of 6,977
Battlefield Bad Company 2. This game is so awesome, definitely 5/5. Its one of my favorite FPSs ever. (Nothing will beat 007 Nightfire :D)

Nov 23, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #1,197 of 6,977
Mario Galaxy - Basically an updated version of Mario 64. A bit repetitive at times, but fun overall. Takes way too long to begin a mission.

New Mario Bros - If you're played the DS version, pretty much the same + multiplayer.

Enslaved - Good characters and dialogue, best played in chunks since it can repetitive. (Combat and platforming don't change too much as you progress)

Nov 23, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #1,198 of 6,977

Quote:
Quote:

Not too much difference except its much better game. It is not Fallout 4, but more like a different take on Fallout 3 by some of the original Fallout 1/2 cast. And it shows, characters and story is noticeably better, even squadmates feel like people instead just cannon fodder with no reaction to anything (though not the extent of other RPGs). They even have their unique quests. Only thing I miss from original Fallout 3 is the hopeless atmosphere, destroyed Washington and towns where people are desperately trying to survive. In New Vegas everything seems surprisingly fine. Place is mostly in ruins but they get by without problems other than the war.

Also Radio is BORING in New Vegas. Songs are funny, but I cant believe I miss Three Dog as annoying as he sounded at the times! It was amusing to have him as your "conscience", him taking personal interest on you and commenting on your actions and even taking into account your Karma levels. Kinda like Vanishing Point radioguy. Mr. Newvegas does NOTHING of that! He does comment on some of the quests you have done, but only vaguely and you are barely even mentioned anywhere.

I feel the same. Also in fallout 3 it was actually a challenge for a while even on normal to get enough bullets and all. This time around, I've never been short on caps, i had most of my implants in by level 4.

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #1,199 of 6,977
Battlefield Bad Company 2: 5/5 One of the BEST online fps games I have ever played. Actually its the only fps that i never get pissed off at or get tired of.

Call of Duty Black Ops: 4.5/5 Its really fun, but still not as good as Bad Company 2. Way better than ModernCrapware 2.Cant seem to get the theatre mode working though. Anyone else have any luck?

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #1,200 of 6,977
Playing Black Ops.  Really dumb AI, but they always get me because everything is so chaotic, and it's hard to spot enemies, and harder to shoot enemies.  I only tried the Modern Warfare 2 demo but the ironsight aim feels more accurate, I think?  Which is strange, because if it's cloak and dagger, you think everything would feel less like a set-piece battle.  But the worst part of the game is how it encourages you to shoot enemies who surrendered.  Which is illegal under the Geneva Conventions, but is disgusting no matter how you look at it.  I'm surprised more people don't have a problem with this.  I tried to e-mail Treyarch about it, but there is no contact information on their site.  Convenient.  I'm trading it in as soon as I beat the single-player.  6/10 for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back