Rate the video games you're currently playing
Nov 5, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #691 of 6,929
Right now I'm playing Saints Row 2. Picked it up on Steam a few weeks ago for $8. It's pretty much a carbon copy of the Grand Theft Auto games, but still fun. Not a great port to PC either. 7.5/10.

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #694 of 6,929
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My friend won't shut up about that game. Looks interesting at best; repetitive at worst. Maybe if I get back into PC gaming, I'll look into it. Any comments?

Haven't touched it yet, but it looks phenominal. At 20$ it's worth it for the graphics spectacle.

Nov 6, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #695 of 6,929
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't touched it yet, but it looks phenominal. At 20$ it's worth it for the graphics spectacle.

Meh. Needs some work still. Probably worth the $20 for fans of the genre. It was discounted on steam last time I looked, like $17 or $18.

Nov 6, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #696 of 6,929
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. 9/10

Stll loving the game after two years it came out.
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #697 of 6,929
Crysis Warhead 9.5/10

I love the graphics, weapon customisability, multiple choices/path to accomplish objective, and endless graphics customisability. I just download autoexec.cfg from any crysis forum and voila! Luckily my system is playable at maximum detail with AA despite aging hardware

Brother In Arms: Hell's Highway 9/10

Love the storyline, gameplay is not bad, AI is pretty clever to take cover when exposed. Feels like watching a very good WWII movie. Although I havent played the Earned In Blood yet, so I missed out some of the stories

Doom3 6/10

Yes, yes old crappy games, I play it back just to hear the EAX goodness
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #698 of 6,929
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

10/10 It's like playing through an Indiana Jones movie. Great gameplay, characters and story. The graphics are also unbelievablea; the best I have seen this generation. Just an amazing game.

Nov 7, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #699 of 6,929
TF2: I picked this up on steam last weekend when they ran a 2 hour discount special which made the game cost me 2.5 euro.
I have played it a bit on the evenings this week and I quite like it, I usually play more 'serious' games but I for sure see the fun and leisure time well spent gaming wise with this game.

How long I will play it though I am not so sure about, its nice to see you get more skills like with other games and the achievements are also fun, but it is after all a repetitive game.

For now I say it is for me a 7/10

Armed Assault 2: coming from the makers of the original flashpoint I expected this to be good and better then their last release, ARMA.
Graphics is quite dated and there are numerous little bugs that are somewhat annoying, but it delivers tons of atmosphere which is where this game has it nailed for me, and I am only on the campaign and this is a game that I already 'know' is best in co-op with mature players.

For now I say this is also a 7/10 for me but likely bump it up to an 8 if co-op delivers along the line.

Nov 8, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #703 of 6,929
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardflip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

10/10 It's like playing through an Indiana Jones movie. Great gameplay, characters and story. The graphics are also unbelievablea; the best I have seen this generation. Just an amazing game.

x2..

My Dragon Age copy got delayed so I picked up the Witcher again. It´s really nice though I have the problem I don´t like Geralt as a character he is such a swine. I am also now at Wizima where there is just to much to do but I have been promised it will pick up from here. It still have this addictive do this/do that and wow have 5h passed already rpg thing going
wink.gif

Nov 8, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #705 of 6,929
Quote:

Originally Posted by r1n7r4h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dragon Age: Origins

10/10

This has got to be my favorite RPG I've ever played, beating Fable II easily.

If Fable 2 was your favorite RPG, you have barely scratched the surface of what the genre is capable of. If you're on PC, check out Baldur's Gate 1/2, Fallout 1/2 and Planescape:Torment. If you don't mind very dated graphics, get a SNES emulator and play Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger. PS and PS2 also have a lot of RPGs.

I'm guessing you're playing DA on console. How are you finding the controls and graphics? I'm still debating whether to go 360 or PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back