Rate the video games you're currently playing
Oct 18, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #5,252 of 6,929
Just got grim dawn on pc and loving splatoon on wii u. Witcher was too long for me, I beat it but it made my eyes bleed

Oct 18, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #5,254 of 6,929
I know I already mentioned  that Shadow of Mordor is a great game. I am nearly entirely completed with it now. However I think it's worth mentioning that I actually feel emotional about it having to finish. Only rarely do I love games this much and feel sad knowing it has to end.

SoM has only thin story telling within the Middle Earth universe, yet it's more than enough to tie the player in. Running around doing tasks and killing uruks is just pure fun. Every now and again you come back to touch base and do a main mission. The plot then is fulfilling, especially later on. No spoilers but you are in a room and it's just like out of a fantasy movie in the cut-scene. Yes it should be anyway, but it is done perfectly.  

Oct 18, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #5,255 of 6,929
The Taken King.  Bungie got this expansion very, very right.  Which is good, because there's a good chance everyone will drop it once Fallout 4 and SW Battlefront are released.  

Battlefront lost me with the lack of content and the 50 dollar season pass. I'll keep playing taken King. Ps4???

Oct 18, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #5,257 of 6,929
What's everyone playing now? I'm slowly working through The Witcher 3 on PS4.

I bought Mad Max for £12.

I mean to wait for W3 until all the DLC is here, and it's all a bit cheaper. It's maintaining a high purchase cost because they are releasing good updates and DLC that people want. That mean s maybe waiting until mid 2016.

Doom 4 out next year also. Hanging on to my seat for that. Vid of Doom 4 gameplay, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljpBwguIqos

Oct 18, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #5,258 of 6,929
I'm currently getting into Project CARS in a big way.  the graphics are just tremendous, such that even going back to a great simulator like Assetto Corsa seems a bit disappointing, despite the actual physics and ffb being more realistic in AC.  Just getting to learn each car's attributes and quirks is very satisfying and the night races and weather effects are truly jaw dropping at times.  10/10

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #5,259 of 6,929
I know I already mentioned  that Shadow of Mordor is a great game. I am nearly entirely completed with it now. However I think it's worth mentioning that I actually feel emotional about it having to finish. Only rarely do I love games this much and feel sad knowing it has to end.

SoM has only thin story telling within the Middle Earth universe, yet it's more than enough to tie the player in. Running around doing tasks and killing uruks is just pure fun. Every now and again you come back to touch base and do a main mission. The plot then is fulfilling, especially later on. No spoilers but you are in a room and it's just like out of a fantasy movie in the cut-scene. Yes it should be anyway, but it is done perfectly.  

Thanks for the mini-review! This is on my list. Do you think the DLC is mostly of high quality? I'm debating whether to grab the standard version for PS4 or wait for the "Game of the Year" version to come down in price.

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #5,260 of 6,929
I'm currently getting into Project CARS in a big way.  the graphics are just tremendous, such that even going back to a great simulator like Assetto Corsa seems a bit disappointing, despite the actual physics and ffb being more realistic in AC.  Just getting to learn each car's attributes and quirks is very satisfying and the night races and weather effects are truly jaw dropping at times.  10/10

Thanks for the tip! I traded in my 360 in June to get the PS4. I'm happy with the PS4, but I miss my Forza racing games.

From an accessibility perspective, is Project Cars more like Forza or Gran Turismo? I much prefer Forza, personally.

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #5,261 of 6,929
I bought Mad Max for £12.

I mean to wait for W3 until all the DLC is here, and it's all a bit cheaper. It's maintaining a high purchase cost because they are releasing good updates and DLC that people want. That mean s maybe waiting until mid 2016.

Doom 4 out next year also. Hanging on to my seat for that. Vid of Doom 4 gameplay, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljpBwguIqos

Good price! I have a few strategies for saving money on games.

1. If it's over a year old, you can definitely get a good deal on eBay.
2. GameFly sells used games for $15 or $20 just a few months after release. (Not sure if GameFly, or something similar, is available in Europe.)
3. Buy it on sale, and use my credit card to price match it up to 60 days after the purchase date, if it drops further in price.

If anyone else has suggestions for getting deals on games, shoot them my way.

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #5,263 of 6,929

Thanks for the tip! I traded in my 360 in June to get the PS4. I'm happy with the PS4, but I miss my Forza racing games.

From an accessibility perspective, is Project Cars more like Forza or Gran Turismo? I much prefer Forza, personally.

I'm playing on a PC, so haven't played Forza or any of the later GT games.  I had GT 1+2 on the PS1 though, but I can't realistically compare.  I'm sure there's lots of info out there about your comparisons though.  I can't imagine anyone not liking Project CARS, but It's not gonna run as well on a console compared to a good PC setup.

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #5,264 of 6,929
Thanks for the mini-review! This is on my list. Do you think the DLC is mostly of high quality? I'm debating whether to grab the standard version for PS4 or wait for the "Game of the Year" version to come down in price.

I can't really answer that because some of the DLC content is external to the main game. (Whereas I haven't completed the main game and got to that DLC yet.) Neither do I really know which of the DLC content makes a difference to the main game. I would say if you bought either version, you would like it. I bought it complete with DLC because it was the only version available when I purchased. I think that tells you something, that they consider the DLC contents/Season Pass, part of it now, on Steam.

Oct 22, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #5,265 of 6,929
I think Assetto Corsa looks better. But I think it´s because I am on a 50" 1080p and Assetto Corsas higher res pays off. Of course it lack the rain effects, day night cycle and all that goodies :)

Currently I have time for neither of them :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back