Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jul 22, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #5,146 of 6,937
  I really wish someone would make games like this again.

I have pretty much givin up on gaming....just can't stand the hand holding......graphics are great now days....game play has fallen off drastically , IMHO.

If you want a game with no hand-holding play Dark Souls/Dark Souls 2. Excellent games that will never be accused of hand-holding under any circumstance. There are still great games out there but there is just more garbage to sift through is all.

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #5,147 of 6,937
Just replayed the mass effect trilogy for the first time since the original me3 ending days (which I thought was a fine ending to an awesome series). I still really like it and the extended cut makes it slightly better. People love to complain either way. I wish EA (who have always sucked) and bioware (who have been sucking for awhile) would have stoped the cash grab and released all the dlc in the trilogy set instead of actually releasing more separate pay dlc and removing some that previously was included. I hate dlc so much. Femshep rules the milky way yo.

ME 1: Great game, some bugs bug overall great game.
ME 2: Almost a master piece. Played it 7 times.
ME 3: Did not even finish it, I youtubed the ending (you cant believe how smart I felt when I realized I did not waste more time).

ME 3 for me took away too much of the "non-combat" elements.
Half of the time I felt like I was playing a 3rd person shooter, and Im sure anyone who would call ME series a 3rd person shooter would be oversimplifying a o lot.

The worse offence for me of ME3 was how narrow the game story-line was.
ME2 was not open world by any means, but it did allow for some exploration, some dialogues etc.
ME3... I felt like it was the same simplification as from Dragon Age Origins to Dragon age 2.

Thats just my point of view, but Id never suggest to someone to play ME3, id tell them to simply skip it :D.

EDIT: About DLC: I simply wait till they are done with them, and buy at 50% price or less the full set.
HOWEVER! ME2, you need to buy bioware points? make anotehr account? link your game data with some server?
Kiss my black *ss (and Im white, but I needed the extra omph for the statement).
Worst part: its another thing you have to remember to do after formating a pc, or getting a new one: log in again, get the key, install it from bioware again (hope that they wont discontinue it at some point).

I dont use steam because they save little dolphins in their free time, but because I can format my PC, set to download 20 games, go to sleep, and be ready to rumble the next day. So... I sorta decided that anything that I need Origin, Ubisoft, Microsoft games, points, DRM and so on wont be on my PC.

Jul 22, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #5,148 of 6,937
Just replayed the mass effect trilogy for the first time since the original me3 ending days (which I thought was a fine ending to an awesome series). I still really like it and the extended cut makes it slightly better. People love to complain either way. I wish EA (who have always sucked) and bioware (who have been sucking for awhile) would have stoped the cash grab and released all the dlc in the trilogy set instead of actually releasing more separate pay dlc and removing some that previously was included. I hate dlc so much. Femshep rules the milky way yo.

I am thinking about getting mass Effect 2 and 3 myself. I recently downloaded the Demo of 3 on Origin, and played half. Great demo. I was unsure last time I tried it but I was on a much smaller monitor and it did it no favours. I found the ME2 demo is on Steam so am going to grab that anytime soon. (I tried the ME1 demo ages and ages ago and found it not so exciting.) 

Jul 27, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #5,149 of 6,937
Yep I like the Mass Effect 2, and 3 demo. Gonna get them as soon as a sale comes. Really glad you mentioned it.

I was trying out an old game again last night. Rome Total War. Given the huge following of these type of games I surprised. It is the third time I tried it, and I failed spectacularly last night. I am -8000 denari, and no chance of getting back in credit and earning money. I can't buy troops or buildings. Thus I have to start again.

The two previous times I played, I got much further on. I conquered loads of places, and had masses of the map. Yet both times another faction declared war on my capitol and I could not get troops there fast enough to defend. I don't know if this means game over, but either way both times I gave up.

Jul 27, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #5,150 of 6,937
I've been playing a lot of Dying Light lately it's way better then I thought it was going to be and it's on sale off steam right now well worth trying..

Aug 3, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #5,153 of 6,937
  Hatoful Boyfriend 10/10

Everybirdie needs to play this game, if only for the BBL route.

hahaha, I streamed that a lot when I was streaming; I have videos of it somewhere...game slayed me.

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #5,154 of 6,937
Hi folks. I just bought Mass Effect 2 and ME3 in the current EA sale. Please is it worth buying Mass Effect (the first one)? I didn't buy it because I figured it might be a bit old, and look and play old.

I don't mind missing it from the continuity perspective. Neither did I choose to buy the Trilogy bundle. It was £3.60 more expensive that buying the three games separately. However the ME Trilogy adds two DLC that reviewed quite weakly and multiplayer options. I never play multiplayer anyway. I like co-op play. Not multiplayer though, since there are always cheaters that spoil it so I don't waste money on it.

Aug 5, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #5,155 of 6,937
  Hi folks. I just bought Mass Effect 2 and ME3 in the current EA sale. Please is it worth buying Mass Effect (the first one)? I didn't buy it because I figured it might be a bit old, and look and play old.

I don't mind missing it from the continuity perspective. Neither did I choose to buy the Trilogy bundle. It was £3.60 more expensive that buying the three games separately. However it adds two DLC that reviewed quite weakly and multiplayer options. I never play multiplayer anyway. I like co-op play. Not multiplayer though, since there are always cheaters that spoil it so I don't waste money on it.

Yes it's worth it.  ME1 is arguably the best game in the franchise.  You should care about continuity; Mass Effect is really one story-driven game split into three different parts.  For what it's worth the only one with multiplayer is ME3, and it's a co-op implementation that you might like for a little while (it's obviously not a major attraction but strangely enough I like it more than 90% of the multiplayer games in existence, needless to say I'm not much of a multiplayer guy).

Aug 6, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #5,156 of 6,937

I don't mind missing it from the continuity perspective. Neither did I choose to buy the Trilogy bundle. It was £3.60 more expensive that buying the three games separately. However it adds two DLC that reviewed quite weakly and multiplayer options. I never play multiplayer anyway. I like co-op play. Not multiplayer though, since there are always cheaters that spoil it so I don't waste money on it.

As someone who started with ME2 myself, I bought ME1 after i finished it at a friends house (So i would say it is worth it).

It does play and feel a bit old, no doubt about that, but I still feel it was a great buy (I am actually replaying ME1 currently since I got a plasma TV since I played it last time, and after around 20 hours I dont really want to go to ME2 untill im done with ME1)

Aug 7, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #5,157 of 6,937
OK thank you. Having played the demo for both ME2 and 3, I am happy. I think it's safe to assume ME is a good game. I don't know if I will buy it now or later though.

I started downloading ME2 and I am wondering what I have bought, and if EA Origin have made a mistake. It appears to be downloading a lot of DLC and art packs. This was the one I bought and it's not the Digital Deluxe Edition, https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/buy/mass-effect-2/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

Aug 10, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #5,159 of 6,937
  OK thank you. Having played the demo for both ME2 and 3, I am happy. I think it's safe to assume ME is a good game. I don't know if I will buy it now or later though.

I started downloading ME2 and I am wondering what I have bought, and if EA Origin have made a mistake. It appears to be downloading a lot of DLC and art packs. This was the one I bought and it's not the Digital Deluxe Edition, https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/buy/mass-effect-2/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

As far as I know, even the base game has some dlc.
Personally I bought ME and ME2 on steam (I would not install origin on my PC under any circumstances), but DLCs then are out of my reach on Steam only.

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #5,160 of 6,937
Splinter Cell Chaos theory. Love stealth games, Thief 2 is probably one of my favorite games of all time. So I was excited to play my first splinter cell game. Really enjoying the game so far, but it is really repetitive. Thief 2 is also really repeitive, but the world was just so interesting and immersive that it never seemed to get old. But really enjoying the game nonetheless. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back