Assassin's Creed (others) : 8/10
Battlefield 3 & 4 : 9.5/10
Titanfall:  9.5/10
Splinter cell  :8/10
Dark souls: 9.5/10
Skyrim: 10/10
Naruto Shippuden UNSR : 6/10
Mortal Kombat X : 7/10

These were my top favorite games. I also play a new MMO game called Archage, It's a beautiful concept for MMORPG games.
I look forward to batman arkham knight.

I really did miss some good strategy games like C&Q generals and Red Alert :)

Jun 22, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #5,117 of 6,943

I am agree completely with you regarding the combat generally. I was surprised since some folk mentioned W2 was nearly as hard as DS. However actually playing W2 is a different story. Just now I quit from no patience. I am looking for ingredients for the talisman, and one is Eyes of Arracus. After having just killed the Arracus I looked in my inventory. Nope! Nothing there. Find the place I killed it and search again. Nothing there. I think I searched the beast but it cut straight to a scene talking with elf. I searched the whole area after the chat. All in all it's minimising, closing down, googling: quite a bit is like this.

My fight with the Kayran, I should have closed down and done the next day. I was beyond exhausted at the time. Still though I thought I was doing OK considering. Many deaths were not my fault.

I will look that up. I tried putting the files in the Steam DATA folder. Crashed on loading up save file. Need to start again. The DSMousefix does work as an desktop gadget. I think I need to get DSfix and DSMousefix files into the DATA folder. Plus I have to get the windows cursor off the screen. Total pain that, (and F9 not working for it.) If I can't get rid of it, I think it's game over.

I had the same problem :D.
Did you follow the instructions step by step?
In my case I forgot a few steps and thats why it did not work :D.

First thing, in terms of crashing, did you turn Anti Aliasing OFF the game before installing DSFix? If you did not, it will crash.
Its unclear if you will have to do everything again or if just putting the DSFix files out of the folder, turning on the game, turning off anti aliasing and finally putting the files back will work.

Second, the mouse problem seems to have something to do with the wrong version of DSFix and Mouse fix (the most updated version does not work for everyone).
I cant tell from memory what version I use, but  know it is not the current one, as I had to tery previous versions before I found the combination that works for me.

But if you give up so early with this problem, im quite sure Dark Souls is not for you :D.
I can however check when I get home what version I use and send you links to it if you want.
I can also send you copies of the files I use with the settings already in place, if the notepad modifications are not something you feel safe with. (F9 does not work for me either)

EDIT:
DSFix is a strange beast. It worked perfectly well untill the steam update, and now not everything runs well.
However, most commonly its a mistake on the users part by making a mistake in at a certain point in the installation process. (I know it was my case more than once).
Personally It took me around 4 hours to get it running (since then I logged over 450 hours so I dont complain).

The problem here is that not all dark souls games have the same patch (there are 4 regions, each of them had a slightly different patch) so It takes time to get it working. 

Jun 22, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #5,118 of 6,943
Yeh no worries, As long as I know I have done something wrong, not following instructions, I'll be OK.

Going back a few posts I had a grumble about The Witcher 2 being awkward. Ooops noob mistake, I thougt silver swords were only for spirits enemies like wraiths. I was fightming monsters with steel. I think my battle with the Kayran would have been much simpler had I used the correct weapon too.

Is anyone looking at getting The Talos Principle while the Steam sale is about to finish. I like the puzzles and the graphics but I am put off by its philosophical content. I don't know how much philosophy there is, and I don't fancy being preached at.

Jun 22, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #5,119 of 6,943
  Yeh no worries, As long as I know I have done something wrong, not following instructions, I'll be OK.

Going back a few posts I had a grumble about The Witcher 2 being awkward. Ooops noob mistake, I thougt silver swords were only for spirits enemies like wraiths. I was fightming monsters with steel. I think my battle with the Kayran would have been much simpler had I used the correct weapon too.

Is anyone looking at getting The Talos Principle while the Steam sale is about to finish. I like the puzzles and the graphics but I am put off by its philosophical content. I don't know how much philosophy there is, and I don't fancy being preached at.

Talos Principle is sort of a game that tries to be as portal.
As far As I heard (have not played the game) it is good at start but very soon becomes bland and weak.
Personally, for steam sale, i have the following games on my wishlist:

-Darkest Dungeon
-Lichdom Battlemage
-Goat Simulator
-Dreadout
-Outlast
-The vanishing of Ethan carter
-The Talos principle (so I plan to get it, when its very cheap)
-Space Engineers
-Plague Inc: Evolved
-Baldurs gate II EE
-Witcher 3
-Road Redemption
-Hatred
-Besiege
-Five Nights at Freddys
-Elite Dangerous
-Dragon Ball Xenoverse
-Tera
-Resident Evil HD Remaster
-Fahrenheit Remastered
-Life is Strange
-Homeworld Remasterd
-Betrayer
-Morrowind
-Dishonored
-Contrast
-Dying Light
-Distance
-Hellraid
-Heros and Generals
-Daylight
-Psychonauts
-Republique Remastered

Jun 22, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #5,120 of 6,943
It's Steam Sale time, so I'm making my way through a few new purchases while I'm still in the return period (makes it feel so much easier to take a few risks now that Steam has a return policy).

So far, Wolfenstein The New Order is a keeper, and I'll hopefully get a chance to play Grey Goo and Speed Runners tonight. I'll probably pick up Just Cause 2 tonight as well.

I bought Just Cause 2 last steam sale and it was good for what I paid. I also bought Grey Goo and Wolfenstein:New Order during this Steam sale (along with a bunch more). Have been waiting for grey goo to go on sale as I am a big RTS fan. Several folk have told me the new Wolfenstein is really good and for $15 I am looking forward to it but I have so much on my plate ATM - currently engaged in The Witcher 2, Pillars of Eternity, Ori and the Blind Forest, Metro: Last light & Borderlands the Pre-sequel.

Edit : In the steam sale I bought Wolfenstein:New Order, Borderlands Pre-Sequel, Grey Goo, Dungeon Defenders 2, Tropico 5, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Fallout: New Vegas, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 3. 3dmark (full version), got gifted a few others and gifted out a few myself.

Jun 22, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #5,121 of 6,943
Wolfenstein is high testosterone, robots, and good guns. It's a shame Steam don't have the Wolfenstein 2009 game, which is occultish.

@catspaw I just bought Outlast.

If you get Morrowind, I recommend get the GOTY edition, if there is still access to Morroblivion or Skywind. (You need GOTY to use the mod, plus GOTY of either Oblivion or Skyrim.) I think the Skywind peeps took the mod off their website, while they fix bugs. You need whichever of the mods allows you to fast travel. Otherwise Morrowind starts to drag. Literally getting to a fort from the town you are in, means walking. Walking, and walking. Plus you might appreciate having a mod to get rid of enemy replenishing. The cliff racers screech and attack you everywhere you go, thus interrupting your endless walking. Morrowind alone doesn't always show map markers for places you visited. Thus not only do you have to walk a lot to get back, you have to search. Plus you need levitation to get over mountains of you have to walk further. (I played quite a lot of it with Overhaul 3.0 and I ran out of patience in the end.)

Jun 22, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #5,122 of 6,943
Which wolfenstein did you get the last 2 were really fun games but i've always loved the series..

Jun 22, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #5,123 of 6,943
Yeh sorry I forgot to say, I have played The New Order, which is what I meant by high testosterone. I have bought The Old Blood in the Steam Summer Sale but not played it yet. I think I'd really like to get the previous game, but it's not on Steam. On ebay it sells for quite high prices and I tried but was outbid. I love occulty stuff in games. The Nazi Zombie Army games are based on occult and they do have a sinister feel to them.

Jun 23, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #5,124 of 6,943
Yeah I really enjoyed both old blood & the new order great series of games..

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #5,125 of 6,943
Wolfenstein is high testosterone, robots, and good guns. It's a shame Steam don't have the Wolfenstein 2009 game, which is occultish.

I loved that 2009 wolfenstein. The supernatural elements really made it stand out from every other FPS I had played in that style (Medal of Honor/CoD/Battlefield, etc.). Still haven't played the new one, as I'm still catching up on last years backlog, but will eventually, and probably get the GOTY edition, whenever that's out and price reduced.

Jun 25, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #5,126 of 6,943
Yeah I really like that wolf also must have played it through 6 or 7 times..

Jul 1, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #5,127 of 6,943
Currently playing Real Life:

Graphics are awesome, gameplay sucks.

NPCs are Realistic but most of them are Idiots with no sense of humor.

No save games, Respawn time is unknown, and controls tend to become more difficult the longer you play (aka your character ages naturally).

There are no supernatural creatures, no futuristic gadgets or Aliens, and it you need to take breaks each day for some hours to allow your character to continue with decent chances of beating the game.

Oh and, btw, the ending kinda sucks. Only one ending also.

Rate at 3/10, 4/10 if you have a good girl, 5/10 if you get a lucky roll when randomly creating your character and get the good spawn.

Jul 1, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #5,128 of 6,943
For me - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is not so good. I spend most of the first half struggling and dying and listening to Klaxon alarms in my headphones. Literally hours of arrrurr arrruur (that's my alarm impression). I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Also struggling with The Talos Principle. I was very wary about initially for two reasons. One it's got philosophy and ancient religious texts in it; who needs that. Second I am not a puzzle fan and it's one of the things I hate in games. However I liked the demo, (not including the religious stuff on the terminals). I mean I really liked the demo and got a great buzz from finishing the puzzles. Weirdly I needed youtube help for the very simple first one. I couldn't do the second one for ages but after many time looking at it, it made sense.  Then I aced the third. Then looking at the reviews on Steam I thought OK, give it a go, and bought it.

The game though is unbelievably difficult. They put stuff in that you would never think of. You look up the solution, and think OK I will remember that technique. Then next puzzle there is something else you can't possibly figure, that you just wouldn't think of. Then the next, and the next. Then you get an easy one, and think OK I forgive it. Then they throw another concept at you and you have to learn that. I swear I am stuck on a puzzle now that I have looked up the solution for. However I still can not do it.

I am truly perplexed by the positive reviews. I think a lot of people dare not write negative reviews because they will be chided.

The Talos Principle is like this. It has I think four levels. There are about seven doors off each level. Then about five puzzle though each door. Imagine how long it will take if you are like me getting stuck nearly all the time. Just five puzzles through one door could take ten hours. I get annoyed because PC hardware costs money to run. I want feedback and fun equal to the cost of running the PC. I don't want to be staring at something, trying and thinking, closing down and trying later again and again.

On the other hand, some of the puzzles are just pure genius, and working them out is an eye-watering pleasure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back