Rate the video games you're currently playing
Aug 20, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #5,176 of 6,943
Fair do. Fixed camera is why I have not played RE1, 2, or 3. Each to their own.

I think they are only re-making it from a different perspective. I believe it's the same game.. The vids in the link are cool. I watched them both.

Was just thinking today, it's a shame they stopped making Silent Hills.

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #5,177 of 6,943
I always liked the original resident evil games (played on PC). 
I loved the idea of having few bullets for few enemies, always pondering running or shooting.
You cant do that in a normal shooter because if you have low ammo and miss, you are going to be quite frustrated.
Even Metro 2033 where it was supposed to be low resource game I ended up with over 1000 bullets, because other way it would probably be too hard for those who play games more casually.

I have actually remastered RE on my wishlist for when price becomes low :D.

Aug 21, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #5,179 of 6,943
I loved the idea of having few bullets for few enemies, always pondering running or shooting.
You cant do that in a normal shooter because if you have low ammo and miss, you are going to be quite frustrated.
Even Metro 2033 where it was supposed to be low resource game I ended up with over 1000 bullets, because other way it would probably be too hard for those who play games more casually.

You have to play on Ranger or Ranger Hardcore mode in the Metro games to actually run low on supplies.

Aug 21, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #5,180 of 6,943

Which version of Metro 2033 do you mean? I just played 2033 Redux for the first time and there was plenty of ammo in that. However in the original Metro 2033 played on hardcore mode, ammo was scarce. I would regularly run out of whatever type of ammo I was using and needed.

I never tried the original RE games 1-3 though, but a fixed camera does not appeal to me. It must have been OK for those that loved it though, since it is popular.

@superjawes yep, I felt that way about Silent Hill Homecoming, but folks assured me that wasn't the best one. I did hate the Konami splash-screen every time I booted it up. Silent Hills looked incredible though. Did you see the vid of it?

Aug 21, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #5,181 of 6,943

Which version of Metro 2033 do you mean? I just played 2033 Redux for the first time and there was plenty of ammo in that. However in the original Metro 2033 played on hardcore mode, ammo was scarce. I would regularly run out of whatever type of ammo I was using and needed.

I never tried the original RE games 1-3 though, but a fixed camera does not appeal to me. It must have been OK for those that loved it though, since it is popular.

@superjawes yep, I felt that way about Silent Hill Homecoming, but folks assured me that wasn't the best one. I did hate the Konami splash-screen every time I booted it up. Silent Hills looked incredible though. Did you see the vid of it?

Either version on Ranger or Ranger Hardcore mode.  I am replaying Metro 2033 Redux right now on Ranger mode, ammo is still not as scarce as other games but I have run out a few times, primarily earlier in the game.  If you're really accurate you can just use throwing knives and retrieve them though, thus saving ammo.  This applies to all Metro games.

Aug 21, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #5,182 of 6,943
Today's Konami just don't care about video games anymore. They can make and are making money on Japanese gambling machines right now, so they don't care if games have to be cancelled. Oh, and if they can exploit one of their game properties on those machines, they sure as hell will.

If you really enjoyed the good Konami products of the past, throw your support behind projects like Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

Sorry for that little rant...it's just upsetting that big publishers and/or studios have pulled support from properties that I have enjoyed in the past. Maybe a Castlevania game (in proper Metroidvania style) isn't as profitable and/or safe in the current AAA market, but that doesn't mean that the market doesn't exist.

Aug 21, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #5,183 of 6,943
Redux is a different game in regards ammo. I ended up with about 1000 military grade ammo in Redux and never ran out of ammo.

The original Metro 2033, I played nine times and often on hard-core. I would regularly chose Kalash, pistol, and shotgun. Many times I would run out of Kalash ammo, and have to change to pistol for long distance kills. I would be playing kill to kill like you said you liked. Making a kill and picking up a scrap of ammo from it.

I was very cautious about spending military grade ammo in the original Metro 2033. There were only two times I spent it. First was to get a sight on the Kalash. Second was to get shotgun shells, at one of the stations. (The station before you underground into the caverns, where you meet the big thing.)

It was for two reasons I would not spend military grade ammo. First because there is some armour you can buy at Polis. When you arrive and go in the station door, there is a weapon and ammo vendor. However there is a guy sat on the floor on the right just inside the doorway, who sells armour. Second reason, because I used the military grade stuff in the last battles against the amoebas etc.

@superjawes I read that SH2 is the one to get.

Aug 21, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #5,184 of 6,943
  Redux is a different game in regards ammo. I ended up with about 1000 military grade ammo in Redux and never ran out of ammo.

The original I played nine times and often on hard-core. I would regularly chose Kalash, pistol, and shotgun. Many times I would run out of Kalash ammo, and have to change to pistol for long distance kills. I would be playing kill to kill like you said you liked. Making a kill and picking up a scrap of ammo from it.

I was very cautious about spending military grade ammo in the original Metro 2033. There were only two times I spent it. First was to get a sight on the Kalash. Second was to get shotgun shells, at one of the stations. (The station before you underground into the caverns, where you meet the big thing.)

It was for two reasons I would not spend military grade ammo. First because there is some armour you can buy at Polis. When you arrive and go in the station door, there is a weapon and ammo vendor. However there is a guy sat on the floor on the right just the doorway, who sells armour. Second reason, because I used the military grade stuff in the last battles against the amoebas etc.

Redux has two modes but I forgot what they're called.  Spartan and Survival I think?  Survival is more like the original with regards to ammo.  I only fire military grade rounds at the very end of either one.  Redux on Survival still has a bit more ammo, but that's because the levels are bigger and have new areas in which you can find ammo.  Also Redux has hidden safes which tend to have lots of ammo in them if you can get them open.

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #5,185 of 6,943

You have to play on Ranger or Ranger Hardcore mode in the Metro games to actually run low on supplies.

I was talking about ranger hardcore :D.
It was very easy for me to land headshots with any weapon in that game, so I would rarely need to use many bullets.
Hell, I had more problems with Air Filters than with Military grade ammo.
Last time I played it, I had aroun 600 military grade, 700 junk ammo, around 150 revolver and over 200 for shotgun.
Last mission the weird globes took all the military grade ammo and the junk ammo, but still had the revolver and shoot left.

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #5,186 of 6,943

Original Metro 2033, Hardcore Ranger mode. I started on that one from the beginning.

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #5,187 of 6,943
Im thinking of picking up one of the borderlands games just for some mindless shooting.
Anyone can tell me what one would be the best to pick up? (from borderlands 1 and 2).

Aug 24, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #5,189 of 6,943
  Im thinking of picking up one of the borderlands games just for some mindless shooting.
Anyone can tell me what one would be the best to pick up? (from borderlands 1 and 2).

BL2 is the better game of the two. It's a stunning game. I would add get the GOTY edition.

BL1 is harder to get from A-B and back again, (and I actually got fed up in BL1.) Someone will argue with me on that, but it's true. Therefor BL2 is more fluent, and my guess is you will not want to stop playing.

I played BL2 last year and wasn't even sure I'd like it. It was so much fun it took my head clean off. Everything, even the cartoon weapons, are epic. The graphics are truly amazing.

Aug 24, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #5,190 of 6,943
I agree borderlands 2 is an awesome game it's hard sometimes to stop playing it's so good. One of my all time favorites, hopefully we'll see a bl3 I really didn't care all that much for bl pre-sequel just ok..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back