Rate the video games you're currently playing
Feb 10, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #1,351 of 6,977

Quote:
Dead Space 2 is screw**g scary so guess its pretty great but not getting that far in it as its really scary so my nerves can't handle that, these work and my wife at the same time for extended periodes.

This is very true.  It's a lot less predictable and you have much less distance between yourself and the necromorphs when most encounters start.  The final battle is kicking my tail. 

Feb 10, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #1,352 of 6,977
Super Meat Boy FTW
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #1,353 of 6,977
Fable 3 - 7/10

I loved nearly everything about Fable 2 (except the bugs) but this game is just no fun to play. Everything is so dumbed down and it's as if they were aiming it at children or something. At times it feels like I'm just following a set path the whole time and just smashing buttons. Or someone is playing the game for me and holding my hand the entire way through. What moron thinks that going to a room to change weapons or armor was a good idea? Or to change options?

Quests are just boring and I'm just doing them to advance. I just run through them and get out of them as fast as possible and the whole time I'm wishing I could skip the dialogue.

Combat isn't as fun as the 2nd game. I hope it gets better soon. The jobs are less fun, but luckily money is just as easy to get. I just buy as many properties as possible, repair them and increase the rent.

I had this game for months but I played New Vegas first. Didn't like that either, but Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games ever made. I should have liked it..

Uncharted 2: Drake's Fortune - 10/10

I loved this game on the first playthrough, but I hated the last boss fight and once I beat him I didn't play the game over for a year. I recently just played it over again on hard and found it not too difficult. A few hard parts. After that I was having so much fun with the game that I played it on Crushing mode. I died about 6 times during one early area that gave me problems the first time through and figured there was no way I could beat the game on Crushing. Turns out that it gets easier. Since I had played it so many other times, areas that gave me problems before were now quite easy. The hardest level for me was "The Monastery". One area where a group of enemies rush at you while a Sniper and a guy with a Rocket Launcher is in the distance. Basically for Crushing you had to be in survival mode half the time and don't take any risks.

BTW it seems like Uncharted 1 on "Normal" is more like part 2 on "Hard"! Can't wait for part 3! I wish combat in all FPSs was this fun. Combat in Fallout 3 just isn't as fun for some reason.

Bioshock 2 - 9/10

Took me a second playthrough to really appreciate this game and get good. When you know how things work, hard mode isn't too bad. Love the hacking and all the upgrades, but the story itself is just so-so. It's hard to go back to part 1 after playing this. 70% of the way through this game and you're so overpowered that the game feels like it's turned into easy mode. No problem there. One of the rare games where I've not experienced a single bug..somehow.

Mass Effect 2 - ?? /10

I turned this off after 4 hours. What the heck is wrong with me?! I guess I need to give this another chance. I also disliked "Red Dead Redemption", so I guess I'm too picky.

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #1,354 of 6,977
I'm with ya on masseffect 2 I didnt like it.

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #1,355 of 6,977
Little Big Planet 2: 9/10 I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!! a bit short IMO but the creation is just amazing way more innovative than the first game and much easier to learn I'm working on a bioshock level hahaha.

Feb 11, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #1,356 of 6,977
Robot: simple game in linux: 7 from 10.
Klondike in Aisleriot Solitaire: simple card game in linux: 5 from 10.
DotA: custom map from World of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne expansion: 9 from 10.

First two are waiting time game (loading time waiting, converting files waiting etc), while the last one is reeaaaaaaaly addict, I got away from it mainly because I spend my time in linux more than on my windows :D

Feb 11, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #1,357 of 6,977
Crysis Warhead - 7.5/10
Clean, fun gameplay, amazing graphics (well they're the same as crysis 1 but that looks amazing) My only problem with it is that the game is essentially the same as the first one with a slightly different location. This isn't a huge deal to me as I know this was how they designed the game, and I loved playing through the first one, but I felt they could have done a lot more with warhead.

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #1,359 of 6,977
waaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I am not that old. Halo did NOT come out 10 years ago. That's just not possible.

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #1,361 of 6,977
OK guys, I need Advices.
Long time PC gamer, fave genres action RPG, and strategy, most liked ever: Starcraft, Diablo's the AoE series... and some others like Fable, Elder Scrolls, some starwars RPGs dungeons lord and a lot similar ones.

Although i know nintendo has the best RPG tittles I recently bought me a PSP and only game i have is God Of War: chains of Olympus. and i am not impressed, by far.
I have Medal of honor: Heroes and Final Fantasy: Crisis Core in the way. (i did liked MoH in the PC)

Please recommend me some good games because im kinda regretting not buying a DS and the Zelda series 
confused.gif

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #1,362 of 6,977

Quote:
OK guys, I need Advices.
Long time PC gamer, fave genres action RPG, and strategy, most liked ever: Starcraft, Diablo's the AoE series... and some others like Fable, Elder Scrolls, some starwars RPGs dungeons lord and a lot similar ones.

Although i know nintendo has the best RPG tittles I recently bought me a PSP and only game i have is God Of War: chains of Olympus. and i am not impressed, by far.
I have Medal of honor: Heroes and Final Fantasy: Crisis Core in the way. (i did liked MoH in the PC)

Please recommend me some good games because im kinda regretting not buying a DS and the Zelda series 
confused.gif

I'm sorry, you are doomed to an eternity of crap that the PSP beholds. Sorry :p Honestly though, if I had to recommend you something it would be probably Kingdom Hearts? The DS is the way to go IMO. Just so much range and you can get all the old school Square Enix stuff.

Feb 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #1,364 of 6,977

Quote:
I know, fan of equre enix. buti read they also have games for psp ...

you sir, arent heping 
popcorn.gif

Hey, I suggested Kingdom Hearts!
tongue.gif
I haven't played it but I remember the ones on PS2 were decent back in the day. I should know more about PSP, as while studying at uni I have a casual job at EB Games (gamestop in the US I think), but the fact of the matter is we sell very little amounts of PSP so I just don't notice as many of the games. I'll let you know if I come across anything else that looks decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back