Rate the video games you're currently playing
Feb 5, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #1,336 of 6,977

Quote:
TF2 10/10. 21 hours played time in the first 2 days, feels like what I think might be carpal tunnel in my left wrist, I think i have a problem.

PSH small time* 270+ hours*......

Feb 6, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #1,337 of 6,977
Super Meat Boy has been my most recent obsession.  I've spent upwards of 20 hours playing that game.  It's incredibly fun while still being one of the most challenging games I've played in a very long time.  Totally unforgiving. 10/10

Feb 6, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #1,338 of 6,977
Quote:
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - IOS

Passable controls, poor and very rehashed level design. 

Haha, passable controls on any system.  The entire game wasn't good enough to meet the hype (even without hype it's a broken game).  I hope the next episode is 10 times better.  Sonic 2 HD and Remix are going to whip Sega's butt at their own game. ;D

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here's some used games I got cheap:

Geometry Wars. Wow, what a fun game. If you liked Asteroids this is an updated take on it. The version I have is GW: Retro/Evolved which came in the XBox Live Arcade Unplugged bundle. Other games on the disc include Texas Hold'em Poker, Backgammon, Bejeweled 2, Wik: Fable of Souls and Outpost Kaloki. $6 from Amazon.

I've spent days perfecting my technique on that game.

I'm playing Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time.

Is that on the N64?

:D  I've been playing that one on the Wii (I don't happen to have a copy for my N64).  Still holds up very well.  Great game!  (Even though I prefer Majora's Mask more for favorite 3D Zelda (anybody hate me for this? ;P)).

+1 for Super Meat Boy being an awesomely addictive game.

The last game I've enjoyed, was Time Hollow (DS).  Which was a pretty good game.  It's been on my list of games to play since before it game out in Japan.

Feb 6, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #1,339 of 6,977
I tried a Zelda game on my N64, but there were no instructions for it and I couldn't figure it out. I think that was the last game I even attempted on the 64 before going on to PC games with Diablo and Starcraft.

Feb 6, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #1,340 of 6,977
Quote:
I tried a Zelda game on my N64, but there were no instructions for it and I couldn't figure it out. I think that was the last game I even attempted on the 64 before going on to PC games with Diablo and Starcraft.

Instructions needed for Zelda!! :D That cracks me up.  Unless it's the original Zelda (NES) [Which starting off is hard to figure out what to do], you don't need instructions.  In fact the game annoyingly drives it into your head with a drill.  (I really hate NAVI!!! "HEY! LISTEN!"). Maybe try it again now days? (Talk with everyone you meet and explore).  Maybe play it on your not-N64? ;P (Best to get it for the N64 or Wii).  It's worth a second chance, unlike most 3rd party games on the N64 which were bad, and never should be spoken of again.  (Anyone like Castlevania 64)?

Feb 6, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #1,341 of 6,977
OK, I beat Ocarina of Time (after like 100 hours. Some levels had me spinning around in circles for hours. I remembered where all the fairies and most of the hearts were though).

Moving on to Dead Space 2 on the hardest difficulty. I'm already to the 6th level, which is disapointing because I thought it would last longer. Also, hard mode is where it's at. You aren't truly scared unless you know you'll die in one hit.

Feb 6, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #1,342 of 6,977
OK, I beat Ocarina of Time (after like 100 hours. Some levels had me spinning around in circles for hours. I remembered where all the fairies and most of the hearts were though).

Moving on to Dead Space 2 on the hardest difficulty. I'm already to the 6th level, which is disapointing because I thought it would last longer. Also, hard mode is where it's at. You aren't truly scared unless you know you'll die in one hit.

Water temple? :wink_face:

Feb 6, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #1,343 of 6,977

Quote:
Quote:

Water temple?
wink_face.gif

exactly.

to quote Urban Dictionary

Quote:
Considered by many to be the equivalent to a complete rectal examination. 

The Water Temple from Zelda 64, which has to be the hardest, most difficult level known to man. Ever. Filled with traps, mazes, puzzles, illusions, and who knows how many times you have to raise and lower the water level. 

Every gamer I have spoken with has only rude, vulgar things to say about the Water Temple - and many stories of trial and error - using the wrong keys on the wrong doors, saving and screwing up in the wrong places, forgetting which rooms were which... it's a hellhole. 

It is also used outside of the gaming world to describe a problem that is virtually impossible to solve. 

The only thing I don't get is why they put the hardest level in the middle of the game.
I spent four f*cking hours in the Water Temple and I still have no idea where the f*ck I'm going. 

--- 

Tom: Dude! I can't figure this out! We are seriously f*cked! 
Mike: This is worse than the Water Temple!

Feb 6, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #1,344 of 6,977

Quote:
exactly.

to quote Urban Dictionary

Quote:
Considered by many to be the equivalent to a complete rectal examination. 

The Water Temple from Zelda 64, which has to be the hardest, most difficult level known to man. Ever. Filled with traps, mazes, puzzles, illusions, and who knows how many times you have to raise and lower the water level. 

Every gamer I have spoken with has only rude, vulgar things to say about the Water Temple - and many stories of trial and error - using the wrong keys on the wrong doors, saving and screwing up in the wrong places, forgetting which rooms were which... it's a hellhole. 

It is also used outside of the gaming world to describe a problem that is virtually impossible to solve. 

The only thing I don't get is why they put the hardest level in the middle of the game.
I spent four f*cking hours in the Water Temple and I still have no idea where the f*ck I'm going. 

--- 

Tom: Dude! I can't figure this out! We are seriously f*cked! 
Mike: This is worse than the Water Temple!

I agree completely with the urban dictionary definition
tongue.gif
, although it wasn't my biggest obstacle in that game personally.

Ocarina is still my favorite game of all time, and I played it so many times that still to this day I know every dungeon by heart and can still complete the whole game in 10 hours or so (depending on how fast I decide to do things).

Feb 6, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #1,345 of 6,977
WarZone 2100, Ubuntu Ten-Ten, from Ubuntu Tweaks repos: 7/10, the only gripe (and a big one) is that you can't access the map area by clicking on the area (RA2 does that). So you better have your troops numbered because when your freaking sensor hiding behind rocks is being attacked by trikes and you don't have it numbered, the only way to get there is the arrow keys and they are slow. Also you'd think that you'll have many choices regarding Designs, but no. It all comes down to the same thing and some wacky designs are just downright impractical.
Just not in a good mood is all. This is the only game right now (that natively supports Ubuntu Linux) that comes close to Generals. Wasn't it fun to have Pathfinders sniping Hajis? Oh come on tell me the Middle East missions are not a mirror of Iraqi Freedom.

Feb 6, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #1,346 of 6,977
Right now I'm playing a SSRPG called The Spirit Engine 2. It's proving to be interesting, a different take on RPGs, with 9 different characters to choose from at the beginning of the game, each having a different story development, as well as different stats and abilities. It recently became freeware, so it's easy to obtain.

Another game I'm playing, and on a very different spirit, is Super Meat Boy. A very solid platformer with a quite nice soundtrack, but unfortunately it makes just about anyone who plays it to quit in pure outrage
wink.gif

Both are nice games and while each has a very different pace, I do recommend them.

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #1,348 of 6,977
Fallout New Vegas, 2/10 it would be WAY WAY WAY better if I coudl go five minuts with out a serious bug, this time everyone in the world is trying  to kill me..............everybody.

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #1,349 of 6,977
Just started playing Zombie Trailer Park on my Touch 4G last night.....before I knew it, two hours had gone by! Great fun....at this point I'd have to say 9/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back