Rate the video games you're currently playing
Nov 16, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #736 of 6,937
Dirt 2 on PS3 - 9/10

Nov 17, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #737 of 6,937
Borderlands 8/10

lvl0-23 I was addicted, then it got repetative and difficult very fast (Maybe I just have crappy guns)

Nov 17, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #738 of 6,937
PC)Fallout 3 when it came out, 9.5 Best game ive played since ages. ALways been a Fallout fan
PC)Fear2 2 months ago; 9- Though i hated the part at the very end with the illusions of you squad mate attacking.
PSP)Crysis Core: Final Fantasy VII; 8 Far from completed

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #739 of 6,937
Just finished Dragon Age.

And hot damn! This is fantastic RPG! Great story, great dialog, great characters, epic atmosphere, on par with Baldurs Gate II in many levels. Oh, and great ending too. This is a game NWN2 SHOULD have been. Only problem was that the combat tended to get bit tiring as there is a LOT of it. (though it is bit understandable as this game revolves around war) But thankfully they are quite manageable Dragon Age, where in BGII you need to build a lot of strategies after strategies even on low difficulty levels which is bit pain. But still there was a bit too much of endless fighting. Also while you have an illusion of big world, areas you actually wander in are quite small. Both of this factors together drop the point by 1 IMO.

Final score 9/10. If this game doesnt mark a revival of fantasy RPGs, I dont know what game does.

My character was a city-elf Warrior/Templar/Champion, goody-two-shoes to the core. I think I will replay this game with more neutral rogue based character now (and carry my dog along more often this time) before digging in to Tales Of Vesperia.

*edit* Oh yeah, another thing that frustrated me through the game. You can take only 3 characters to accompany you. This severely limited what kind of character combinations and tactics you can make. 4 would have been so much nicer. I hope modding would improve this someday.

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #741 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PC)Fallout 3 when it came out, 9.5 Best game ive played since ages. ALways been a Fallout fan
PC)Fear2 2 months ago; 9- Though i hated the part at the very end with the illusions of you squad mate attacking.
PSP)Crysis Core: Final Fantasy VII; 8 Far from completed

Stitch if you enjoyed Fear 2 make sure you played the original. Forget about the expansions there is only one half decent. I loved the combat in that one even though it wasn´t as scary as I hoped
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #743 of 6,937
Havent tried teh original yet. F2 had more than a handfull of moments that were downright spooky. A shame there are so few games that have such a great atmosphere.
Definitely going to play F1, prolly my next game.

I bought Machinarium through steam last month. Completely made in flash. Funny mechanical puzzle game. Low price with some tricky puzzles. Would rate it a 8

Nov 18, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #746 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just finished Dragon Age.

And hot damn! This is fantastic RPG! Great story, great dialog, great characters, epic atmosphere, on par with Baldurs Gate II in many levels. Oh, and great ending too. This is a game NWN2 SHOULD have been. Only problem was that the combat tended to get bit tiring as there is a LOT of it. (though it is bit understandable as this game revolves around war) But thankfully they are quite manageable Dragon Age, where in BGII you need to build a lot of strategies after strategies even on low difficulty levels which is bit pain. But still there was a bit too much of endless fighting. Also while you have an illusion of big world, areas you actually wander in are quite small. Both of this factors together drop the point by 1 IMO.

Final score 9/10. If this game doesnt mark a revival of fantasy RPGs, I dont know what game does.

My character was a city-elf Warrior/Templar/Champion, goody-two-shoes to the core. I think I will replay this game with more neutral rogue based character now (and carry my dog along more often this time) before digging in to Tales Of Vesperia.

*edit* Oh yeah, another thing that frustrated me through the game. You can take only 3 characters to accompany you. This severely limited what kind of character combinations and tactics you can make. 4 would have been so much nicer. I hope modding would improve this someday.

Biggest Issue with Dragon Age ATM is that Blood Dragon Armor that comes with the game is by far the best heavy armor you can get. Annoyed that after I bested a Big Bad Ass dragon the armor I made from it's scales was better for armor rating but the bonus made the Blood Dragon Armor better. Or the Armor from the Elf quest that took beating some mighty hard semi-bosses has the same armor rating but lame bonus. Also I Love Shale but seriously Shale is le broken. Shale + Blood Dragon Armor = the broken (not that he can wear it I am just saying this character + this armor make the game a bit broken)

Nov 18, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #747 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forza 3: 9.5/10

The thing that's really aggravating me about Forza now that I've played it for a while is that some of the cars are ridiculously priced. 20mil for a Ferrari and you'll be lucky to make 100K in an hour. So much for planning to try all the cars :p

Nov 18, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #748 of 6,937
Left 4 Dead 2: 8/10

Gameplay is solid, and the extra guns were awesome, but "scavenger hunt" stuff is a bit annoying, and seems almost all the levels have a "press this to proceed and run here to press that to not die" sequence as well. Fun, and mindless, but a bit more mindless than the first, and that to me sort of hurt it.

Nov 18, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #749 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Biggest Issue with Dragon Age ATM is that Blood Dragon Armor that comes with the game is by far the best heavy armor you can get. Annoyed that after I bested a Big Bad Ass dragon the armor I made from it's scales was better for armor rating but the bonus made the Blood Dragon Armor better. Or the Armor from the Elf quest that took beating some mighty hard semi-bosses has the same armor rating but lame bonus. Also I Love Shale but seriously Shale is le broken. Shale + Blood Dragon Armor = the broken (not that he can wear it I am just saying this character + this armor make the game a bit broken)

Being OP in a single player game is totally acceptable. But calling it broken is not.

There is only one game that could qualify as that, that I know of. Lost Planet

It was so bad we made jokes:

Wayne only gets into a VS because he can carry two vs guns and not just one. (in game wayne is tougher than the Vs's and can haul around one of the guns that are mounted on the vs system which is sort of like a mech)

Nov 18, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #750 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought the Blood Dragon seemed a bit weak and doesn't look that great, you should check out the Juggernaut set.. seems much better to me at least for tanking, looks awesome too.
wink.gif

edit, nevermind this is probably the one you are talking about from the elf area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back