Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jul 6, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #6,106 of 6,939
Hollow Knight (N Switch): 9.5/10
The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild: 10/10 ... In "Master Mode".

I just picked up Hollow Knight since it was on sale and I read that it was a fantastic game.

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #6,107 of 6,939
Sekiro: Shadows die twice. Not played too much, in terms of progression. However played 21 hours.

Honestly folks at this point, 5/10.

Brutal doesn't even begin to describe it. You kill about five or eight easier enemies, with a much tougher enemy thrown in. Then you get a mini-boss. Mini they call it when it's two hit kill. One hit if your health isn't all but full. Everywhere is like that. Once you take out the mini-bosses, they don't come back, meaning you press on. Then there will be two tough enemies to get past.

There's so much about it that I hate too. (While really not much to be overwhelmed about, or even like.) Like skills trees: you can't seven see ahead in a path of a skill tree. Meaning you can't decide which route to take, because you don't know what's coming. You just guess, and hope for the best. Skills are vaguely related though, so there's a chance of continuity. In a game of brutality though, I don't want anything vague.

Considering a score of 5/10, then it means I am sort of enjoying combat between mini-bosses. Sekiro should one of three ways for me. I end up liking it. I continue to crawl through it by clawing on with fingernails. Or I just give up.

I honestly regret giving FromSoft £40 of my money. I only risked it because Dark Sols 3 was one of my favourite games. Plus reviews of Sekiro are highly rated.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #6,108 of 6,939
a mate has this game, i personally havent played it, but have watched him play it... it didnt grab me at all.... not sure how it got all the high rated reviews to be honest...

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #6,109 of 6,939
I for example enjoy Sekiro a lot. Perhaps I'm a bit biased and into everything FromSoftware. But how they changed this one in comparison to i.e. Bloodborne does the job for me, I hated Sekiro's fighting mechanic early on, but after significant learning curve and countless deaths, now the new combat system it's very rewarding to me.

Bloodborne stil is on the first place, though.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jul 9, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #6,110 of 6,939
a mate has this game, i personally havent played it, but have watched him play it... it didnt grab me at all.... not sure how it got all the high rated reviews to be honest...

I for example enjoy Sekiro a lot. Perhaps I'm a bit biased and into everything FromSoftware. But how they changed this one in comparison to i.e. Bloodborne does the job for me, I hated Sekiro's fighting mechanic early on, but after significant learning curve and countless deaths, now the new combat system it's very rewarding to me.

Bloodborne stil is on the first place, though.

With 23 hours in Sekiro, I think I am making headway a bit with combat. Althoughthat might be because regular grunts are easier due to damage upgrade. However taking out the big drunken mini-boss was a relief. That gave me a slight sense of am I making progress. It was because I didn't take him head on. I found a way to tease his allies to fight and got them all, then did one backstab. the rest had to be done manually, because you can't get two backstabs. That manual fight was as close as it gets without resurrection. I had practically zero life left when he went down.

Anyway after him I went through that building and took out a couple more grunts, then went down a hole. That was forward into what looks like another boss. I shut the game down, because it was the same thing again: five to ten enemies followed by a boss. I haven't quit, I am just a bit sick of it.

Sekiro on the other hand does represent thinking out a solution. I had to devise a plan to get the drunkard boss. That can be thought of as interesting, and I think I like that. The other side of that though is how unfair it is. Two hits from these mini-bosses, and it's over, while its tons of hits to kill them. It's like my sword is cack-blunt or something. (Sharpen it already. I have about 3000 coin. I wanna sharpen it. Buy a grinder or whatever.) … Yeah I know that's the point of bosses, but really so many of them. Sekiro would be better with less mini-bosses, more varied grunt-enemies, and more set. Rather than so many bosses, that they don't have to create much world.

Anyway I am gonna shut-up, coz I haven't finished it yet, and it's not my equivocal opinion. I might totally change my mind. It's going to be a long game though. 23 hours and only done one proper boss, and six mini-bosses. Am progressing at a crawl.

By the way, it's probably worth mentioning that Dark Souls 3 is one of only six games, in my Steam favourites. I have tons of games on Steam. I am also a bit of a FromSoft fan too; somewhat.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #6,111 of 6,939
With 23 hours in Sekiro, I think I am making headway a bit with combat. Althoughthat might be because regular grunts are easier due to damage upgrade. However taking out the big drunken mini-boss was a relief. That gave me a slight sense of am I making progress. It was because I didn't take him head on. I found a way to tease his allies to fight and got them all, then did one backstab. the rest had to be done manually, because you can't get two backstabs. That manual fight was as close as it gets without resurrection. I had practically zero life left when he went down.

Anyway after him I went through that building and took out a couple more grunts, then went down a hole. That was forward into what looks like another boss. I shut the game down, because it was the same thing again: five to ten enemies followed by a boss. I haven't quit, I am just a bit sick of it.

Sekiro on the other hand does represent thinking out a solution. I had to devise a plan to get the drunkard boss. That can be thought of as interesting, and I think I like that. The other side of that though is how unfair it is. Two hits from these mini-bosses, and it's over, while its tons of hits to kill them. It's like my sword is cack-blunt or something. (Sharpen it already. I have about 3000 coin. I wanna sharpen it. Buy a grinder or whatever.) … Yeah I know that's the point of bosses, but really so many of them. Sekiro would be better with less mini-bosses, more varied grunt-enemies, and more set. Rather than so many bosses, that they don't have to create much world.

Anyway I am gonna shut-up, coz I haven't finished it yet, and it's not my equivocal opinion. I might totally change my mind. It's going to be a long game though. 23 hours and only done one proper boss, and six mini-bosses. Am progressing at a crawl.

By the way, it's probably worth mentioning that Dark Souls 3 is one of only six games, in my Steam favourites. I have tons of games on Steam. I am also a bit of a FromSoft fan too; somewhat.

Just to warn you, the upcoming boss is going to be a big test. It was a huge roadblock for me, but personally, I felt that the game clicked with me after this upcoming boss, and I really enjoyed it all the way through.
If you get stuck here, know that the area you are in is optional, and you can return in the future when you have more health & damage upgrades. This boss is also harder than a couple of the bosses you'll encounter next on the main path, and I found myself cruising through them in comparison.
Also, it really helps to grind a bit and unlock more skills. Look up the skill trees on the wiki and plan ahead.
Good luck and have fun!

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #6,112 of 6,939
Just to warn you, the upcoming boss is going to be a big test. It was a huge roadblock for me, but personally, I felt that the game clicked with me after this upcoming boss, and I really enjoyed it all the way through.
If you get stuck here, know that the area you are in is optional, and you can return in the future when you have more health & damage upgrades. This boss is also harder than a couple of the bosses you'll encounter next on the main path, and I found myself cruising through them in comparison.
Also, it really helps to grind a bit and unlock more skills. Look up the skill trees on the wiki and plan ahead.
Good luck and have fun!

Yeah that was a hard fight: I just beat her tonight. Took me very many attempts, and I think up to two hours.

By the way everyone, I should also note that I did an action in Sekiro that makes it harder. There is a bell that can be rung, and I thought ringing it again cancelled the effect. Anyway today I found out how to cancel the effect. .. Meaning I had been playing Sekiro in beast most. I will play some more before I try to figure out exactly how hard it is. However to me at the moment, it's still a vey brutal game. Just not quite as brutal as before.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #6,113 of 6,939
one backstab

Yup, many bosses can be backstabbed and it always makes things this much easier. Even one health globe gone due to backstabbing makes a big difference. Sekiro rewards silent playstyle far more than any other soulsborne game and I'm glad this mechanic is this important in FromSoftware's latest.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jul 26, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #6,115 of 6,939
Rage 2 is better than you might think. From what I understand, quite a few of its negative reviews were from bugs, many of which have been fixed.

I am playing on 'nightmare' difficulty. Yep it's hard, or until you get upgraded according to folk.

I still give it easy 8/10, and maybe more. Hard to rate fully yet because have not played too much. (Maybe 8.3/10, but it suits my playstyle, so YMMV.) After kills I sometimes get the word 'beautiful' rolls across my mind. It's not that Rage 2 is a work of art or masterpiece or anything like that. It's just the feeling of that kill. While the combat is praised, the feeling is something else. It's more like 'ohhh nice'.

Also I noticed that while the wasteland is kind of empty yeah, and that gets mentioned negatively. I don't find that even a slight issue, because it feels right for the setting.

In fact a lot of things that we see folk raise about Rage 2, are not even true. Like some folk say the vehicle feels light and drives poorly. However it drives like it weighs a ton, and it's meant to. It will drive through just about any object, besides buildings. Whereas i saw one criticism saying that it will stop dead for a tiny object. Not the case.

Am starting to think some folk have just spent time thinking of things to criticise which are not true. While overall I can see maybe why some folk would not like Rage 2, whereas it's my thing.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #6,117 of 6,939
STILL playing Final Fantasy 14. I've just recently cleared Stormblood, and am now making my way through the post-game of that.

I have to say, the last two expansions have made much better use of the player's time than the base game. Dialogue is still a little wordy, but it's more interesting. Between the two expansions I've beaten, I think I like Heavensward a little better, but Stormblood was a little more upbeat compared to the endlessly dour tone of Heavensward.

The stop-and-go pace of the story is a little annoying, particularly with regard to the story dungeons and trials. I play overnight, when queues don't pop, so I basically have to stop playing until evening time the next day to progress through the story if I hit a dungeon.

Still, I'm enjoying the game very much. A solid 9/10 at this point.

Aug 1, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #6,118 of 6,939
Skyrim VR 10/10

Truly is the way it was meant to be played.

I am using gamepad though. Bethesdas has weird ideas of control Scheme in vr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back