1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rate the video games you're currently playing

Discussion in 'Video Games Discussion' started by highflyin9, Oct 5, 2005.
First

Back
399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408
410 411
Next

Last
  1. GreenBow
    Am looking forward to NA. Hope it's as good as they say. Sometimes I buy games that are revered and people go mad about, and then I hate them. Like Metal Gear Solid 5, or Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. (Only played a few hours each of those, because I could not tolerate any more of either.)

2. JR1911
    For me N:A ended up being better than I had expected, it really was a unique experience. The only reason I didn't give it a 10/10 was that there were a few slightly annoying mechanics in the game and since I decided to go for the platinum trophy legit instead of using the trophy shop, grinding for all the materials needed for the pod upgrades got a bit boring.

Just try to avoid any spoilers and I believe you'll have a great time with the game. Also be sure to do all endings A-E. Doing only one playthrough really reveals only a fraction of the story.

3. GreenBow
    Yeah I bought NA during the Summer Sale. Not got to NA yet, because I played Sekiro, (or rather most of it), and I played RAGE 2.

I don't have a controller, so I will be going kb+m warrior style, haha.

4. F700
    Suikoden II on PS1. One of the most underrated RPG. 9/10.

5. RandomGuy
    Mario Odyssey on Switch. Dunno why I haven't tried playing it until now but I'm really enjoying it! 10/10

6. mmmadog
    Far cry 4 has me hooked right now and I just downloaded Far cry 5. Fun game and they are both on sale at uplay

7. oqvist
    Skyrim VR. Most immersive and best rpg of all time

8. GreenBow
    Talking of Skyrim, I recently came across Enderal: Forgotten Stories. A free game, and mod on Steam, said to be better than Skyrim.

9. edoin
    Witcher 3 on PC 11/10

10. SilverEars
    Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - (8.8/10)

From the maker of Castlevania: Symphony of the night. Still a side-scrolling action game from the 2d era with updated graphs to 2.5d utilizing polygons instead of sprites. It's got the old school side scrolling feel with roleplaying elements such as being able to obtain various items to change equipments such as protective outfits, artifacts, weapons, etc.. in addition to dispensible items such as potions, mana, etc.. So, it's like Diablo in a side-scrolling sense. From what I've read, the genre of this type is catagorized as Metroidvania, which I whole-heartedly agree with. Which is based on Metroid and Castlevania series having similarities in map design, and being able to upgrades items, etc.. Since it's a type of games I've grown up with, I really do like the games in the Castlevaia franschise, although Koki Igarashi (the designer of highly acclaimed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) is no longer associated with Konami, and therefore can no longer use the Castlevania titles in his games. But, this game is essentially Castlevania.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroidvania

In terms of graphics, it's not anything evolutionary or high quality compared to the modern games out there. Even when they show the close-up of the characters, the low quality of polygon render really shows. From a distance though, the game looks pretty good. For these type of games it's mainly about the gameplay, so it does excel in that department.

I would highly recommend this game. I know it's another Castlevania like game that seem repetitive in formula, but for some reason it doesn't seem to get tiring.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  11. Orcworm
    I've been hooked on FF14 for a few months now - I didn't think an MMO could compete with WoW in terms of end-game raiding content, but so far I've been really impressed.

I wish they'd take a look at refreshing or redesigning earlier content though - it's an absolute slog to get through the first ~50 levels with the amount of old quests that lock you out of the expansions.

12. Kukuk
    Looking back at the quests between the base game and Heavensward, it's probably the least fun I've ever had playing a game. The time spent felt like an expansion in and of itself, but without anything interesting added.

Once you hit Heavensward, its smooth sailing from then on out. Even the quests between each expansion are fantastic.

Orcworm likes this.
  13. Kukuk
    Speaking of FF14, I just beat Shadowbringers. Man, what a a thrill ride! This game has been on a fantastic upward swing, and I'm really excited to see where it's going to go next.

With this expansion they've moved away from some of the dry politics of the previous game and expansions, and devoted pretty much the entire thing to new ideas and plot threads. Gameplay, while mostly unchanged, brings some nice features, like the Trust system, which lets you run dungeons with AI companions. This dramatically cuts down on the stop-and-go pacing, and lets you repeat dungeons for loot, without having to fight for drops.

At this point it's become a 10/10 experience to me. It's going to be hard to top Shadowbringers, but I have no doubt they can do it.

As an aside, this mount is oddly cute. It reminds me of picking up a kitten (or bunny!) by the scruff of the neck and carrying them around. Your character just goes limp as it carries you.
    [​IMG]

14. NZtechfreak
    Fire Emblem Fates Three Houses. 9/10, one point docked for being too easy even on hard/classic - once lunatic difficulty is released will be better.

15. knivek
    Been playing Elder Scrolls Online for almost 2 years now.. been thinking of getting back into WoW Classic but the anxiety of not knowing what class to play and not having a dungeon group to farm with really makes me say no.

First

Back
399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408
410 411
Next

Last