Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jun 4, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #6,091 of 6,926
Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch - 9/10
Smash Ultimate is really the ultimate game in the Super Smash Bros. series. Too many characters at times but great for group play

Jun 4, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #6,092 of 6,926
Resident Evil 2.

While I got into liking playing RE2 somewhat, it was disappointing. Am completely dismayed at its reception, although I am not the only one. Puzzle, oh yeah, puzzle, another puzzle, more puzzles, a puzzle, puzzle(?), another puzzle, puzzles, ah I see. It's a puzzler game, with a few zombies thrown in to make it seem like a survival horror.

4.5/10

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #6,098 of 6,926
Horizon Zero Dawn: 8/10
I'm about half-way through, really enjoying it so far. My girlfriend has a PS4 so I'm finally get to play the few exclusives that I was able to play being on PC/XB.

If you're only about halfway through then it gets better - Personally I'd rate HZD as a 10/10, although some may disagree with me.

Jun 28, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #6,099 of 6,926
Dota 2
9/10. I am sure everyone who played dota2 at least once can say this game is awesome
I also used to play Crazy Road, a tricky racing game, you’re going to put on the role of a truck driver who ends up a hostage of a road situation. I downloaded it here and now it's one of my favorite racing games

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #6,101 of 6,926
7.5/10
Finally, had some time to play Sekiro. I'm a big Souls fan but I'm just not really feeling it. The new environment and overall aesthetics give a fresh feeling for a while but then it kinda gets old too fast. The art design is nowhere near as inspiring as any of the Souls games

The stealth mechanics are lackluster and could have been much more polished. As it stands you just kill one guy then run away and hide, wait for them to forget about you and repeat. The verticality and freedom of movement actually make the game quite easier than the Souls game as you can completely avoid fighting most enemies.

The fighting mechanics are entertaining but it kinda feels like a brawler with quicktime events as the unblockable attacks are essentially the same thing. In the beginning it can be a bit jarring to get the hang of it but once you get used to the different attacks and learn when to use a jump or mikiri counter it gets much easier. You just have to stop playing the game as a Souls game as it's nothing like one. The hitboxes are ridiculous. the iframes are almost non-existent, the enemies' attacks are tracking your movements, so you can't just dodge them. You need to learn the new mechanics and stick to them. I did die a lot, many many times, but still nothing like while trying to git gud at Demon's Souls.

The sculptor's idols are also quite generously spread around most times having one right before the boss, which allows you to focus on beating it right away instead of being forced to go through numerous locations and enemies again and again like with the Souls games.

I can see why there's no PvP though, as the fighting mechanics will just lead to several-hour long fights just waiting for your opponent to make a mistake or just completely obliterating players who don't have the hang of the game.

It's an entertaining game overall but it lacks the scale and imagination of the Souls series.
Wow.

You gave a phenomenal description of it I feel.
I think you also explained to me why I have been dying so dang much and I never knew why until now. I really want to play it like a dark souls game but it just doesn’t have the same feeling as the other games.

It seems to pigeon hole you into playing it a certain way to win and that way for me isn’t completely fun...

Great review man
Resident Evil 2.

While I got into liking playing RE2 somewhat, it was disappointing. Am completely dismayed at its reception, although I am not the only one. Puzzle, oh yeah, puzzle, another puzzle, more puzzles, a puzzle, puzzle(?), another puzzle, puzzles, ah I see. It's a puzzler game, with a few zombies thrown in to make it seem like a survival horror.

4.5/10
Are you playing the new remake or the old one?
It Lurks Below - 10/10. This is the Terraria alike game made by a guy who made Diablo. Crazy good.
This for console or pc only?

I’m currently playing Uncharted 4 for the first time and I think about half way done?

After playing this game I think that Naughty Dog may be the best game publisher out there right now.

This game is not a 10/10 for me for random reasons. But when it comes to level design they are crazy good imo, and that’s where my kudos come from. I think adding story into the mix I would so far give this game an 8/10. If story was more on point then I would probably go 9 to 10/10

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #6,104 of 6,926
Sega Ages Virtua Racer on my Switch. Best $8 I’ve spent in a long while. 9/10

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #6,105 of 6,926
This game is not a 10/10 for me for random reasons. But when it comes to level design they are crazy good imo, and that’s where my kudos come from. I think adding story into the mix I would so far give this game an 8/10. If story was more on point then I would probably go 9 to 10/10

It's fair what you wrote. To me It Lurks Below to me is a great example of how much can be achieved via very simple measures and that's what I appreciate above everything else. So simple gameplay but so enjoyably rewarding. I keep my fingers crossed it'll be constantly updated!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en

Users who are viewing this thread

Back