Rate the video games you're currently playing
Oct 2, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #5,551 of 6,937
Wow, you think Witcher 3 was awful? It took me awhile to get into the controls and the game, but it ended up being one of the greatest games that I've played.

Might want to consider giving it more time.

Oct 2, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #5,552 of 6,937
Wow, you think Witcher 3 was awful? It took me awhile to get into the controls and the game, but it ended up being one of the greatest games that I've played.

Might want to consider giving it more time.

Have to agree with this. TW3 was one of my all time favourites. Everyone has different taste though.

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #5,553 of 6,937

It really is and I don't know why either - it's very good, though, completely different from other Metal Gear games but still. It's also a really hard game mechanically especially if played at proper difficulty, at least with keyboard & mouse since the control compatibility is funky. Last boss fight took me like 12 hours to beat on the highest difficulty because the combos were ridiculously hard to execute.

I started playing it on easy but after defeating monsoon I Started all over again in normal.
In easy its a bit too simple and you can get away with too much. So far normal also seems easy (except the sewer heavy UGs), but Im still at the stage where you control a small orb, so there is much more to go before I decide if I want to go hard mode.

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #5,554 of 6,937
1. Overwatch: 9/10 
Never in all my battlefield years have a played a game that has Rock/Paper/Scissors combined so well with fun.  I still get really frustrated about some of the ridiculousness though.

2. Arma 3 7/10
This game is incredible to play with friends.  The mods give it almost endless replay ability.  I love the custom missions and crazy servers but often dont find I want to commit the time to really enjoy it.  Like it almost feels like you need to commit a couple hours to enjoy a good arma game.

Honorable mentions:

Battlefield 1:
Super stoked!  Can't wait to see how the single player is.  Trying my hardest to resist pre ordering.

Star Citizen:
Citizen Con is this week so I am looking forward to seeing more news about the upcoming modules!

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #5,555 of 6,937

2. Arma 3 7/10
This game is incredible to play with friends.  The mods give it almost endless replay ability.  I love the custom missions and crazy servers but often dont find I want to commit the time to really enjoy it.  Like it almost feels like you need to commit a couple hours to enjoy a good arma game.

Yep, its predecessors are the same way.  Not at all casual, but some of the absolute best and most fun shooters if you get into them either with friends or just making your own missions (although co-op with intelligent friends is still the best).  ArmA 3 is the only military themed shooter I still play, everything else is like a tiny portion of it but worse.

For those who don't want a modern or somewhat futuristic setting, believe it or not WWII ArmA exists.  It is called Iron Front: Liberation 1944.  I used to play it, it was actually quite buggy but might be fixed these days.  Still I don't have it installed as I'd rather just play in a modern/semi-futuristic setting.

Also I imported basically all of ArmA 2's content (including Operation Arrowhead) and ArmA 1's maps to my ArmA 3 installation.  So awesome that you can do this.  Now my ArmA 3 is like so many games combined into one.  No shooter has anywhere near as much content as just one ArmA game, let alone three.

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #5,557 of 6,937
  I bought Arma 2 and have the bug where it runs between about 21 and 25 frames per second. (Using a GTX 980.) Am really wary about Arma3 now, and have not even tried to buy it.

Are you using V-Sync?  V-Sync is essentially broken in all of the previous ArmA games and was broken in ArmA 3 for a while.  Not sure how it is these days, since I use G-SYNC in games with such varying frame rates.

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #5,558 of 6,937
Agree about Arma 3. Its not a jump in and out type of game. But when involved, its deep and more convincing than the more cartoonish military shooters. 

Oct 7, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #5,561 of 6,937
Anyone here play the uncharted series?

I've played and finished all 4.
Part 2 is one of the best games ever made IMO and up there with Fallout 3, Dishonored and Half Life 2.
Part 2 was so good I must have finished it more than a dozen times and even on Crushing mode. I'm not a very skilled gamer and I rarely try the hardest difficulties.

Part 4 is the second best, but it's too slow to start and the aiming seems much worse in comparison to 2.
I've had about zero interest in replaying it again. Same with part 3.

BTW not sure if anyone cares, but I found Uncharted 4 to be the hardest of them all. I died more on normal than on "Crushing" on Uncharted 2.
There is one section towards the end that took me maybe close to 8 tries just to finish.

The enemies seem to be a lot smarter in this game too.

Oct 8, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #5,562 of 6,937

Part 2 is one of the best games ever made IMO and up there with Fallout 3, Dishonored and Half Life 2.
Part 2 was so good I must have finished it more than a dozen times and even on Crushing mode. I'm not a very skilled gamer and I rarely try the hardest difficulties.

Don't want to be misleading though.  All four Uncharted games are meant to be more movies than games, unlike the three excellent games you mentioned there which are far more interactive and have far more logical gameplay than any Uncharted game.

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #5,563 of 6,937
Got around to installing and playing witcher 3. Difficulty seems quite a lot lower than witcher 2, but the game is fun regardless of the lack of challenge.

Also, it's gorgeous.

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #5,564 of 6,937
Dark Soul 2 - 5/10

What a major disappointment! Found this terrible from the very start. This is coming from someone who has played through DS1 about 6 times and would rate a 10/10.
How on earth is it that they gave this one such lousy controls?
Compared to Dark Souls 1 I feel as if i'm always moving in slow-mo.
I get hit one time with shield up and have to recover, but it takes me like an eternity and I usually get killed. Even worse when I get knocked down.
I can't even kill one enemy with a 1-handed weapon without running out of stamina (I know my stats are too low).
To make things worse, the crap weapon they gave me at the start broke already. Right now i'm using the Bast_ard sword.

Shields now seem to be a total waste. Maybe they're not? I was watching videos of this game and using magic seems so overpowered.

I was sitting there fighting the first level giant and hitting his legs and I try to roll out of the way and...nothing. It's as if i'm stunned and can't roll and get nearly 1-shotted.
Even when I move out of the way it feels so laggy. Maybe i've been playing Bloodborne too much!

Yes, I found this 10x harder so far than Dark Souls 1. Even harder than DS3.
I didn't score it so low because it's hard. I like hard games when they're at least fair.

Every single death felt cheap in this game so far. It's bad enough that nearly everything double or triple teams you and the targeting system is so screwy.
I think i'm only dying because of the very bad controls.

Nope, I don't have half health, but it seems I can't go 5 minutes without using a flask or lifegem (which I ran out of a very very long time ago).

I disliked Dark Souls 2 and 3, but loved Dark Souls 1...makes no sense.

I seriously cannot understand how someone could think this is easier than part 1 or Bloodborne. Maybe you were a mage character?
Maybe my character is just really screwed up. I picked "Warrior".

BTW I sold Witcher 3 and picked up Dragon Age: Inquistion. Pretty good deal for only $12.

Fable 2 - 10/10

Really missed playing this. Stupid easy game, but I loved it. One of my all time favorites just because how fun it is.
Fallout 3 is my favorite game of all time, but this is actually more fun to play IMO.
Maybe the old creator of it will somehow make Fable 4 despite Lionhead closing.

There's so many memorable funny parts in this game.
I remember one time I went and bought my in-game girlfriend a ring to propose to her (not a real life person!) and accidentally targeted the wrong woman who got the ring instead.
So for the next hour my girlfriend kept running away from me and wouldn't let me go near her because of how mad she was. I did my best to try to get her to like me again!

When we got married we moved into this huge mansion and she kept complaining too much about her terrible living conditions etc. The next day I moved her and the kids to a covered wagon
biggrin.gif

Fable 3 was really awful in every way. I was so glad when that was over with.

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #5,565 of 6,937

Don't want to be misleading though.  All four Uncharted games are meant to be more movies than games, unlike the three excellent games you mentioned there which are far more interactive and have far more logical gameplay than any Uncharted game.

I would have to disagree. Uncharted 2 is like a movie, but not one of those terrible old ones where you watch a movie and then press a button every few minutes.
I don't understand how these are considered less interactive. Tons of action sequences and shooting etc. Some might even think there is too much action!
Lots of slower parts in Part 4 though.

The one fault of the Uncharted series though is how you only get to keep one weapon at a time and there's no stats to upgrade etc.
I don't mind this at all.

Did you even play them all the way through?
normal_smile .gif

BTW one game that felt like a movie to me was Final Fantasy X. I was playing that game and felt like I was just watching people talk and then getting to press a button every 5 minutes.
I probably judged it too quickly, but that game was so painful for me.

I probably will not be able to endure the latest Final Fantasy game. It's bad enough all their characters now look like fashion models.

Of course I was obsessed with Final Fantasy XI for about forever. I only quit because they removed Xbox 360 support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back