Rate the video games you're currently playing
Sep 3, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #4,606 of 6,936
  Playing- Titan quest: Immortal throne. 9/10
Seven years ago i played the prequel and it was very addictive! 

I played this game for a long while but got a bit bored after I played with a friend (we played lan based multiplayer and after that single was not the same :D).

Still a very nice game with some decent replayability factor.

Sep 6, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #4,609 of 6,936
I'm playing Company of heroes 2:

10/10 best game ever.
oh wait, 9/10, nooby teammates
8/10, imbalance.
7/10, dlc, dlc aaaaand dlc.
6/10, bad performance.
5/10, it's not coh1.
4/10, those lobbies and chat, lol.
3/10, did I say imbalance?
2/10, is this a cartoon or a game about war.
1/10, those voice actors...
0/10, shock troops

Nah, just kidding, Company of Heroes 2 is one of the best RTSes out there.
biggrin.gif

I've played the original CoH since 2008 and you will never have a experience like it in another game.

Sep 6, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #4,610 of 6,936
I'm a big fan of those two as well. I never play online, just skirmishes with the AI. 

Sep 7, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #4,612 of 6,936
just finished final fantasy 10 hd on vita.

10/10.

I don't understand why it does'nt get enough love. the story was so good. characters had so much personality. Only games that have characters on par are black isle games (torment and NWN 2). gameplay was also very well thought out and not  button mashing at all. music and graphics were as expected from final fantasy games: top.

before this I have played only FF7 and FF12. not in one aspect, individually separated, or taken as a whole game, do I rate 7 over 10. only thing 7 had over 10 is iconic boss.

anyways right now am playing chrono trigger for first time. 2 hours in. amazing music so far. gameplay is also more strategic and not button mashing. lets see how it holds up.

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #4,613 of 6,936
  I'm not really a big fan of fighting against the AI, fighting against humans reveals the true tactical spirit of CoH.
biggrin.gif

You're probably pretty good then, I just get my butt kicked online 
tongue.gif

Sep 7, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #4,614 of 6,936
  just finished final fantasy 10 hd on vita.

10/10.

I don't understand why it does'nt get enough love. the story was so good. characters had so much personality. Only games that have characters on par are black isle games (torment and NWN 2). gameplay was also very well thought out and not  button mashing at all. music and graphics were as expected from final fantasy games: top.

before this I have played only FF7 and FF12. not in one aspect, individually separated, or taken as a whole game, do I rate 7 over 10. only thing 7 had over 10 is iconic boss.

anyways right now am playing chrono trigger for first time. 2 hours in. amazing music so far. gameplay is also more strategic and not button mashing. lets see how it holds up.

NWN 2 is Obsidian but I'm sure it had Black Isle members on board.  Its character development isn't in the same group as Planescape: Torment though.  Several Bioware games, Telltale games, and even Fallout: New Vegas exceed NWN 2 in this area by a fairly wide margin.

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #4,615 of 6,936
  I'm playing Company of heroes 2:

10/10 best game ever.
oh wait, 9/10, nooby teammates
8/10, imbalance.
7/10, dlc, dlc aaaaand dlc.
6/10, bad performance.
5/10, it's not coh1.
4/10, those lobbies and chat, lol.
3/10, did I say imbalance?
2/10, is this a cartoon or a game about war.
1/10, those voice actors...
0/10, shock troops

Nah, just kidding, Company of Heroes 2 is one of the best RTSes out there.
biggrin.gif

I've played the original CoH since 2008 and you will never have a experience like it in another game.

I'm not really a big fan of fighting against the AI, fighting against humans reveals the true tactical spirit of CoH.
biggrin.gif

Have you guys played Men of War? If you like CoH then you'll like MoW. Better physics, more realistic and much more strategy involved as you can direct control units.

Sep 8, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #4,616 of 6,936
Mmk Mighty Gunvolt review for the Nintendo 3DS:
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/3oqNzJVM4Sln_kRyFCXFXqda3IED2oDS

For $4 it's not too bad. It's a nice quick game to play outside of the 3DS's main library of games. There are 4 levels, 5 bosses, and 3 playable characters, each with their own skills and special abilities. It's directed by Inafune, so it has the classic Mega Man feel to it and of course, tight controls.

Just like the classic Mega Man games, dialogue is pretty much non-existent, and what little dialogue there is, it's some crappy translation.

^ lolwut?

It has some replay value since there are some collectible items to find and get a 100% completion, but it's not very hard. It's basically Mega Man controls and level design + Pacman fruits for points + Mighty No. 9's combo points multiplier.

Not bad, but I wish it was a bit longer. 4/5 overall.

Sep 8, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #4,617 of 6,936
And how I got Mighty Gunvolt was not by purchasing Azure Striker, but by being a backer of Mighty No. 9 on Kickstarter. I actually pledged at a tier that included getting beta access to the game, and it was recently announced at the Penny Arcade Expo that it would be available to beta-testing backers. I submitted my impressions and feedback for the Mighty No. 9 beta. If you're interested:
Hello,

First of all, I want to thank you for letting me participate in the beta testing phase. I'm not an active member of the Mighty No. 9 forums, so I appreciate you reaching out to your backers.

Secondly, I thoroughly enjoyed playing through this beta as a whole. I am definitely really excited to see how the final game turns out!

As for more specific feedback, I played the beta for a good 3 hours or so to see if there could be any places for improvement. My hardware of choice was a late 2012 15-inch MacBook Pro Retina Display (2.6 GHz Core i7 processor, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M) running Windows 8.1 with the latest NVIDIA graphics drivers via Boot Camp. I was running the beta on Ultra settings, but no anti-aliasing since it would lower the frame rate.

Good:
  • Graphics: It's not the most technical game, but there are a lot of options you can configure. The only things that looked weird to me were explosions and up-close 3D-rendered models (possibly because of the bump-mapping effects, such as on Mighty No. 5). There are some really cool pop-out effects too, which will probably look incredible on the 3DS version!
  • Art style: Although different from Mr. Inafune's more traditional 2D art style, I actually like the more 3D-rended ones presented here. Character models and the surrounding environments have a lot more detail than any other Mega Man game that I've played, so you can tell a lot of detail went into creating the concept art. The art does kind of remind me of Mega Man 8, but with a much more realistic colour palette and much more detailed.
  • Terrain and enemy diversity: Only 1 level was available to play in this beta test, but obstacles/terrains and enemies were fairly diverse. There were about 5-6 different enemies, which may seem like a low number, but the number is about right for a 2D action-platformer game.
  • Offensive tactics: An extremely fresh idea on "killing" enemies is used in this game. Shoot an enemy until it's stunned, absorb its "Xel". It's pretty fun, and especially when you can make combos out of them.
  • Power-ups: I really like the idea of having different, timed power-ups throughout the level. It adds another layer of tactics when playing the game.
  • Navigation around the room: In some rooms, more than one pathway could have been used to reach the end, and I really like that (the ability to pick which route you take).
  • Overall controls with USB XBox controller: For any action-platforming game, tight controls are an absolute must. All of the Mega Man games I've played were with a controller (whether it was a NES controller for Mega Man 2, a GameCube controller for the Mega Man Anniversary Collection, or a PlayStation 2 controller for Mega Man X7). Using a controller with Mighty No. 9 seemed very smooth, fluid, and natural to me.

Bad:
  • Overall controls with mouse/keyboard: Although I liked the controls while using a USB controller, using a mouse and keyboard with the Mighty No. 9 beta seems awkward for me. Maybe it's just me, but it felt very awkward to use and my hands got tired after playing it for about 45 minutes.
  • Character dialogue: Throughout the beta there was dialogue shown at the bottom of the screen between characters. Unfortunately my eyes are too focused on Beck and the enemies around me while trying to juggle between jumping between platforms, avoiding enemy shots and dangerous terrain, and trying to absorb enemies' Xel. I completely missed all of the dialogue except for the very beginning of the level and right before the boss battle.
  • Ledge grabbing and ladder controls: The concept of grabbing onto ledges is nice to have, but the controls are a bit awkward to use. I still press forward to go onto the ledge instead of up, which is the way it's configured as of right now. Likewise, I tend to press down to go down the ledge instead of jump, which is the way it's configured as of right now. For ladders, I tend to press jump to get to the bottom of the ladder quickly. While this does happen, I have to wait for Beck to climb down some of the ladder first before I can use the jump tactic and that takes some time.
  • Few invincibility frames: In the classic Mega Man games (1-6), if you got hit by an enemy and you fall off the platform into spikes, you got some time to recover from that (maybe half a second). In Mighty No. 9, it feels like you get less invincibility time. If you fall into spikes and you try to recover, you really can't (see below).
  • Enemies' blue aura: Sometimes the dark blue aura has poor contrast with the background, so I would dash into the enemy thinking it was stunned, and would instead take damage. This was especially problematic about half-way through the level when there were two sets of the long hanging enemies from the ceiling and spikes were right underneath them (I would shoot them and dash thinking they were stunned, and then I would fall into the spikes). Maybe a lighter-blue colour can be used?
  • Walking speed: Your movement speed is really slow unless you dash a lot; this might get a bit fatiguing to some people.
  • USB controller calibration: I could not figure out how this calibration process works without any proper instructions. I tried doing this process multiple times; most of the time the calibration didn't seem to work and only a few buttons on the controller would function properly during game play. Eventually I somehow got the controller to be fully-functional, but I'm not sure how I did it.
  • No customisable controls: The controls seem to be set for the keyboard/mouse and USB XBox controller. I didn't have any problems with the current USB XBox controller layout, but having customisable controls would be very nice to have, especially for the keyboard/mouse option.

Good/bad:
  • To get combos when absorbing Xel, you have to be extremely fast and you have to know when enemies appear, when they attack, and when to dash. While this is good for keeping the game challenging and rewarding, sometimes I run into enemies that recover from being stunned. Maybe a flashing animation can be added to indicate the enemy is about to become non-stunned.
  • Some animations: The character animations for Mighty No. 5 seemed a bit robotic to me, which might be a part of the character design, but I prefer a more fluid animation similar to how Beck's movements are.
  • Energy refills: Energy refills are good to have in the game since Beck seems to take a lot of damage quickly and there are no energy-refilling items dropped after you defeat enemies like in classic Mega Man games. However, once you die, the energy refills also disappear, which is different from how "E tanks" work in the classic Mega Man games from what I recall and it's a bit frustrating to me.

Bugs:
  • Ledge grabbing on boxes: At one point in the beta, there is a short corridor where wood boxes are stacked on metal ones (above the wood boxes is a ceiling). I found out that you can grab onto the wood boxes, which seems like a bug to me because there's a ceiling right above the box and you shouldn't be able to grab onto the box. In this same scene, you can run into the metal box on the bottom and when you try to jump, your animation will be cut short as if there was a box above your head (see attached screenshots).

• High-ceiling item robot dispenser: At one point in the beta, there is a spawn point at a high position (the spawn point right before the exploding container and "tractor" robot. If you die enough times and the item robot dispenser comes along, it will try to deposit items in front of you, but the robot is too high and I think the items get thrown into the ceiling instead, making those items unobtainable (see attached screenshot).
  • Display resolution: Since I'm running the beta on a MacBook Pro Retina Display, I recall seeing the native Retina Display resolution (2880x1800) within the resolution options. After playing the beta on a pico projector and adjusting the resolution a few times, I've noticed that I no longer have the option to play the game at the full native Retina Display resolution even under the full screen mode (see attached screenshot).
  • Controller calibration error message: I don't know what the message says, but if I do something wrong in the USB XBox controller calibration screen, an error in Japanese appears (see attached screenshot).
  • Audio settings non-adjustable: I'm not sure if this was intended, but the audio settings cannot be adjusted in the beta.

...I forgot to mention that they have a typo during the boss battle dialogue.

I actually uploaded an off-screen video of me playing the beta with an XBox controller.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQteJs6onLY[/video]

And I was going to try and use a screen capturing program to upload some better footage. I think I'll use Fraps to do this job since it looks pretty stunning on the Retina Display MacBook.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB1OAbV7WQ0[/video]

Sep 8, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #4,618 of 6,936
so many 10/10 :D.

Im now playing Warframe a bit since the new update. Since they added a story id give it a 8/10 :D.

Sep 9, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #4,620 of 6,936
Rising Storm (Red Orchestra 2)
Currently playing Rising Storm non-stop. I'd have to rate it 9.5/10. The gameplay is so damn good, so good. The gunplay among the best i've ever seen. Whilst it isn't overly realistic (still more than most), it has the most authentic feeling WW2 gunplay I've ever experienced. Guns FEEL like they are packing a serious punch but are wild and unweildy such as military technology was at the time. I feel like I'm holding a dangerous beast, that could just as easily be my worst enemy as it could my best friend....but that feeling when you learn to tame the beast and rain death upon the Nazi's from afar with an M1, watching the spray of blood as another head explodes and you chuckle devilishly. The battles feel large, like they are significant to the War itself, however, unlike many other large scale games, you can make a difference. You work for every inch, every room, every broken window, every pile of rubble, and they all matter. You push through a smoke grenade and mow down three soldiers in a room; that may have been the turning point in the battle. The maps are amazing as well....DDAY is the best experience ever, IWO Jima, the flamethrowers....JESUS the flamethrowers....the flames are HUGE and are amazing to see from across the battlefield.
TRIPWIRE....you did it again....
My only complaint is that balance can become an issue....but I'll only deduct 1/2 a point because this game is not for little children to pick up and go 41-3.....this is a game of strategy and skill that you can do OKAY at from the start.
9.5/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back