Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jul 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #3,691 of 6,937
Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me out. I was thinking of downloading call of duty modern warfare 3. The main reason I want to get it is for the online competing. But do a lot of people still play the online matches? Also if they do where would the best place to buy the game at be? I'm thinking of buying it on steam since it has a 25% off right now, but does the multiplayer work well?

Thanks!

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #3,692 of 6,937
Quote:
If you want some company on Animal Crossing let me know. I'm not really sure how the multiplayer works but I just got the game last week and I don't know anyone else who has it. 

friend codes!!! its in the DS settings somewhere heh.

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #3,693 of 6,937
Quote:
Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me out. I was thinking of downloading call of duty modern warfare 3. The main reason I want to get it is for the online competing. But do a lot of people still play the online matches? Also if they do where would the best place to buy the game at be? I'm thinking of buying it on steam since it has a 25% off right now, but does the multiplayer work well?

Thanks!

I played it a few months ago; the online was still active. BUT the problem is your facing off against people with absolutly every advantage and have become super players.

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #3,694 of 6,937
Quote:
I played it a few months ago; the online was still active. BUT the problem is your facing off against people with absolutly every advantage and have become super players.

Jup, same thing with Counterstrike.
Good luck, not getting a 0.1 K/D ratio.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #3,697 of 6,937
Steam?

Final Fantasy VII (this is my first time playing it after all of these years of hearing how great it is)
Sanctum 2
Counter Strike: Global Offensive (to be completely honest, I prefer the old buying/shop menu from Counter Strike: Source over GO, and I liked picking costumes before you start the game in Source; now I need to re-learn the weapon names too...I miss my Clarion)
Crysis bundle thingamabob (Crysis + Crysis Warhead + Crysis 2: Maximum Edition + multiplayer stuff I think)

Jul 23, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #3,698 of 6,937
Quote:
Anyone excited by Watch Dogs? Even from someone who mains Call of Duty, I'm highly anticipating this game

WOW!

Jul 24, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #3,700 of 6,937
Skyrim Dawnguard: 6/10. Pretty good overall, and adds some decent quests, but it's really just more of the same, and too few equipment additions.

Skyrim Dragonborn: 9/10. A worthy expansion to Skyrim. Lots of great new equipment, quests are good, and it was too freaking cool revisiting Solstheim.

Just Cause 2: 7/10. I'm enjoying it, but it hasn't really made itself a 'must play' for me yet. The world is big and beautiful, and the cars have a fun feel to them, but the combat is really difficult to me, and it's made all the more difficult by the grapple controls.

Can't wait to play Saints Row 4. August 20th can't come soon enough.
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #3,701 of 6,937
Bah...Counter Strike: Global Offensive's weapon/shopping system is so hard to get used to coming from Source.

• There aren't any silencers in this game, are there?
  • Do counter-terrorists always have a diffusing kit or something? I never buy it yet I always diffuse the bomb in 5 seconds
  • Does the Kevlar suit + helmet need to be bought? When I die and I don't buy anything, I always seem to have it.
  • Does the Kevlar suit and/or helmet even do anything?

^ 5% health and 100% armour? Me thinks armour and/or helmet is absolutely useless

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #3,702 of 6,937
All those CS questions are relative to the type of server you're playing on. Casual, competitive, other. It's going to change the answers to pretty much all of your questions.

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #3,703 of 6,937
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - 8/10

I think I've played through this at least 4 times. Hundreds of hours. Sometimes I wonder why.
I'm still rather stupid when it comes to some things about the game. I almost never do any of the side-quests.

The main storyline is really very dull and boring.
No real incentive to go through all the randomized camps/caves etc. I went through maybe 10 at low levels and got nothing good and I was still broke.
Yes, I did get all the best armor but it took awhile.
I hate the leveling system.
I hate having to travel to a million different areas to get spells.
None of the weapons are anything special.
No real variety when you go through all those oblivion gates.

I'm in the middle of this again and the graphics still impress me. I also love the music and just wandering around. Strangely I almost never use horses, but I do use my jeep a lot. Much faster.

Like Skyrim, once I max out my character there is really no incentive to play. Fallout 3 was totally opposite of that.

I tried to load up my old Skyrim character but got bored within 10 minutes.

You know what I want? A game that's as fun as Fable II but as complex and almost as difficult as Dark Souls. OK, Dark Souls isn't all that complex, but it has somewhat of a learning curve before you get good. Fable II is just stupid easy and part 3 is major dumbed down.

You know what game really confuses me? FFXI! You could read a 1000000 page book about that game and still not know everything. There is so much stuff to do in that game and I don't even know what half of it is.

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #3,704 of 6,937
Quote:
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - 8/10

I think I've played through this at least 4 times. Hundreds of hours. Sometimes I wonder why.
I'm still rather stupid when it comes to some things about the game. I almost never do any of the side-quests.

The main storyline is really very dull and boring.
No real incentive to go through all the randomized camps/caves etc. I went through maybe 10 at low levels and got nothing good and I was still broke.
Yes, I did get all the best armor but it took awhile.
I hate the leveling system.
I hate having to travel to a million different areas to get spells.
None of the weapons are anything special.
No real variety when you go through all those oblivion gates.

I'm in the middle of this again and the graphics still impress me. I also love the music and just wandering around. Strangely I almost never use horses, but I do use my jeep a lot. Much faster.

Like Skyrim, once I max out my character there is really no incentive to play. Fallout 3 was totally opposite of that.

I tried to load up my old Skyrim character but got bored within 10 minutes.

You know what I want? A game that's as fun as Fable II but as complex and almost as difficult as Dark Souls. OK, Dark Souls isn't all that complex, but it has somewhat of a learning curve before you get good. Fable II is just stupid easy and part 3 is major dumbed down.

You know what game really confuses me? FFXI! You could read a 1000000 page book about that game and still not know everything. There is so much stuff to do in that game and I don't even know what half of it is.

Elder Scrolls Online!

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #3,705 of 6,937
Quote:
Bah...Counter Strike: Global Offensive's weapon/shopping system is so hard to get used to coming from Source.

• There aren't any silencers in this game, are there?
  • Do counter-terrorists always have a diffusing kit or something? I never buy it yet I always diffuse the bomb in 5 seconds
  • Does the Kevlar suit + helmet need to be bought? When I die and I don't buy anything, I always seem to have it.
  • Does the Kevlar suit and/or helmet even do anything?

^ 5% health and 100% armour? Me thinks armour and/or helmet is absolutely useless

If you're not playing competetive, I think everyone has a defuse kit but I'm not sure. I know Kevlar is supposed to help, as there are weapon damage stats that take that into account, weird that you have 5 health but 100 Kevlar there. Also I think that you automatically have it in non-competitive game modes.

As for silencers, there aren't any yet. They said they were adding them, but this was back in November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back