Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Oct 23, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #8,987 of 24,645
The entire series is great until Jigsaw dies then it's just downhill. 

For me:

Tron Legacy: 8/10

I really enjoyed it in theaters and now on my Blu player. It's just visually amazing and the soundtrack is great as well. Just an enjoyable movie...I mean how bad can it be? Jeff Bridges is in it.

Quote:
Saw IV

7.5/10

Great plot and great torture scenes etc, but I had to read up IMDB forums after to figure out the whole 'catch/plot thing', after that it all made sense!

Still, quite enjoyable, very funny at times!

Oct 23, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #8,991 of 24,645
The Rite 1/10. Okay when Hopkins do his hannibal stuff but that is just a few minutes of the entire movie.

Story is all messed up but well it´s hard not to go wrong with religious themes. It´s serious snake oil business.

Oct 23, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #8,992 of 24,645
Bourne Supremacy - 6.75/10

One long chase scene and not much else. At least it was better than part 3, which IMO was garbage. Thankfully part 4 is not going to be directed by Paul Greengrass. Part 1 I'd give an 8/10.

Oct 24, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #8,994 of 24,645
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 6/10

Lots of robot action *snore*

Oct 24, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #8,995 of 24,645
Captain America: The First Avenger - 7.6/10

I think they could have added some suspense to the storyline, the ending was just meh. It was decent and still better than other poorly made superhero movies. I felt sad for the character that he missed the date at the end though.

The One Percent - 7.2/10

Caught this title on Netflix. In light of the whole Wall Street protesting going on. This documentary was made back in 2006, but points out the issues that we are dealing with today as far as social inequality and the rich getting richer. The topics discussed in the movie are thought provoking and interesting. As a documentary, I don't think it was as good as others I have seen, it kind of leaves me empty handed and just felt amateurish. But I still enjoyed it giving the whole theme and how relative it is at this moment. It amazes me how we see problems happening around us yet we just live blindly day to day just to see what will happen. 

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #8,997 of 24,645
Full Metal Jacket is no longer on Netflix, but A Clockwork Orange is...so my girlfriend and I watched that last night. 

Excellent movie. Love the ending. Hadn't seen it in a long time. 

9/10 As it's a little slow paced.

Oct 24, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #8,999 of 24,645
Quote:
Part One of Scorcese's new George Harrison documentary.  8/10 as far as documentaries go, 7/10 within movies, 8.5/10 as a beatles fan who loves seeing new (rare) footage of the fab four.

"George Harrison: Living In The Material World" [8.4/10]: I forgot to post about this film after I watched it; the post above reminded me about it. I would agree with Radio_Head. I enjoyed it. It could have been a bit shorter. It had some great information, pictures and film footage of the early Beatles. I did come away with a much greater appreciation for George Harrison's contribution to The Beatles. I was also not entirely aware of the degree to which he was devoted to his art, and to the variety of social issues that he cared a great deal about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back