Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Mar 13, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #7,636 of 24,650
The Pursuit of Happyness - 5/10

In a word - meh. Heard this movie was a tear-jerker, but I didn't even begin to feel the urge to sob, and I am a MASSIVE softie.

Mar 13, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #7,637 of 24,650
Red Riding Hood - 6.6/10

Feels like they took the story of little red riding hood and aimed it towards Twilight audiences. Village felt really small, almost claustrophobic. Camera tricks did not help. I liked the costumes, imagery. Everything else was horrid.

Mar 13, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #7,638 of 24,650
Vacancy - 8/10

Typically I am not fond of slasher films either because they have similar story lines or the psychopath character isn't very convincing. I think this film is the exeption. It is well executed and not over the top. It actually made me unconfortable since I do travel from time to time to remote area and have to stay in shady motels. It kept me on the edge of my seat.

Mar 13, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #7,639 of 24,650
"Inside Story" [8.7/10]: Won the oscar for Best Documentary. An important story that the masses certainly need to see. In terms of "enjoyment," I liked "Gasland" better. "Inside Story" was like a good episode of "Frontline" only longer. Their are some Wall Steet executives that need to go to jail!

Mar 13, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #7,640 of 24,650
Castle in the Sky - 8/10

A nice Miyazaki film, the story was well done and all. Minor issue I had was about the movie, but the subtitles on the dvd where some japanese lines wouldn't be translated at all or random subtitles appearing when no one would be talking. I guess the subtitles could have been a direct word for word of the english dub, but oh well.

Mar 13, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #7,641 of 24,650

Quote:
Vacancy - 8/10

Typically I am not fond of slasher films either because they have similar story lines or the psychopath character isn't very convincing. I think this film is the exeption. It is well executed and not over the top. It actually made me unconfortable since I do travel from time to time to remote area and have to stay in shady motels. It kept me on the edge of my seat.

Oh god, that made my all time worst list and I love Kate Beckinsale.  Horrid in so many ways I couldn't wait for...

them to DIE!!  If only....
1/10 from me which is 1 more than I gave 'Bounce'.

@maximosa

I wanted to throw popcorn at Will Smith during that movie.  His son was pretty awesome though. 

BattleLA - 6-7/10 - Straight forward action movie, nice seeing Marines in action, I have a soft spot there.

Cedar Rapids - 6.5/10 - Thought it would be meh.  Was told it was really good.  Saw it.  It was meh.

Red Riding - 4/10 - Oh god, shoot me w/ a silver bullet please!

Mar 14, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #7,644 of 24,650

Quote:
lol, whatever man. IMDb has 6.3/10 for Vacancy. That's a pretty high rating for a slasher movie.

IMDb rated Dark Knight 8.9/10.  Thought you hated that so not sure what IMDb has to do w/ anything.  Last House on the Left is far better.  Especially the original, but you have to deal w/ the lame cop comedy breaks inserted by young film student Wes Craven.  Otherwise watch the newer one.  It doesn't have dumb characters, who happen to be luckier than the practiced serial killers hunting them, trying to get themselves killed while whining about their marital problems.  All I'm saying.  
wink.gif
  Even The Strangers is better than Vacancy IMO and I didn't much care for that one.  Texas Chainsaw Massacre is good in the original version.  I liked 'Bug' a lot too, big fan of William Friedkin (except 'The Hunted') but that's a different sort of mind screw.

Mar 14, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #7,645 of 24,650
Something Wicked this Way Comes.  5/10.  Not bad for a Disney movie.  I would love to see a remake directed by Rob Zombie.  10/10 for the original short story by one of my favorite authors and another 10 for one of the best story/movie title ever given.  It just sounds wicked no matter how it's said.

Mar 14, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #7,648 of 24,650
Hereafter 7+

I like Clint Eastwood movies. This one's not a masterpiece like some of his others, but I did also enjoy this story told by the old master.

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #7,649 of 24,650
Executive Decision - 8/10

Hard to believe this is starring the same Halle Berry who won an oscar. Her acting in this movie is some of the worst I've seen. The "Just Fly the Plane!" scene just makes me cringe.

One of my favorite action/thrillers is "Breakdown". It's quite scary and could really happen. I watch this every year and it never gets old. If you haven't seen it, you should. It's one of Kurt Russell's best movies. I hope someday they release it on Blu-Ray because the DVD is pretty horrible. It's the old Widescreen type version that's shaped like a 4x3 box. I sure don't miss the first DVDs when very few people owned widescreen TVs. I'd give the movie a 9.25/10. I have very few complaints about the movie and when I'm watching it I don't think there's much I would do different if I was the director.

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #7,650 of 24,650
Battle: LA - 6/10. Eh it was alright. I watched it in light of the relatively positive reviews but meh. The paucity of smooth transitions b/w scenes, almost blatantly begging for empathy for the sake of inducing emotional drama were rather...amateurly cooked up. The movie might cater more to marines or related military personnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back