Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 5, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #5,973 of 24,690
Legion, 7/10

Graphically violent apocalyptic dogma, with a decent cast led by Paul Bettany and Dennis Quaid. A bit on the cliche side, but I found it fresh enough to be quite entertaining. In a nutshell, God is disgusted by the behavior of his own creation (humans), and wants to start over. Tired of our "B.S.", lol.

Jul 5, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #5,974 of 24,690
Copout 6.5/10

I enjoyed the film for the most part, but i did grow up watching 80's movies. 

Jul 6, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #5,977 of 24,690
Just watched Toy Story 3 and it was great. Not as good as the first two but excellent nonetheless. 9.7/10

Can't wait to see Inception.

Jul 6, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #5,978 of 24,690
The early reviews for Inception have been very enthusiastic. Of course, they're early reviews, which tend to be that way.

--

Speaking of reviews a couple critics I follow favorably compared The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo to Se7en. One suggested it was better. I want some of what they were smoking. It's a good serial killer thriller. But it's no Se7en, not even in the same area code. I was attempting to realize why. Then it struck me that the killer's menace wasn't as prevalent as the Fincher film. I never felt the same danger. The protracted finale kind of sapped some of the energy as well. Se7en ended as perfectly as I could imagine for a moving picture. 6/10

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #5,979 of 24,690
I did some digging on this thread, and I think it was virometal or David.M who brought up the movie State Of Grace.

I can't believe i waited so long to see this film, it was so awesome.
I loved Gary Oldman in this, he did a wonderful job at portraying his character. he truly should of won an oscar.

Overall, the movie was mostly laid-back(upfront at times) sprinkled with old-school gangster-type dialouge centric feel,  with a nice 90's style New York atmosphere. I was nice to see Penn and Oldman going back and fourth to see who was the better man, but i think Oldman trounced Penn in this one.

I also love Terrance Howard movies and i think it was Grokit or someone who mentioned that movie 'Hunting Party' 

This was a fantastic flick as well. 3 guys embarking on a journey type movies are so rare to come across. It could have been better, but it's definitely popcorn worthy.

I'd rate State of Grace a 10 and Hunting party a 8.

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #5,980 of 24,690
Just watched About a Boy.  Loved it!  Very touching.  I think this is my first Hugh Grant film, or at least the first one that I was aware he was in.  He's good.  9/10.

In case you guys haven't seen this before, check out Criticker.  It is a movie rating site, and it provides recommendations based on how you score movies you have seen.  You can compare your scores with other people too.
http://www.criticker.com/?fl&user=Calexico
Here's mine :)

Jul 8, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #5,982 of 24,690
The last one I watched was the thrash metal big 4 live. Seriously, it's really not fun sitting there for hours
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back