Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 26, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #5,327 of 24,675
Brothers - 8/10

Very magnetic ensemble cast with Sam Shepard being one of my favorite actors to watch. A powerful story, with an ending that's just heartbreaking. Not as pulse-pounding as The Hurt Locker, but great nonetheless.

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #5,330 of 24,675
American History X - 5/5 and for userlander i give it a 9.4
tongue.gif

Jan 27, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #5,331 of 24,675
^ American History X is definitely four or five out of five. It keeps on getting better and better when you see it again.

I just watched Harry Brown which I am going to rate 6/10. I had high hopes and indeed it started promising. Michael Caine was great but then all the positive things end. The story gets cliché pretty fast and most of the characters were shallow. It's a pity as I think this film could have been way better.

Jan 28, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #5,332 of 24,675
Zombieland. 9/10 It's up there with Shaun of the dead. Witty and funny.

Jan 28, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #5,335 of 24,675
^Zombie land is indeed awesome! though i dont know why you got it already, not out till tuesday....

But anyways, i just watched An American Carol, and god that movie was bad, give it a 1/5, for every funny dem joke, it had an equally aggravating republican stereotype...ugh

Jan 28, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #5,336 of 24,675
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I give 9/10. The story line being too simple, and emphasise too much "one man save the the world", classic american thinking/movie. Please no offence guys, I just have some world wide feedback.

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #5,337 of 24,675
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Hurt Locker - 9/10

immensely intense and suspenseful. raw and probably the best modern day war movie made.

Well put, and may I say that the ending of that film was well a magnum opus.

[size=small]<spoiler>[/size]Our protagonist found himself lost in the cereal aisle, cleaning out the gutter, then aircraft bay door lowers, and we know he is back where home truly is. Bravo![size=small]</spoiler>[/size]

--

I don't know how to rate The White Ribbon. It was stirring and dark. The black and white and lack of score, gave the film and other worldly feel; archival really. The whole was wrapped in metaphor, and the characters were cruel to each other. There was one scene where even a jaded fellow gulped, as one character verbally, coldly undressed another. I enjoyed it but imagine many wouldn't. And I still can't decide how good it was.

Feb 1, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #5,338 of 24,675
"Whip It" is a sweet, funky little movie with an indie feel and production values. A good teen-age date movie. My teen daughters give it a solid 9/10.

Juliette Lewis looks like a really old girl friend from my wilder days (c.1975). The flashbacks get a 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back