Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Feb 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #5,346 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Requiem For A Dream - 9,5/10 - Simply amazing.

Agreed. And what a dark, uncomfortable, yet masterpiece of a movie. The thing that really amazes me, upon second and third viewing, is how perfectly paced the score is in its climax toward the end of the film. The music is so grating, and discordant, and continues to escalate in rhythm along with the events toward the end of the film. Brilliant stuff.

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #5,347 of 24,690
...But the last film I saw was Sherlock Holmes, with Robert Downey Jr. We were going to see Avatar in 3D, but was sold out, so that was our second choice while were there. May as well see something, right?

Anyway, I was very pleasantly surprised. Very fun and enjoyable film. I'd give it a 7.5/10. Looking forward to a sequel.

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #5,348 of 24,690
This is one of my all time favourites...
It is an example of how much a correct and correctly placed soundtrack can make of an already great film... Don't know if this is captured by all audiences but certainly by people who are connected to music, like us, headfiers...

The cinematography is also great responsible for this being a masterpiece, as well as the view that is exposed (the raw, annoying and dark side of the drugs)

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. And what a dark, uncomfortable, yet masterpiece of a movie. The thing that really amazes me, upon second and third viewing, is how perfectly paced the score is in its climax toward the end of the film. The music is so grating, and discordant, and continues to escalate in rhythm along with the events toward the end of the film. Brilliant stuff.

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #5,350 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your description nails it! Uncomfortable is exactly how I felt after watching it and not many movies can give me that feeling.

Just saw Zombieland. Going to rate it 8/10. I had a blast watching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back