Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Oct 8, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #4,697 of 24,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I caught up with an early Peter Weir film by the name of Gallipoli. It was hovering around a 6/10, but the ending bumped it up to 7/10. It's a coming of age story that chronicles two Aussie friends' adventures up to the Turkish campaign in The Great War (WWI). Pretty solid, if one is the mood for a period, mini epic.

I also like this flick. I think I put it on a 'List Your Top 10 Ten War Movies' thread once, along with A Midnight Clear. I put both on the list as my modern picks. The list might be different today, but they're both good, modern war pictures.

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:31 AM Post #4,698 of 24,653
Koyaanisqatsi: 10/10, but that's only because that's how far the scale goes.

It is essentially a documentary, but there is no 'talk', all communication is by photography and the music of Philip Glass.
The theme is the way in which we humans live our lives, and the whole mood isn't particularly optimistic; the film quite clearly calls for a change.

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #4,699 of 24,653
Zack and Miri Make a *****: 6/10. Didn't quite think it was literal...

Forgetting Sarah Marshall: 8/10. Pretty Funny. Mila Kunis is gorgeous.

I Love You, Man: 7/10. Great camaraderie between Segel and Paul Rudd.

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #4,701 of 24,653
300 - 9/10. One of the best films. If you're still watching DVDs. i feel bad for you.

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #4,703 of 24,653
Koyaanisqatsi: i just watched this film - quite amazingly beautiful and profound really

i will say 9/10 - i dont think i have ever rated a film 9/10 - i may have done on here but cant be looking back through all my posts in this thread, if i have, rarely

it might have gotten another .5 on that if it had shown construction of skyscrapers in time lapse and volcano/magma eruption in either normal time or in slowmo

smile_phones.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Koyaanisqatsi: 10/10, but that's only because that's how far the scale goes.

It is essentially a documentary, but there is no 'talk', all communication is by photography and the music of Philip Glass.
The theme is the way in which we humans live our lives, and the whole mood isn't particularly optimistic; the film quite clearly calls for a change.

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #4,706 of 24,653
The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 - 5/10

The acting was quite good actually; but the story was rather predictable and I walked out of the film thinking "so what was the point of that?". I suppose I've grown impatient of films with no real meaning or at least a semblance of depth in the storyline.

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #4,707 of 24,653
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Koyaanisqatsi: i just watched this film - quite amazingly beautiful and profound really

i will say 9/10 - i dont think i have ever rated a film 9/10 - i may have done on here but cant be looking back through all my posts in this thread, if i have, rarely

it might have gotten another .5 on that if it had shown construction of skyscrapers in time lapse and volcano/magma eruption in either normal time or in slowmo

smile_phones.gif

Kool
bigsmile_face.gif

Credits will have to go to catachresis, though. He brought it up in some other thread around here.

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #4,708 of 24,653
Miss March (unedited): Worst film I've ever seen or actually, partially seen. It only took 28 minutes for me to leave the room.

The DVD is a better bow target than it is a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back