Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 19, 2009 at 6:06 PM Post #4,412 of 24,679
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depending on the quality of the (obvious) sequel,

dt880smile.png
Really? That slipped past me.

--

I re-watched season 1 of The West Wing. Second time through, it was amazing how doughy eyed the series was. Still, it was a change of pace when compared to the cynical time we live in. 6/10

Aug 19, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #4,414 of 24,679
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dt880smile.png
Really? That slipped past me.

PM on the way, as to avoid a spoiler alert.
wink_face.gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #4,415 of 24,679
"District 9" [8.9/10]: "The film opens with a documentary-style series of interviews that introduce the situation." I liked this portion of the movie, but it was so prolonged that for awhile I thought that the entire film was going to be in this style. I liked the story and it is action-packed after about the first forty minutes. The political and historical allusions make the story thought-provoking. The special effects are extremely well done. I thought that the alien hardware and the aliens themselves were very believable. I'm not sure how I feel about the lack of any widely known actors. At first I was somewhat disappointed with the acting, but in the end I think that it gave the film added authenticity. As previously stated, a sequel is probable with this film. The sequel could go a variety of interesting ways. This is the kind of film that could get better with multiple viewings. Like it said at IMDB, "If the film is about "District 9," what are districts 1-8?"

Aug 20, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #4,416 of 24,679
The International - 8/10.

Very enjoyable. If banks/corporations are as powerful and immoral as portrayed here we are surely doomed. Owens and Mueller-Stahl were outstanding actors for me. Watch out for the shoot out in the Guggenheim and the chase along the roof tops (Istanbul?).

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #4,418 of 24,679
Quote:

Originally Posted by yepyep_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
State of Play - 5/10

agree, although I was expecting much more. 2 clichees I could not get over :/

but I saw Sunshine Cleaning yesterday, and yes, it definitely kicked ass! I'd say 8.5/10.

Aug 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #4,420 of 24,679
Quote:

Originally Posted by eXelero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but I saw Sunshine Cleaning yesterday, and yes, it definitely kicked ass! I'd say 8.5/10.

I have crush on Emily Blunt. The scene upon the truss was very well done and affecting. We have all have experienced such moments where the world spins away. She was good as well in the The Great Buck Howard and Young Victoria from this year. She has approached must see status in these parts.

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #4,421 of 24,679
District 9 -> 9/10

Was not what I was expecting from the trailers. I thought the plot was acceptable. But presentation of the setting was done very well. Characters were done very well. There was depth to the story, as well as action. Best movie I've watched this year, close to Star Trek but it was actually a more serious story.

Aug 20, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #4,422 of 24,679
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - 7/10

I enjoyed the action. The pace was actually a ittle slow for me. I wasn't all that impressed with the storyline even though I am a G.I. Joe fan (the toys get me all nostalgic).

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #4,424 of 24,679
Well, not exactly a movie, but a korean drama: Beethoven Virus (2008 MBC Korean Drama of the Year Award). 8/10. A must-watch for those into classical music.

Aug 21, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #4,425 of 24,679
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
District 9 -> 9/10

Was not what I was expecting from the trailers. I thought the plot was acceptable. But presentation of the setting was done very well. Characters were done very well. There was depth to the story, as well as action. Best movie I've watched this year, close to Star Trek but it was actually a more serious story.

X2.

It was a very good movie. The alien CGI was spot on and the acting was absolutely amazing. They totally set it up for a sequal and potentially a franchise. I can't wait!

I hope that main actor (totally forgot his name) wins an Oscar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back