Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 4, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #4,051 of 24,690
Boderland - 6/10

Fairly typical horror flick aimed at today's teens. Apparently "inspired" by true events too. That's supposed to make it even more scary and make the box office ticket sales go up. It was on Superchannel so cost me nothing extra.

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #4,052 of 24,690
The Curios Case of Benjamin Button 5/10

Fantastic picture and audio on blu but the movie itself seemed to borrow things from other movies and maintain a predictable format. All in all this may be one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen. It ended 30 min ago and the wife and I put on Captain Ron to wash it off before sleepy time. It's a decent movie but waaaaaaay depressing imo.

Jul 4, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #4,053 of 24,690
Death Note Live Action Movie 2 - 7/10.

I did enjoy it, just not as much as the series. I thought the character of Light lost some depth though.

Jul 4, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #4,054 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oz Season 2 - 9/10

Quaddy my man, I need to take a break from the institution for a while. Segments of that season were hard to watch for a red blooded male.
biggrin.gif
Beecher and Schlesinger are still my two favorite characters.

popcorn.gif
yeah i know what you mean, it can be a bit squeamish in that regard

the show is big enough to cope with that though

the salton sea - 6.5/10

Jul 4, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #4,055 of 24,690
[The following is a short excerpt from my full review of the movie; no spoilers are in this version. You can find the rest of the review here, on my website.]

Prior to walking into the movie theater, all I knew about “Up” was that it was about an old man (Carl Fredricksen) who begrudgingly goes onto an adventure with a boy (Russell), and somehow a dog is part of it. So what I expected was a whimsical journey around the world, while the old man and young boy struggled to deal with their generation gap. Nowhere did I predict a flimsy storyline, weak villain, random filler characters, and forced humor to plague the entire movie.

“Up” leaves more of a “Cars” aftertaste in my mind, where I could never quite connect to any of the characters past the basic familiarity level. I believe that the main problem with the movie’s structure was that in the beginning scene, it gave the impression that the entire movie centered around the whole aspect of having Mr. Fredricksen finally fulfill his wife’s dream of travel and adventure, and once that was done within the first hour of the movie, everything after that seemed to be the unwanted “side effect,” or price, for Mr. Fredriksen wanting to simply settle down. While I do understand that by having to deal with Russell, Kevin, Muntz, and the talking dogs, it fulfills the “adventure” part of the journey for Mr. Fredricksen, but they all never seem quite dedicated to their purpose, and in the end they all pale in sincerity to Ellie had last wrote to Carl in their scrapbook.

On a side note, I saw this film in 3D. The effects were rather sparse, and didn’t run far from the screen. I was expecting something along the lines of that Disneyland/Disneyworld show “Jim Henson’s Muppet*Vision 3D.” Maybe perhaps not that zany of effects, but just more pronounced. At least I got to keep the glasses; they cost three dollars each!

Jul 4, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #4,056 of 24,690
I liked Up a lot, but then again I didn't mind Cars. I thought Cars was a bit lame though. I had no idea what Up was about when I went to see it, so maybe having no preconceptions or anything helped. I saw it in 3D as well and will agree with your assessment there. Also I'm biased towards Pixar movies
wink.gif
Wall-E is great.

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #4,059 of 24,690
idioterne AKA 'the idiots' - 1998 - well i didnt have high hopes for this movie, but it charmed me in a very indie film way, i laughed out loud at several points, and was kept intrigued enough to see it out

something different for sure

7.5/10

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #4,062 of 24,690
Last movie I went to a theatre to see was... JAWS...really!

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #4,064 of 24,690
Public Enemies: Some bad acting, some cheesy lines, a little slow - - but an alright and interesting movie.

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #4,065 of 24,690
Ice Age 3 3D, 10/10... Just can´t get enough of those characters and the new ones are superb as well.

I was worried about squirrel for a while but he got his head together in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back