Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 14, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #1,891 of 24,643
Re-watched Sweeny Todd on DVD... 9/10

Theatre watched Dark Knight ... 9.9/10 (missing 0.1 point because Heath Ledger won't be back for Part 3
frown.gif
)

(15 more posts to go.. i think?)

Aug 17, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #1,896 of 24,643
The Thirst - 2/10

It looked like it should be a silly vampire romp. Epic failure. Completely, "blah."

Aug 17, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #1,901 of 24,643
Children Of Men - 5/10

Fascinating poli-sci-fi premise—no babies born on Earth in an 18-year period; Clive Owen discovers the first expectant mother and has to get her to safety. Ultimately, though, the film tries to lasso too much stuff…immigration, terrorism, various other things. Other stars include Michael Caine and Julianne Moore. The screenplay almost saves it (some really great dialogue), but the whole thing just degenerates into a lot of explosions and people running around with weapons.
popcorn.gif

Aug 17, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #1,902 of 24,643
The Truman Show: B+
This is one of the few movies I can watch multiple times (2-3x a year), and still enjoy it.

I also regretfully saw Torque on TV. There is time I will never get back. Everything you know about physics, you can throw out the window if you see this. At least Wanted could bend the laws of physics tastefully, but this is ridiculous.
Torque: F
And that is being generous. It only got a one because of the CGI that went into it. Avoid movie at all costs.

Sweeney Todd: C
Not great nor bad.

Iron Man: C+
Very enjoyable movie. I was skeptical at first, due to the outrageous number of superhero movies being made, but I was surprised how enjoyable it was.

Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day: C+

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #1,903 of 24,643
Das Boot...long version

Aug 18, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #1,904 of 24,643
Don't Mess with the Zohan

9/10

Stupid funny humour at its best

SO LETS GO

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #1,905 of 24,643
I mentioned "OldBoy" before and liked it so much I bought the other two dvd's. I recently realized that it was part of the vengeance trilogy. Three films that share the theme of vengeance but the stories are not connected.

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance 9/10

Less flash and felt down to earth. Very serious feel to it but it does haves some moments in black comedy. –They all do. Explicit violence unlike OldBoy where it was more implicit. Ending was a downer but not to the detriment of the film. It's the point. In this one it shows how revenge can spiral out of control. –I guess they are all downers. No happy endings in the three movies.

Trailer: YouTube - Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

Lady Vengeance 8/10

Artfully done and the lead (Lee Young-Ae as Lee Geum-ja) is absolutely beautiful. Pacing was a little slow and the story telling was a little too cerebral for me to get everything on first viewing. Will have to watch again.

Warning: Has short disturbing scenes of child abuse. The story revolves around children being kidnapped and killed with the lead taking the blame which triggers her plot for revenge.

Trailer: YouTube - Lady Vengeance Trailer

I still like OldBoy the best. The three films are perversely funny, emotionally heavy and at times, dances around taboo subjects. Hard to forget as it may scar you mentally. All spoken in Korean with subtitles. Don't watch the dubs, it's horrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back