Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 20, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #1,924 of 24,668
We Own The Night - 3/10.

One of those movies that has good acting, OK directing, but no reason to give a damn and get involved in the story.

Aug 20, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #1,926 of 24,668
I just saw the new Star Wars....

it's a little sad. I really don't think they should have made it. It is Star Wars, so of course I liked it. Did have a couple great action sequences (especially assault on the monastery up the vertical cliff face), but the characters just seemed too petty and childish. Where is the archetype?

Animation was really not good at all.. Music recorded in Prague and animation done in Singapore. I guess they didn't do it in the bay area for monetary reasons.

good bye, Star Wars.
frown.gif

Aug 20, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #1,929 of 24,668
Quote:

Originally Posted by lbcliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drew Barrymore is cute, can't imagine her addicted to drugs after watching E.T.

icon10.gif
Heh, that is a memory trp! I forgot all about that Barrymore faze.

--

I checked out Tropic Thunder and will give it a 5/10 I guess. There were laugh out loud moments, and like others have mentioned, Tom Cruise cracked me up. Ben Stiller really threw me out of the movie. To me, his acting was a little too exaggerated (think Zoolander) for satire. I dreaded his screen time near the end.

Now that I think about it, maybe 6/10 just for the Benson reference! I was thinking to myself who under 30 got that one?

Aug 21, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #1,930 of 24,668
Tales From Earthsea - 7/10

Beautiful soundtrack complete with stunning visual imagery as characteristic of Studio Ghibli films. Unfortunately, the plot was a tad suspect and the characters and level of storytelling did not match the level of previous Ghibli works.

Aug 21, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #1,931 of 24,668
Theater: The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Decent movie. The effects were very good, Jet Li was great. Overall a fun movie but kinda left me feeling a little short in comparison to the others, especially with Rachel Weisz absent. Can I still keep a Yeti?

DVD: Stargate Continuum

I love Stargate and although I enjoyed watching this it didn't seem to give me a real SG-1 fix. Acting good, FX good, plot ok, just not the same. Is there more after Atlantis?

Aug 21, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #1,935 of 24,668
Mamma Mia - I found myself purposefully staring at objects off the screen so as to be able to avoid staring at the car wreck that was happening on screen. Legendarily awful.

1/10

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back