Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 11, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #166 of 24,669
I just watched "Arthur" with Dudley Moore. Quite possibly the funniest PG movie of all time ! I think a lot of people never realized how hilarious Dudley could be.

Dec 11, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #167 of 24,669
Quote:

Originally Posted by fabool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Night on Earth - 6/10
Great film. The Rome and Helsinki segments were a bit of a let down, but otherwise a very solid piece. Paris and Los Angeles being the best of the bunch.

Really? I thought Roberto's sequence in Rome was priceless. And the Helsinki segment - that's the taxi driver who lost his child, right? - was one of the more memorable segments. The cabbie's story was believable, and he made you believe it.

The only segment i didn't care for was Wynnona. She did a terrible job, and the story was dumb.

Quote:

This film also completed my Jarmusch experience and I've now seen all the man's work (with the exception of that Neil Young doc.). Still my favorite current american director.

You haven't seen Year Of The Horse yet? well, it's a tour documentary. Well done technically, but, just a tour documentary.

Have you seen Fishing With John?

Dec 11, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #168 of 24,669
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? I thought Roberto's sequence in Rome was priceless. And the Helsinki segment - that's the taxi driver who lost his child, right? - was one of the more memorable segments. The cabbie's story was believable, and he made you believe it.

I found Rome a bit out-of-place as it was total comedy compared to the other segments. Really funny though.
The Helsinki-part on the other hand, felt a tad too familiar to me as I'm a Finn
wink.gif

Quote:

You haven't seen Year Of The Horse yet? well, it's a tour documentary. Well done technically, but, just a tour documentary.

Have you seen Fishing With John?

Nope, haven't seen either of those. I'm not shying away from documentaries though, actually I love 'em and they're definetly on my list to see at some point.

Dec 11, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #169 of 24,669
Fishing With John isn't a Jarmusch product per se - It was a series of short documentaries, where John Lurie (of stranger than paradise and down by law) goes fishing with various famous people in various parts of the world.

On the first episode, he goes shark fishing with Jim Jarmusch.

They're low-budget, produced for a local tv station somewhere, but fun to watch.

Dec 11, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #170 of 24,669
"No Country for Old Men" - 9/10. Instant classic with Javier Bardem as one of the scariest, creepiest killers ever and Tommy Lee Jones in a role tailor-made for him.

Dec 11, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #171 of 24,669
I saw The Golden Compass last sunday and really enjoyed it, even more than the LOTR movies. My only complaint is that it was a bit short.

9/10

Dec 11, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #172 of 24,669
Bee Movie

7.5/10

Great and fun movie to watch, was a bit mediocre in terms of the story line, and somewhat unbelievable - yes I know it's a kids movie, but still!

Had some funny parts - overall enjoyable movie.

Dec 11, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #173 of 24,669
As much as I enjoyed the bee movie, I didnt like the message it was giving. First the bee's sue the human race saying we are exploiting the bee's, and in the end, the bee's are proved wrong, does that mean we continue to just exploit them?? There was no closure on that issue. There shouldve been some sort of agreement or understanding between the humans and bees at the end, instead of just saying yeah we humans are right and we should just exploit nature and make money!

Dec 12, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #175 of 24,669
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foshizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw The Golden Compass last sunday and really enjoyed it, even more than the LOTR movies. My only complaint is that it was a bit short.

9/10

Wow - that's quite a statement to make!

GAD

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #177 of 24,669
I saw a whole bunch during that past week or so:

Miller's Crossing: 9/10 - Probably my favorite Coen brother's film. Have yet to experience NCFOM.

The Rundown: 6/10 - Some good ol' a**kicking by The Rock.

The War: 2/10 - Newest Jet Li movie. Couldn't finish it.

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #178 of 24,669
Golden Compass - No flow to the movie, it felt like a bunch of random splices where they needed to save time. If it were a 4hr long epic I think I would have enjoyed it.

4/10

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back