Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Dec 9, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #136 of 24,650
The Detective - 8/10

Been watching a lot of Hong Kong movies lately, though this one is set in Thailand. The Pang Brothers have finally been redeemed from that horrible movie they made for Hollywood (The Messengers, I think). Great storyline that kept you guessing most of the way through, though I didn't find the ending very plausible. Some of the last minute plot twists seemed forced, but I don't want to spoil anything so I'll just leave it at that.
wink.gif
Great performances by all the actors, especially Aaron Kwok who has matured a lot as an actor since his pretty boy days.

Dec 9, 2007 at 10:11 AM Post #137 of 24,650
The Matrix - first one.

Intriguing. 9/10

Dec 9, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #142 of 24,650
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you thought Monsters, Inc. had a better story?
eek.gif

*Much* more clever than Ratatouille IMO, and much more inline with the Pixar style. The only character I found myself invested with in Ratatoille was the critic, who I thought was fabulous.

GAD

Dec 9, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #143 of 24,650
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do yourself a favour, if you havent seen the other 2, dont bother as they are rubbish compared to the first one
wink.gif

I wouldn't call them rubbish, but I agree the don't quite live up to the first one.

GAD

Dec 10, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #149 of 24,650
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should the future Machine Girl get at least an eight based on its trailer alone?

This looks very good. An original take on the revenge-action genre, although for some reason, I'm reminded of Bionic Woman...

Regardless, purely from the trailer, Machine Girl is definately on my "Must See" list.

cool.gif

EK

Dec 10, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #150 of 24,650
Haven't been to the movies lately.

Bee Movie - 8.5/10

It is funny... but it's geared towards mature adults. For an animation, I would expect the general audience to be able to understand the jokes. -1 for that.

Oh yeah, a baby was crying non stop in the theatre. -.5 for that I guess
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back