Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 29, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #24,241 of 24,690
IMG_1909.jpeg

May 29, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #24,242 of 24,690
New Wick flick 4...

Due to getting near F&F levels of absurdity.

May 29, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #24,243 of 24,690
I have really liked Adam Driver, all the way back to his TV days, but I thought "65" was woeful. Was really looking forward to it too. Seems cheaply made.

3/10

May 29, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #24,244 of 24,690
Duplicate. Website is glitchy again....

Jun 5, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #24,245 of 24,690
Underwater 2020 Disney plus

ok get ready for an hour and a half of deep, I mean really deep, ocean pressure of imploding proportions. Mixed with a drinking/ smoking game. Every glimpse of the sub mariner monster yell what it is. Mine was a lot of alien mixed with mana ray, octopus, demon, back to alien, no sea mollusc….. not sure what is hunting them, but if they ain’t imploding theyre getting eaten flick. Suspenseful, well acted, and worth 3.5 puffs out of 5 because, been there don’t want to go back.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #24,246 of 24,690
The Days - 9/10

Based on true events of the Fukushima Nuclear Disaster.
This one is really good. Only negative is that some of the acting is truly bizarre. The president in this comes across as some cartoon character. Plus there are these very strange slow-mo scenes that add nothing and are so out of place. Then some long takes of character's reactions to things happening that are unintentionally funny.
So many of the characters in the show are clueless idiots really who don't seem to be able to contribute much to fixing the problem.
I think they're afraid of speaking out and getting themselves into trouble with their employer. Maybe they're told to just not say anything.
The TV series does seem like almost a documentary sort of, but that's a positive.
The show is actually based on a book about the disaster as well as some reports.
I have to admit I really liked the soundtrack at times too. It's ambient electronica I guess.

The Walking Dead (Season 2) - 10/10

My pick for one of the best seasons of ANY show ever made. Nothing really comes close for me except for maybe Season 6.
I can't say it enough, but if you're like me and HATE horror movies, you still might love this show and should give it a try.
What makes this so great is the conflict between Shane and Rick. This season's events have a huge effect on many of it's characters on later seasons.
Oh and of course the show has some really great acting. OK not by all it's characters, but most.
Rick and Morgan's characters have the best acting IMO.

Season 3 - 8/10

The season where I fast forward through it the most.
The episode "Clear" is by far the best episode.
The best part about this season though is when Michonne shows up at the prison.
Her character adds so much to the show IMO.
This season is one of the more harder to watch seasons for sure. It's pretty graphic/gory.
The most graphic scene is the fight between The Governor and Michonne. It feels almost too real.
I mean just look at how demented the Governor is when he's alone in his home (Penny, plus his Aquariums).
And of course the ending is crap, but you knew it would happen.

I'd still rank them as follows:

2 > 6 > 4> 5 (last half is best) >1 > 3 > 8 > 7 (not sure on rest).

This is after at least a dozen viewings of each. No joke!

PS Negan and the Whisperers nearly ruined the show for me.
Now Maggie and Negan are like best buddies or something? What the heck...
How does Negan become such a fan favorite? It makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #24,247 of 24,690
To Leslie - 10/10

By far the best movie i've seen this year.
It's perfect. Everything from the directing, script, acting etc.
I wouldn't change a thing.
I'm actually planning on watching this again in a few days.
It just got released on Netflix.
Hopefully there was a blu-ray release. It's worth buying.

Jun 10, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #24,248 of 24,690
To Leslie - 10/10

By far the best movie i've seen this year.
It's perfect. Everything from the directing, script, acting etc.
I wouldn't change a thing.
I'm actually planning on watching this again in a few days.
It just got released on Netflix.
Hopefully there was a blu-ray release. It's worth buying.

Excellent, had me crying at several different times. Realistic as f&#k. 9/10

Jun 10, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #24,249 of 24,690
Avatar the way of water 2022 Disney plus

noce but whaat? No matter how many puffs, 3.5 for me.

Jun 19, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #24,251 of 24,690
White men cant jump 2, Disney plus 2023

ok so not much new in reverse racism poke at bb of yore, but heck it’s still a hoot, a mild minefield hoot, of the stuff that makes us different and the same. Racism and hypocrisy , for 3.75 puffs, blunt or no, out of 5

Jun 19, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #24,252 of 24,690
John Wick 4

I was a fan of 1 & 2, but this series has truly run it's course. I love a good fight scene, but this is nearly 3hrs of very little else. I know that it is well known in martial arts movies to have a blind kung-fu master, but that is based on close, hands on combat. It stretches credibility a bit too far, even for me, to have the blind gut be an expert shot too :).

Finally, the ever-youthful Keanu is starting to show his age. The fight scenes he does are notably shorter, with many more edit cuts, than in previous movies. He also walks / runs like an old man.

All that said, I enjoyed it, but time to end.

6/10

Jun 19, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #24,253 of 24,690
"Living" (10/10): What a fantastic movie. A reminder that life must be lived. Incredible performance by Bill Nighy. "Overwhelmed at work and lonely at home, a civil servant's life takes a heartbreaking turn when a medical diagnosis tells him his time is short. Mr. Williams continues to search for meaning until a simple revelation gives him a purpose to create a legacy for the next generation..."

Jun 20, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #24,254 of 24,690
Blackberry - 6/10

I found this movie to be a waste of time. Did not like any of the actors or their character portrayal. It's like watching Big Bang Theory or something, feels stereotypical (the world is not that simple). I didn't like the screenplay, or the cliche plotline. I had high expectations given the high RT scores, but left me disappointed. I enjoyed 'Air' tons more. Based on the plotline, I didn't think the story deserved a movie.

I'm not into seeing 'Harvard' flashed on screen. No need to advertise the brand. It means nothing to me. It's just a few years of overpriced institution.

Only part that I liked was that Joy Division got some play time.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #24,255 of 24,690
I don't understand why Kathleen Kennedy is still with Disney. They need to get rid of her. Actually, it might be good she she's around so that Disney just keep declining in quality and ruining ips and franchises, so that the industry learns that companies like Disney shouldn't be in charge of making movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back