Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Apr 12, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #21,766 of 24,650
"TRAMPS" (2016): 6/10. Grace Van Patten looks angelic. A gem of an indie filled with emotional honesty.

111.jpg

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #21,767 of 24,650
Super Troopers 2 (2018 - Comedy): 8.5/10

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/super-troopers-2#/

A crowdfunded-and-anticipated follow up to the 2001 slap-stick performance of Super Troopers, this crazy nut-bar sleuthing team gets a chance at redemption to have a slap-shot performance along the U.S.-Canadian border in Super Troopers 2. Originally a late-2015 indiegogo campaign to create the sequel, various campaign goals were used to add-in extra scenes to the script and create a partially-cult-fan-inspired movie. Although they did not quite get to the "Kickass Chase Scene" goal of $4.75 million, the end funding reached $4.617 million and bested their original $3 million 2001 budget for the first Super Troopers.

The end result was a sequel that was just as funny as the first installment, but with a little more creativity to the script. Although the 2001-value of $3 million is now a 2015-value of $4,017,237.29 and the ended funding was $4,617,223, I think there was just a little more value added to the sequel with new actors added to the cast, such as Rob Lowe and Emmanuelle Chriqui, to not just add in-character alignment to the movie, but also add tongue-in-cheek cliches and stereotypes to the scenes and script.

So with the added-value said, I do think they could have brought Jim Gaffigan and Aria Alpert back somehow, even as different characters, just to add to the corny parts. Plus, considering this series was already considered to be a cult-classic, they could have added some legendary tongue-in-cheek scenes to the movie, as they already added several legendary references to past comedies, but I guess these will just be new campaign goals to add for future sequels. So yeah, the 8.5/10 rating is for comparison to other comedy films, so if you are a comedy fan or a cult-follower to this series, definitely check it out. Just leave those 16-and-under home with a sitter, nanny, or trusted family member. Heck, leave the seventeen-year-old home as well, as some comedic nude scenes might leave them saying "Gross!!!" for a while.:wink:

Apr 24, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #21,768 of 24,650
The Post (6.5/10 for entertainment value[it's kinda boring], but 8.5/10 for depiction of important event in history)

I couldn't rate it solely on entertainment value for this movie as it's not really a pop-corn flick, but it's a movie depicting a important part of history. It should have more value for exposing such an important event to the masses. Just that it's real boring of a movie(it's based on true even in history, and it's better not to spice things up to diverge from actual events to unnecessarily excite it), but fascinating in terms of historical value(well, atleast the event was).

My favorite quote from the movie:

...from the majority opinion: 'In the First Amendment the Founding Fathers gave the free press the protection it must have to fulfill its essential role in our democracy. The press was to serve the governed, not the governors.'

post-header.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #21,769 of 24,650
The Subtle Genius Of 'The Florida Project'

Lots of good points in this video analysis of the movie. Definitely worth seeing after you've seen the movie to gain some more insight(subtleties you may have not really made significance of). (The video is hidden in the spoiler below)

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #21,770 of 24,650
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (6.75/10)

The movie started up interesting, and then went down-hiil, and that ending.. Should have put some more effort into the story. Acting was high level, and Frances McDormand playing the lead role really shines in this one. A lot of characterization of this one as well, but it seems quite excessive. That scene when the father shows up for the first time in the movie, when comes to their place, I was like What this is getting ridiculous now, that was the down-hill point. I started getting bored at some point as there wasn't much significance happening of the plot. The idea/concept was interesting though. Initially, I thought, "this seems interesting," and then soon after, meh.. Looking back, I wouldn't waste my time with this one if I knew.

It's like the movie was trying hard to make a statement with just weirdness not necessary. All the funny parts I've seen on the trailer, so it pulled a blockbuster crap on me.

I just love subjectivity. When I get some time, I must get into the mix here as I can say with confidence, you and I are on total ends of the spectrum with likes and dislikes in movies. As an example of what I'm saying, this movie was simply outstanding and one of the best last year. Should have blown that "totally wasted my time" The shape of water out of the water for best picture. I'll get into this later as I think this will be fun.

May 2, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #21,771 of 24,650
Avenger infinity mini trailer for the previous marvel movies: minus/10
the comic books infinity gauntlet/saga about Thanos and his difficult girlfriend:skull: are my favorite Marvel stories just before Apocalypse and his sick friends which was a pretty cool adaptation of that old book some of you might have heard about ^_^. watching all my favorite stories being gang raped on screen one after the other is no fun at all. they even made a mess of Phoenix with the xmen. I'm missing a crap movie about the Brood saga and they'll have ruined all my top marvel stories.
anyway, to be a tiny bit fair, that Avenger movie was entertaining, they show plenty of mini stories with way too much comedic content despite how this could have been such a masterpiece if treated seriously. instead they went for the style used in Gardians of the comedy club, I am Groot. so for somebody who knows nothing about the original story or just doesn't care and liked stuff like Guardians of the galaxy, it's easily as entertaining, full of action, fun, etc. I expect most people to say it's a great movie, perhaps the best of the long marvel series. but to me, it's not even "mehhh".
I can't criticize it with clear examples because that would require many spoilers, but the amount of nonsense is almost as much as in the Lost in Space Netflix series(very cool pictures in that BTW, it's just that the story is about people systematically doing the dumbest thing that nobody would ever decide to do if put in their situation). so yeah, 1 infinity gem even misused is already enough to make you an incredible character, and Thanos was no joke to begin with. but we still end up with nonsense fights and completely disproportionate powers clashing as if they were somehow almost equivalent. it's about as logical as pretending that Black Widow and Thor are as significant in a fight. no matter how much we like to see fan service, it's dumb to to even pretend that she's doing anything at all.
to stop whining about everything, let's just say that it's another "turn off your brain, look at the pretty lights and laugh at the easy jokes" kind of movie. great for that, garbage scenario based on what was a terrific story. they could have made better than Lord Of The Ring with that story. instead they made another Guardian of the Galaxy with a lot of guests.
"Sad!"

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #21,772 of 24,650
Avengers: Infinity War - 5/10. When I just finished to watch it I thought that I don't really like this movie but did't understand why? It was average Marvel's movie, it had beautiful graphic, heroically delivered speech and copybook morality. But the previous post makes me open my eyes to my feelings about this move: "they made a another Guardian of the Galaxy with a lot of guests" - this is the point. This movie gave me less than I expected.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #21,773 of 24,650
* /me quickly edits previous post*
you misquoted me, I wouldn't write "a another", obviously I spik engrish good good.
*flies away, sure he fooled everybody*

:sweat_smile:

Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #21,774 of 24,650
Black Panther (7/10)

Style, no substance. This is what I can say about pretty much all Marvel Studio movies as of late. Big budget movies relying on flashy special effects, but in the end degrades the what is underneath, the substance.

Black Panther is no different in this respect. The movie provides the artificial background and backdrop for the characters, which I didn't find much in development. The story and screen play are pretty much cliche that has been done many times, and doesn't bring any originality to the movie. I understand it is a super hero movies, and perhaps it is due to being a made-up story, that the movie falls under this. I just don't find the producer/directors have done much in originality/creativity of the Black Panther franchise. Yeah, I understand the lack of black minority role model super hero out there, and Black Panther is franchise that children that can identify with the color of the hero, and characters of the movies is a positive thing, but I also expect quality execution as well.

I like entertaining movies, but I was pretty bored throughout the movie, it's really nothing original I've seen. It's like lots of modern big budget movies, formulaic that doesn't provide creative freedom for original-ness. Vibranium?! Paaaleeese. I guess fairytales for the children.

With all the hype, I was expecting this Marvel movie to be set apart from the usual, but it's really no different. It's another Marvel super hero movie they churn out like a factory machine.

Black_Panther_Poster_October_2017.jpg

May 15, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #21,775 of 24,650
Utøya - 22 juli

Hyper realistic movie about the terror attack in 2011 in norway. Fictive characters but 1000 % more real then hollywoods based on real stories.
Hard to rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back