Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Sep 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #10,906 of 24,635
Quote:

yup i didnt like that movie too
probably because i was watching it on an airplane with crappy screen and even worse headphones than apple earbuds...
it was pretty much a rotation of seeing wolves, one person gets killed, move somewhere else, repeat
and fast fowarding throughout the movie- only thing i was seeing was night time and snow

Thats pretty much it...and Liam sucks at his job.
"I hunt these beasts, I know everything about them"...yet you lead the group into the place thats most likely to be the wolves den.

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #10,907 of 24,635
Quote:
Paranormal Activity 2 - 8/10

I normally hate movies like this. The whole 'Blair Witch' kind of filming...but this one was good and definitely freaky. One of the scariest movies I've watched in awhile for 2 reasons. You always know the scare is coming, but the drawn out nature really makes you flip. Also the fact that not every camera will give you a scare. No telling which it'll be.

Also...The lack of music in the film is really freaky. Nothing to 'warn' you like other horror movies. Just silence. Watched it in the middle of the day and it still freaked me out.

I have no problem admitted that this movie scared the crap out of me. I had just gotten a potent little subwoofer for my apartment and that was the first movie I saw. On a projector screen with full 5.1 audio and some pretty potent bass, it was one hell of a visceral experience. The lady friend that I saw it with had to wait a few hours before she could go home she was so screwed up afterward  
ph34r.gif
   Definitely gotta watch this with either speakers or headphones...there is so much detail in the soundtrack that it just adds to the overall experirence. Good point about the lack of music....definitely added to the creep factor. 

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #10,908 of 24,635
Quote:

yup i didnt like that movie too
probably because i was watching it on an airplane with crappy screen and even worse headphones than apple earbuds...
it was pretty much a rotation of seeing wolves, one person gets killed, move somewhere else, repeat
and fast fowarding throughout the movie- only thing i was seeing was night time and snow

They showed it on an airplane??? Whoever made that decision is an idiot. 

Sep 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #10,910 of 24,635

Quote:
most airplanes have a touch screen tv for everyone, which is embedded in the seat above
and they usually have pretty recent hollywood movies on them

I think he referr to that they experience a plane crash and then get eaten by wolves :D

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #10,912 of 24,635
Quote:
most airplanes have a touch screen tv for everyone, which is embedded in the seat above
and they usually have pretty recent hollywood movies on them

Oh okay, I thought it was a general showing like they used to do...and as Oqvist pointed out, I certainly wouldn't want to see a damn plan crashing down in a horrific way while I was 30,000 feet up lol. I actually haven't been on a plane in about 10 years though, so sounds like the tech has become a bit more customizable.

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #10,913 of 24,635
Sep 20, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #10,914 of 24,635
Quote:

Oh okay, I thought it was a general showing like they used to do...and as Oqvist pointed out, I certainly wouldn't want to see a damn plan crashing down in a horrific way while I was 30,000 feet up lol. I actually haven't been on a plane in about 10 years though, so sounds like the tech has become a bit more customizable.

Am I the only one that always wish to experience a plane crash. I mean even if it goes really bad it´s such a glorious way to go. roller coaster of a life time. If things start going bad on 11000 metres height it will last a jolly good long time :)

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #10,915 of 24,635
Quote:
Am I the only one that always wish to experience a plane crash. I mean even if it goes really bad it´s such a glorious way to go. roller coaster of a life time. If things start going bad on 11000 metres height it will last a jolly good long time :)

Nope, there's at least one other... what a way to go!

Sep 20, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #10,916 of 24,635
Quote:

I wish I could see it that way! I am deathly afraid of heights. Roller coasters are pretty much my limit (I actually love them). The thing with planes is that I feel completely out of control. At least in a boat or a car if soemthing goes wrong you can have a fighting chance. But when you're way up in the air and something goes wrong, there's not a damn thing you can do about it. People often will argue the point that it's the "safest means of travel", but if I'm behind the wheel then driving is by far the safest way to go. My mom used to tell me that when I was little, the first time we flew to Disneyworld and we got on the plane, the pilot was outside the cockpit greeting everyone. Apparently he was up there in years and I freaked out that he was too old to fly the plane. I have no recollection of that, so apparently I've had this issue from a very early age lol.

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #10,917 of 24,635
Quote:
The thing with planes is that I feel completely out of control.

I think that's the part that appeals to me, why fight it just enjoy the ride!

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #10,918 of 24,635
Quote:

I think that's the part that appeals to me, why fight it just enjoy the ride!

lol, I'm going to try and change my perspective....you guys make a good point

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #10,919 of 24,635
Grizzly Man - 8/10
Really liked it. Werner Herzog's directorial style has struck me as very egotistic in other films, but he thankfully kept his annoying personality mostly out of this film and allowed the film's subject, Timothy Treadwell, to be the genuine focus, something for which I am very grateful, because Herzog has a singular talent for documenting compellingly human subjects. It's a great story. Sad, hopeful, and pretty. The Alaskan who criticized Treadwell was an especially interesting interview subject.

Pulp Fiction - 8/10
Ridiculous, over the top, supremely entertaining. Great cast with Thurman, Willis, Jackson, and Travolta. Likable characters all around. Dare I call it good-natured?

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #10,920 of 24,635
I saw this several years ago, but I was reminded tonight of one of the best action films I've ever seen....District B-13. It's subtitled, so be forewarned...but what a ride! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back