Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Sep 15, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #10,876 of 24,632
Quote:
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 6/10

So horribly bad it was actually pretty good
very_evil_smiley.gif

Wow, what an astute and accurate comment.  Who did you steal it from?  
o2smile.gif
tongue.gif

Sep 15, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #10,880 of 24,632
Quote:

I love 500 Days of Summer, but I wouldn't say its as depressing as Never Let Me Go, not even close really

Really? I was in the process of getting it, but I think I'll reconsider. Sadder than 500 Days = suicide.

Sep 15, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #10,881 of 24,632

Quote:
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 6/10

So horribly bad it was actually pretty good
very_evil_smiley.gif

Is it even worse then the original. How that got a sequel just show how broken Hollywood is lol

Sep 16, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #10,882 of 24,632
Red Dawn - 6/10

Liked the first 15-20 minutes, but then it went downhill. Took me 3 attempts to finish this one.
I remember seeing this when I was a kid and liking it a lot more.

Toy Soldiers - 8/10

This one is about a boarding school taken over by terrorists.

Really surprised I liked this one so much! Very entertaining from the start. Starring Louis Gossit Jr and Sean Astin.
R. Lee Ermey (drill instructor from Platoon) got a small role too.

The acting wasn't as bad as it could have been. A couple scenes could have been better.

I wouldn't mind owning this on DVD. BTW you can watch this free with Amazon Prime!

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #10,884 of 24,632
Casa de mi Padre.

I don´t know if I can rank this one. The humour falls flat I don´t find it funny or smart anywhere. It´s kind of a serious movie with teddy bears, toy cars etc put into the picture.
I don´t see much smart references to all the western movies I watched or anything and not a single joke that works.

I guess I am a bit depressed though.

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #10,885 of 24,632
Chronicle 8/10. i did enjoy that movie.Good story.
Men in Black 3. 6/10 my least favourite of the bunch.it felt hollow and less action than the previous ones.
Prometheus -1/10 . absolutly terrible in all aspects.one of the worst ive seen and the story didnt make sense to me.

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #10,886 of 24,632
John Carter - 7/10

Fun to watch. Title was awful. Gets a little stagnant in the middle. 

Upcoming: Looper. Holy crap I'm so excited.

What do you mean by "Title was awful" - do you mean you didn't like the title of the movie, "John Carter" or do you mean the DVD/Blu-Ray you had was a bad production?

Sep 17, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #10,887 of 24,632
Quote:
Casa de mi Padre.

I don´t know if I can rank this one. The humour falls flat I don´t find it funny or smart anywhere. It´s kind of a serious movie with teddy bears, toy cars etc put into the picture.
I don´t see much smart references to all the western movies I watched or anything and not a single joke that works.

I guess I am a bit depressed though.

I really liked it. It was part satire, and part nonsense. I was really impressed by how fluently Will Farrell spoke Spanish.

The soundtrack is pretty good too.

Sep 17, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #10,888 of 24,632
I was quite impressed both with Will Farrells singing and spanish. With that said I don´t talk spanish but it´s convincing based on all the western/spanish movies I watched. I am blessed to live in a country where they never ever mess up with the original audio.

Gotta see Talladega nights again. If I don´t laugh I know I have a depression lol

Sep 17, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #10,889 of 24,632
Quote:
I was quite impressed both with Will Farrells singing and spanish. With that said I don´t talk spanish but it´s convincing based on all the western/spanish movies I watched. I am blessed to live in a country where they never ever mess up with the original audio.

Gotta see Talladega nights again. If I don´t laugh I know I have a depression lol

I was disappointed with "Casa de...", as well. I was pretty excited to see it, so maybe it was just a victim of expectations, I dunno. 

I'm a huge Farrell fan, though, and Talladega Nights is one of my favorites. Farrell and Sacha B.Cohen on the same screen was like movie crack. 

Sep 17, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #10,890 of 24,632
No no I meant the name of the actual film. A Princes of Mars (the original book title) or even John Cater of Mars (the planned title) were both better, IMO. 

Quote:
What do you mean by "Title was awful" - do you mean you didn't like the title of the movie, "John Carter" or do you mean the DVD/Blu-Ray you had was a bad production?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back