Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Sep 23, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #10,936 of 24,638
How can you guys not like Battleship? I thought that was a great ride! 
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #10,939 of 24,638
Quote:
The ship sailed w/o them!  
k701smile.gif

I bet they didn't like Evil Dead 2 either which would make them Communists. 
wink.gif

I have had tremendous love for the Evil Dead trilogy and also Bubba Ho-Tep as my favorite Bruce Campbell flicks of all time....but then that jackhole started getting a bit full of himself with the modest success of that show on USA network and his little two minute spider man cameos, and he bailed on Bubba Nosferatu! It's good enough for Coscarelli and Paul Giamatti (who has more acting talent in his little pinky than Campbell does in his entirety) to get on board, but all of a sudden the script isn't good enough for BRUCE? Are you kidding me, Campbell? 

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #10,940 of 24,638

Prometheus 2012                                     9 out of 10     Love it. Will watch it again and again. 

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #10,941 of 24,638
Quote:
I saw this several years ago, but I was reminded tonight of one of the best action films I've ever seen....District B-13. It's subtitled, so be forewarned...but what a ride! 

Cool, I have this movie but have been waiting to see it. Glad to hear it's good! 

Sep 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #10,942 of 24,638
Quote:

Cool, I have this movie but have been waiting to see it. Glad to hear it's good! 

I had a blast with it...hope you enjoy! 

Sep 23, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #10,943 of 24,638
Abduction - Meh/10

It wasn't terrible. I honestly expected it to be much worse considering the lead actor was Taylor Lautner. Some cool fight scenes, predictable story. Guy gets the girl, etc. 

Sitting down to watch 'The Doors' and I think it'll be much better. :D

Sep 23, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #10,945 of 24,638
"The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" [8.5/10]: I wonder how many people haven't seen this movie because of the title. I enjoyed the performances from some of the best in the business. It was lacking something that I just can't put my finger on, but overall it was an engaging story that would appeal especially to those approaching retirement or contemplating their retirement years.

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #10,946 of 24,638
Princess Mononoke 9/10

I really love Studio Ghibli films, and this one is IMO one of the best of them, amazing story, really long also which is a big plus for me.
it's different from the other films in some way, first of all the "main" main character is a man, not a woman like in many of the other films,
it also felt like there was more fighting and action, but since the movie was so long it had room for it.

it had a more of a message than some of the other films, there's often a lot of war in ghibli films, and they often make a statement about the faults of humans, but it felt like it was more obvious in this one.

It's definetly in my top 10 list of best movies ever, along with 4 other ghibli films :)

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #10,947 of 24,638
Totall recall- 8/10

at first, i wasnt too excited to see these since it doesnt have an amazing rating on imdb
but turned out i really enjoyed it
tons of shooting and explosions, easy to follow plot, and slow mo scenes of hot actors helps too
and i also liked recognizing different sites around toronto, which is where the movie was shot

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #10,949 of 24,638
Quote:
Woah, woah. Hold on now. Evil Dead 2 is a classic. I thought Battleship was stupid because it was a Transformers movie with an even worse story. 

That is just totally insane :p

I watched Battleship again and it was just as well executed as the first time I saw it. There is no Michael Bay crapness in this movie :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back