Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Sep 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #10,831 of 24,638
Hey guys, are there any Jim Jarmusch fans in here? I saw my first Jarmusch film several years ago and have been a huge fan ever since. I never know what to expect from his work and I think he is one of the most interesting filmmakers today. 

My favorite Jarmusch films are as follows: 

1) Down by Law  9.2/10
2) Mystery Train  9/10
3) Broken Flowers  8.8/10
4) Night on Earth  8.6/10
5) Dead Man  8.5/10

The only film of his I didn't fully connect with was Stranger than Paradise...but I've really enjoyed just about everything else. 

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #10,832 of 24,638
Quote:
Catch Me if you can - 10/10

Being There - 10/10

Yeah..these are both favorites i've seen dozens of times. Both near perfect to me.
Watching "Being There" last night was one of the best viewings i've had of that movie. It's really funny too. I actually didn't love it on the first viewing.

Both these films are on my computer waiting to be watched. Now I am certainly more motivated to start them!

I just watched Mr. Nobody. I always wait at least one day before rating a movie, but let me just say, this was phenomenal. Synecdoche, New York meets Tree of Life. The nonlinearity and ambition of the movie just offer so much for the viewer to experience, absorb, and react to. Visually incredible and inventive, with a beautiful soundtrack. I need to cut myself off now; I will probably have more to say tomorrow! >>> EDIT: No more to say, but I loved it! 9/10

And Focker: I plan on watching Pirate Radio by Thursday of this week!

Sep 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #10,833 of 24,638
Sep 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #10,836 of 24,638
inside man- 8.5/10
amazing acting from denzel washington again- you can see the spit flying out of his mouth when hes in a rage
also from ethan hawke
plot was so so but the acting made my day

Quote:
Both these films are on my computer waiting to be watched. Now I am certainly more motivated to start them!

I just watched Mr. Nobody. I always wait at least one day before rating a movie, but let me just say, this was phenomenal. Synecdoche, New York meets Tree of Life. The nonlinearity and ambition of the movie just offer so much for the viewer to experience, absorb, and react to. Visually incredible and inventive, with a beautiful soundtrack. I need to cut myself off now; I will probably have more to say tomorrow!

And Focker: I plan on watching Pirate Radio by Thursday of this week!

i just watched "catch me if you can" about a month ago- solid movie due to the acting by dicaprio and whitty scenes i would give 8.5/10 for

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #10,837 of 24,638
Quote:
Bourne Legacy: 4.5/10.  Entertaining; questionable science; chase scene way too long; let's hope this is it on that Bourne guy....

Haven´t seen Bourne Legacy yet but watching Avengers at the moment and some other guys I think they found the right man. I love his pit bull qualities :D

Sep 5, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #10,838 of 24,638
Lawless - 6.5/10. Definitely well acted with some amazing performances. I just thought it was a bit too long. It's also extremely violent. Doesn't bother me but some folks may mind. Lastly, Tom Hardy sounds like Bane.

Sep 6, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #10,839 of 24,638
Safe - 4/10

Awful acting. Felt as if the producers hired people with no acting experience at all to save money. Jason Statham was OK and there was only one other person who did an acceptable job.
Terrible camerawork. The camera moved around so much that it ruined the fight scenes. Too many cuts too.
Stupid script with terrible dialogue. Who comes up with such dumb ideas..

Felt like someone have given a bunch of amateurs a huge budget to make a movie and this is the result. Turns out it was directed by Boaz Yakin! What the heck..he's the guy who even made the movie "Fresh" with Samual L. Jackson.
That was a good one about a 12 year old drug dealer..

I guess I can no longer rely on Jason Statham movies for simple dumb entertainment..

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #10,840 of 24,638
Snow white and the Huntsmen 8/10

Surprised me a lot. Theron is great and the only really interesting character.
It got a bit annoying when Snow white all sudden would become Napoleon or something a bit odd...

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #10,841 of 24,638
Quote:

captain-blood_4011.jpg

THE pirate film! It doesn't quite live up to the novel it's based on, but still a great swashbuckler. 9/10

Love it. I watched it recently as well. I've been in a bit of an Errol Flynn groove lately.

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #10,842 of 24,638
Quote:

It got a bit annoying when Snow white all sudden would become Napoleon or something a bit odd...

So....it's good then?

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #10,843 of 24,638
Quote:

I felt the same way but gave it a 6/10.  KStew was horrible as usual wrt the acting and just the character in general.

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #10,844 of 24,638
Quote:
Quote:

So....it's good then?

Agreed, the commentary is more critical than the rating.

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #10,845 of 24,638
Quote:

Agreed, the commentary is more critical than the rating.

exactly lol...I saw 8/10, and then read what he wrote....I'm confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Back