Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 31, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #10,802 of 24,649
Quote:
Win Win - 8/10
Grittier than I had expected, and all the better for it. Very touching. Great characters, especially Kyle. Excellent movie.
The ending was a bit too neat, tidy, and quick in comparison to the rest of the film.

No offense, but that's the worst implementation of a spoiler tag I have ever seen. You make no effort to even pause or catch a breath before you go into it. Why even bother saying spoiler if you don't care?

"So I finally watched Sixth Sense this past weekend and I thought it was pretty great especially the
surprise ending when we find out Bruce Willis was dead all along. What's for dinner?"

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #10,803 of 24,649
Quote:

No offense, but that's the worst implementation of a spoiler tag I have ever seen. You make no effort to even pause or catch a breath before you go into it. Why even bother saying spoiler if you don't care?

"So I finally watched Sixth Sense this past weekend and I thought it was pretty great especially the
surprise ending when we find out Bruce Willis was dead all along. What's for dinner?"
oh come on!!!! I was gonna watch that movie too!
wink_face.gif

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #10,804 of 24,649
Not exactly a movie, but,

Classic Albums: the making of the dark side of the moon - 10/10

Every time i watch this im simply amazed at just how much went into making this album, and gives me a new appreciation for it. Boy is my wallet gonna hurt after watching this now that i have a turntable...

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #10,805 of 24,649
Quote:
Black Snake Moan - 7/10.  I would give it an 8, but I completely dislike watching JT.  Am I the only one who thinks SLJ is funny in any movie he plays in? 

Obviously you haven't seen "Unthinkable"! Hated, hated that rotten movie. "Rendition" was far better.

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #10,806 of 24,649
Quote:

Wow, that makes me not want to see it at all.  I grew up w/ 80's action movies and the entire cast but thought the first movie sucked King Kong Ballz.

I watched the first in the theater and was wishing I had a remote to like fast forward through most of it.
I don't go to see movies like that for the acting, but none of them did an even remotely decent job of it.
Actually..I'm wrong. What's sad is when Jason Staham is the best actor in the movie. And I know Jet Li can actually act...

Van Damm was actually smart for not being in the first..

Have any of you ever walked out of a movie? So far I did that for "Frequency", "Godzilla (US version)" and "10,000BC".
About two seconds away from doing this with "Speed 2". Oh and basically any CGI movie from Robert Zemeckis. Not sure why...
The Christmas Carol one I would have walked out on if it wasn't for seeing it with other people.

BTW I think Stallone's best movie is "Cliffhanger".

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #10,807 of 24,649
Over the Top - 10/10

It's pretty much the best movie ever. It shows the true life of today's arm wrestling champions. It's so real and his connection to his son had me near manly tears. It's clearly his best movie.

(But seriously, I'm with you on the SLJ being funny in every movie he's in. He should be in every movie ever, actually)

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #10,808 of 24,649
Quote:
Over the Top - 10/10

It's pretty much the best movie ever. It shows the true life of today's arm wrestling champions. It's so real and his connection to his son had me near manly tears. It's clearly his best movie.

(But seriously, I'm with you on the SLJ being funny in every movie he's in. He should be in every movie ever, actually)

LOL...I'm a big time Stallone homer...I grew up watching this guy and have always enjoyed his films. I never had the same connection with Arnold, Van Damme, Norris, etc., that I do with Sly. Huge fan of the Rocky films. The last Rocky that came out a few years ago was truly an emotional experience for me. For anyone who hasn't seen it, it was sort of like a tribute to the Rocky character. I have a lot of great memories from those films when I was a kid, so it's not only a trip back through Rocky, but since I associate different events in my life with the films, it was very nostalgic for me (and for others, Im sure). 

I'm going to now say something that may get me kicked out of this forum...so let me ask for your understanding and benevolence before I say....I liked Rhinestone (LMAO)

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #10,809 of 24,649
Quote:

I'll do it differently next time, but I don't appreciate that you say that I don't care, because I do.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #10,810 of 24,649
Quote:
I'll do it differently next time, but I don't appreciate that you say that I don't care, because I do.

I quite enjoy your impressions most of the time.

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #10,811 of 24,649
Quote:
Black Snake Moan - 7/10.  I would give it an 8, but I completely dislike watching JT.  Am I the only one who thinks SLJ is funny in any movie he plays in? 

I loved that movie, 9/10 for me. 21st-century psychotherapy at its finest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BTW I think Stallone's best movie is "Cliffhanger".

That last Rocky Balboa wasn't too bad, but for myself he peaked with Rocky I. Lords of Flatbush and First Blood were good as well. I liked Tango and Cash even though it sucked.

Sep 1, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #10,812 of 24,649
Quote:
I quite enjoy your impressions most of the time.

Minority Report - 7/10
The overly bright, sci-fi/futuristic-styled visuals look tacky, but I really liked the story. I haven't seen many movies with Tom Cruise or Colin Farrell, but they were both pretty good in this. Nice soundtrack too. Really a very solid movie.

Sep 2, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #10,813 of 24,649
Quote:
I have Hunger Games coming from Netflix, and I will try and enjoy it despite the negativity here! I expect Harrison, Sutherland, Tucci and Banks to be wonderful in supporting roles, and am curious about Kravitz. Hopefully the rest of the cast won't be too melodramatic, I'm expecting an eschatological Twilight meets Survivor kind of scenario. The PG13 rating concerns me, but I appreciate suggested more than actual violence anyways, and the fact that I havn't read the books should help. Hopefully it will be as vacuously entertaining as a decent big-budget superhero flick.

Could have been much better; some decent moments but ultimately disappointing 5/10

Sep 2, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #10,814 of 24,649
I also saw the Dark Knight Rises at IMAX, 10/10. This was the perfect ending to the Nolan trilogy, and an honorable if Jokerless homage to Frank Miller's the Dark Knight Returns series which was a seminal body of work in the comics world. For me this was also the first Batman movie that surpassed the original Burton/Keaton/Nicholson masterpiece. Anne Hathaway was the standout of a great cast.

Sep 2, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #10,815 of 24,649
I also saw the Dark Knight Rises at IMAX, 10/10. This was the perfect ending to the Nolan trilogy, and an honorable if Jokerless homage to Frank Miller's the Dark Knight Returns series which was a seminal body of work in the comics world. For me this was also the first Batman movie that surpassed the original Burton/Keaton/Nicholson masterpiece. Anne Hathaway was the standout of a great cast.

I saw this last week and was shocked at how good it was. That should teach me to read online reviews, eh? Hathaway's Catwoman is the best film interpretation ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back