Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Sep 12, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #10,861 of 24,599
Titanic 8.75/10

I bought this on Blu-Ray last night. Not sure why. I guess probably because my DVD version is so old it plays as a tiny window on the screen. It's a widescreen movie meant for square box TVs.

The acting wasn't as bad as I remember somehow. There's a few details I missed before despite seeing it half a dozen times.

This time around somehow the movie just failed to impress me in any area. Sure, it was entertaining, but that's about it. Billy Zane this time was about 10x more of a jerk on this viewing.

Leonardo's character really needed more dialogue. It's almost like they didn't give him enough lines. Hard to believe he's the same person from "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?".

Have you seen "A Night to Remember"? Believe it or not there was a ship within viewing distance apparently. I'll have do some checking about this online.

I wonder how many people think Jack and Rose were really on the Titanic?
normal_smile .gif

I actually think my favorite James Cameron movies are "True Lies" and "The Abyss". Yes, even over Aliens and T2. True Lies REALLY needs a blu-ray release.

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #10,862 of 24,599

Love this 8 out of 10

Sep 13, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #10,863 of 24,599
Anonymous 9/10. Must feel good for Emmerich finally getting behind a movie with good script and actors.
Great fun from start to finish. I am not quite a fan of the contrast filter they applied to it. It could have looked better without it but oh well still look quite good.

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #10,864 of 24,599
Quote:
Anonymous 9/10. Must feel good for Emmerich finally getting behind a movie with good script and actors.
Great fun from start to finish. I am not quite a fan of the contrast filter they applied to it. It could have looked better without it but oh well still look quite good.

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm glad to see Rhys Ifans getting so many parts as of late...he's been one of my favorite actors since Notting Hill and Danny Deckchair.

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #10,865 of 24,599
Chronicle... I don´t want to put an 1/10 but just now it feels worth it. It may have a redeeming factor as a low budget amateur school flick or something but the script, story and all just get worse and worse the longer the movie procedes.  The character development seldom make any sense whatsoever. And there is tons of minutes with guys hanging in ropes... 
Last half an hour is just a big facepalm moment. The 30 minutes before that you are already hugely annoyed by the mindless chatter.

Long time since I watched such a bad movie.

Sep 13, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #10,866 of 24,599
Quote:
Chronicle... I don´t want to put an 1/10 but just now it feels worth it. It may have a redeeming factor as a low budget amateur school flick or something but the script, story and all just get worse and worse the longer the movie procedes.  The character development seldom make any sense whatsoever. And there is tons of minutes with guys hanging in ropes... 
Last half an hour is just a big facepalm moment. The 30 minutes before that you are already hugely annoyed by the mindless chatter.

Long time since I watched such a bad movie.

Really? I thought it was a solid/good movie with dynamic characters.

Sep 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #10,867 of 24,599
Yes we all have our very special set of tastes.
It´s this movie. Some people seem to mysteriously find any value in it so you are not alone :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706593/

Sep 13, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #10,869 of 24,599
Quote:
Yes we all have our very special set of tastes.
It´s this movie. Some people seem to mysteriously find any value in it so you are not alone :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706593/

I guess I liked the entire concept of the movie, and how the characters evolved over time based on their personalities.

Sep 14, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #10,871 of 24,599
Sep 14, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #10,872 of 24,599
Had my eye on it for a while. Really curious what the matrix brother will come up with.

Watched Hunger today. Real nail biter I have to say. What saw should have been. 8/10.

Annoying that it´s absolutely impossible to fake rocks. And the actors don´t loosse a single pound on their pure water diet but they make up
for it quite well with their acting skills.

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #10,875 of 24,599
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 6/10

So horribly bad it was actually pretty good
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back