Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jun 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #10,336 of 24,690
It's over 30 years old, not a b movie!
Quote:
You can make a B-movie on a relatively  high budget. Alien is also a B-movie I would say. Thinking mostly about the story or lack thereof just feels like there is tons of freestyling going on. As for the effects didn´t really look good on my tv but the scenography has it´s charms

Jun 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #10,337 of 24,690
I was surprised at everyone giving Prometheus a 7/10, but I finally saw it last night and I'd have to agree with that score. Not to say I didn't enjoy it immensely, because it's probably the best movie I've seen in theaters since Inception. Visuals were incredible, acting was good, characters were good. Unfortunately, the plot takes a turn for the worst at the end and the ending sequence is very weak. It felt like they were trying too hard to set up a sequel and the conclusion paid the price. That being said, I love seeing sci-fi movies of this caliber garner praise and I'm glad life is being breathed back into this franchise.

And I just realized that The Hobbit is not being released 'til the end of the year, which is going to be quite a painful wait.

Jun 17, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #10,339 of 24,690
Quote:
I was surprised at everyone giving Prometheus a 7/10, but I finally saw it last night and I'd have to agree with that score. Not to say I didn't enjoy it immensely, because it's probably the best movie I've seen in theaters since Inception. Visuals were incredible, acting was good, characters were good. Unfortunately, the plot takes a turn for the worst at the end and the ending sequence is very weak. It felt like they were trying too hard to set up a sequel and the conclusion paid the price. That being said, I love seeing sci-fi movies of this caliber garner praise and I'm glad life is being breathed back into this franchise.

And I just realized that The Hobbit is not being released 'til the end of the year, which is going to be quite a painful wait.

Most movies are like that now,when i watched thor it was just setting you up thor 2,it was the same with breaking dawn!

Jun 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #10,340 of 24,690
I too am looking forward to The Hobbit and the next Batman.  Has anyone watched MIBIII yet?  Any good?

Hobbit
Batman
Spider Man

Those are my big 3 for the rest of the year.

MIB III was the best of the series, IMO. I rated it a few pages back. As long as you've seen the other 2 the third is the best (lots of story you need from the other 2 or the third would feel a but hollow).

Jun 17, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #10,341 of 24,690
Quote:
City of Lost children
9/10 just love the twisted characters and design. B-movie at it´s best.

Brofist. Love it!!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 8/10, I'm sure if you have your pretentious goggles on you will give it a lower score but still a great movie that inspired a great game.

Jun 17, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #10,342 of 24,690
Quote:
It's over 30 years old, not a b movie!

It´s a monster movie with no real script. Even Ridley Scott himself mention it´s a B type monster movie with not much scripting. I am a huge alien fan not saying it´s a bad thing at all :)

A for Stalker many would rate it 10/10. I must admit first time I saw it it just got to slow so only got through half of it but yes it´s amazing.

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #10,343 of 24,690

Jun 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #10,344 of 24,690
Jun 18, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #10,346 of 24,690
I thought I wouldn't cringe but I did. I don't watch these kind of movies really that often but every once in a while I want to see if I can handle em. I'd have to say it's way beyond Hostel. So I guess the only way to top it would be Human Centipede Three? Amazon has a list of the most disturbing movies ever and I think I had only seen 4 or 5 out of the 100, but this was on it!

Jun 18, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #10,347 of 24,690
I thought I wouldn't cringe but I did. I don't watch these kind of movies really that often but every once in a while I want to see if I can handle em. I'd have to say it's way beyond Hostel. So I guess the only way to top it would be Human Centipede Three? Amazon has a list of the most disturbing movies ever and I think I had only seen 4 or 5 out of the 100, but this was on it!

Eh, it was just so bland. I turned it off after 45 minutes, not because I was disgusted, but because I was bored.

Jun 18, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #10,348 of 24,690
The one very redeeming factor that carried me along was the great synth-soundtrack on the AH-D 7000s. Headphones saved the day there. Not a soundtrack you want your neighbors to hear.
tongue.gif

Jun 18, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #10,349 of 24,690
Jun 18, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #10,350 of 24,690
I really give it an 8 due to the quality of special effects. They were seamless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back