Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jun 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #10,306 of 24,690
Quote:
I didn´t even notice the music in the movie. That trailer is so full of spoilers avoid!

It´s so hilarious that we now also get extended trailers not just directors Cuts :p

Same here. 

What I don't get is the expected rating of 10/10?  Why? I must admit that whoever did the trailers did a splendid job grabbing your interest with all the spoilers and music that was absent in the actual film.

Like another poster expressed, it's not really ground breaking in any way.  It provides one or two puzzle pieces, but that's it.  I guess, I'm just not a diehard Alien fan.  However, I'm now interested in seeing the true ground breaking film, "Alien" for a second time after nearly two passing decades.

Jun 11, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #10,307 of 24,690
Saw happy go lucky recently, a great feel good film, very funny too. I recommend it

Jun 12, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #10,308 of 24,690
Puss in boots 5/10 but probably higher for your kids. Just to little adult stuff and it just got to much of a non inspired tivoli ride or average pinball machine and has an annoying egg character. Animation is gorgeous though. Wonder if it will look old in ten years. Scary thought but Finding Nemo look really dated by now so I suppose.

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #10,309 of 24,690
I just saw Cold Mountain for the first time and I thought it was really good. Acting was terrific, and the Civil War-era feels authentic and gritty. I think it makes quite a graceful transition from book to film and I enjoyed it all the way through. 8/10

Jun 14, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #10,311 of 24,690
Frak!  I just finished the Battlestar Galactica reimagined series.  Wasn't bad.  I agree with a lot of the assessments given it a few pages back by others.  Sometimes the religious under currents became a bit much, and at other times, it just reflected the reality of human society.  The story stayed creative and engaging to the end so, I'd recommended it to anyone that likes sci-fi.

Jun 14, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #10,312 of 24,690
Quote:
Frak!  I just finished the Battlestar Galactica reimagined series.  Wasn't bad.  I agree with a lot of the assessments given it a few pages back by others.  Sometimes the religious under currents became a bit much, and at other times, it just reflected the reality of human society.  The story stayed creative and engaging to the end so, I'd recommended it to anyone that likes sci-fi.

Now you're prepared for Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome. (Hopefully)

Jun 14, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #10,313 of 24,690
Quote:

My love for BSG waned in later seasons. The scene below (and the episode it's from) is still an example of television at its finest though:

New Caprica atmosphere jump:

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #10,314 of 24,690
Quote:

My love for BSG waned in later seasons. The scene below (and the episode it's from) is still an example of television at its finest though:

BSG is without a doubt my favorite television series of all time. Loved every second of it...until the last season
confused_face_2.gif

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #10,315 of 24,690
Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead - 9/10

Pretty inspiring movie. Never would have imagined something in this movie would have worked. Seems like the perfect companion movie to "Forks over Knives".
With all the info i've come across lately, I think I have a pretty good clue why so many people in the USA (and outside the USA!) are severely overweight or not very healthy.

I mean just walk through any grocery store and you'll get a clue..

The main problem with all these movies though is that they only outline the basics and are not very in depth. I guess they don't want to bore the audience with the details and it's best they watch the movie and then do their own research.

BTW My favorite parts of the movie are the scenes with the truck driver.

Can't believe this movie came out in 2010 and i'm only just now seeing it. You can watch it free with Amazon Prime.

Jun 14, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #10,317 of 24,690

Twixt     8.9 out of 10

Jun 14, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #10,320 of 24,690

Users who are viewing this thread

Back