Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Oct 31, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #9,031 of 24,687
The Other Man- 4/10

Love Liam Neeson, as he played in Taken, which i loved. This movie was a real letdown, since it was very bland and the plot was very flat and un-action packed.

Nov 1, 2011 at 6:19 AM Post #9,033 of 24,687
Jackie Brown, Quentin Tarantino at his sublime best, a marvellous script, a fantastic cast, wonderfully shot with a soundtrack par excellence, on approximately my 8th viewing last night this masterpiece is without doubt 10/10 

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #9,034 of 24,687
I saw "The Blair Witch Project" for the first time yesterday.

Was kind of good. Liked the story. It feels "real". Altough, the acting wasn't always that convincing, but overall really watchable!

7/10

Nov 2, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #9,039 of 24,687
Yea, was about to go see The Three Muskateers in 3D but me and my sis had been planning Anonymous for a while.

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #9,040 of 24,687
Akira - 9/10

Not a fan of any sort of anime, watched it after a bout of nostalgia from when I was a kid. 
Man this movie was amazing. The animation was mind boggling. Hell of a lot of time, love and money went into making it.
I still don't understand why some people had to watch the film multiple times to understand it. I found the plot straight forward, a lot of the context briefly skimmed but still within comprehension of the viewer. Curious now to check out the entire epic.

The animation still has me in awe.

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #9,041 of 24,687

Quote:
Akira - 9/10

Not a fan of any sort of anime, watched it after a bout of nostalgia from when I was a kid. 
Man this movie was amazing. The animation was mind boggling. Hell of a lot of time, love and money went into making it.
I still don't understand why some people had to watch the film multiple times to understand it. I found the plot straight forward, a lot of the context briefly skimmed but still within comprehension of the viewer. Curious now to check out the entire epic.

It really is well drawn and colored. I watch it on DVD every couple of years to to see the color. It's good with the sound off too I found.

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #9,042 of 24,687
Quote:

It really is well drawn and colored. I watch it on DVD every couple of years to to see the color. It's good with the sound off too I found.

Its the little things that you'd expect to be CGI. Like the trails on the bikes as they're riding about the city. The holograms, explosions, etc.
I watched the 2009 bluray, check it out sometime if you're bored. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #9,043 of 24,687

Quote:
Quote:
Its the little things that you'd expect to be CGI. Like the trails on the bikes as they're riding about the city. The holograms, explosions, etc.
I watched the 2009 bluray, check it out sometime if you're bored. I was very pleasantly surprised.

I actually upsample regular DVDs to play in 1080p on a full 1080p 42 inch plasma monitor. Not many DVDs in Blue Ray here. I bet it is good in Blue Ray. Funny that you mention the trails on the bikes and the holograms and explosions, those along with the drawing of equipment with lights on are my favorite things too. Maybe everyones? 

It was also one of the first DVDs I purchased. I purchased my first DVD player in 1997 but would watch it in on VCD format as an import on a laptop for the clearest resolution. Later in a year or so it came out on DVD. The hardcore folks already had it on Laser Disk at that time! lol

Nov 2, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #9,044 of 24,687
A little OT, but another awesome DVD/Blu in the same vein is the EVA movies. Dear god the remakes on Blu Ray are astounding.

Quote:

I actually upsample regular DVDs to play in 1080p on a full 1080p 42 inch plasma monitor. Not many DVDs in Blue Ray here. I bet it is good in Blue Ray. Funny that you mention the trails on the bikes and the holograms and explosions, those along with the drawing of equipment with lights on are my favorite things too. Maybe everyones? 

It was also one of the first DVDs I purchased. I purchased my first DVD player in 1997 but would watch it in on VCD format as an import on a laptop for the clearest resolution. Later in a year or so it came out on DVD. The hardcore folks already had it on Laser Disk at that time! lol

Nov 2, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #9,045 of 24,687

Quote:
Akira - 9/10

The nuclear explosion....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back