Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 30, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #8,012 of 24,684
Field of Dreams - 3/10 

Maybe that's too harsh and maybe it's not harsh enough I don't know because I only made it through the first 15 or 20 minutes.  There's good 80's like Back to the Future and Ghostbusters, and then there's bad 80's and this was heavy into the latter.  Simplistic, sentimental, kitchy, shallow, poorly acted and written.  It felt like a cheezy drug commercial or something. 

May 30, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #8,013 of 24,684
Final Fantasy; The Spirits Within 10/10 I LOVE IT! Gonna buy it on BluRay and DVD (For conversion to portable formats)

May 30, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #8,017 of 24,684

Quote:

"Men That Stare At Goats" [7.9/10]: I actually liked this movie more than a "C+" rating would indicate. I think that I have to watch this one again to catch some things that I think I missed. Great line-up of actors. Had a Cohen Brothers feel to it...

I've always wanted to see that movie ever since I saw the previews.  I'll need to catch it at some point.  Being that Blockbuster is shutting down stores left and right, our family is considering the move to Netflix at this time.

May 30, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #8,018 of 24,684
The Book of Eli, 7 out of 10
Could have worse, could have been better.  Acting was believable by Denzel and Mila, not over the top.   The shooting style and post-production effects on the lighting added to the movie, giving it a post-apocalyptic feel.  Overall, a good Sunday afternoon movie. 

May 30, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #8,019 of 24,684
Days of Heaven - 8/10

This isn't the most entertaining movie in the world and is quite slow paced, but never boring. It has some of the best cinematography in a movie I've seen. This is one that's hard to give a rating to since it will take awhile to sink in.

Probably the best looking Malick film, but also my least favorite.

May 30, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #8,020 of 24,684

This could have been made by Tarrintino and Rodriquiz and would have been better.I would have liked this at 20 years old. The movie is funny and violent has one or two good songs from 30 years ago.  I would normally like a movie like this but the script was a 1 on a scale of 1-10.Movie gets a 6 for the detail.

May 30, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #8,021 of 24,684

This is the classic feel of 70s and 80s TV. But wait it is a movie? A TV production value too? But wait it is a movie.

3 out of 10 points for a seedy California underbelly charm.

May 30, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #8,022 of 24,684
I've always wanted to see that movie ever since I saw the previews.  I'll need to catch it at some point.  Being that Blockbuster is shutting down stores left and right, our family is considering the move to Netflix at this time.

I really enjoyed it. I think it's streamable on Netflix right now actually. It had some dull moments, but man when something was funny in that movie it was REALLY funny.

May 31, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #8,023 of 24,684
Biutiful - 9.75/10

This to me is Inarritu's masterpiece. If you don't like his films, then skip this one. If you've only seen "Babel", then give him another chance because I hated "Babel" and he's one of my favorite directors. I don't think I want to endure this movie for at least another couple of years. It's not depressing, but one scene is almost unbearably sad. It's not a hollywood film where they try to make scenes 10x sadder than they should be, it's very restrained IMO. Not really an enjoyable movie, but definitely worth watching.

I also watched "The Longest Day" and "Midway" yesterday. Both of them pretty good. Probably give the first an 8/10. The other maybe a 7.5. Have to say that I loved old WW2 movies. How come they never make any more new World War II movies?

Also forgot....

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - 8.5/10

Gotta love Steve's "Monkey Boy" scenes...This one has gotten worse after the fourth viewing.

May 31, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #8,024 of 24,684

Quote:
Pride and Prejudice (2005) - 8/10
Beautifully shot and very well acted.  Some of the points in the story and character behavior seemed shallow but I suppose that stems from the source material.

I don't think it's from the source material, I think it's from the time period, class and location the story is set in.  There was a lot of expected behavior in that time/place that was pretty shallow. 

But I agree it's really good, it's actually one of my favorite movies.  Not because of the plot or story really, but because it has the most beautiful feeling and look throughout the whole movie.  I just want to fall into it. 

May 31, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #8,025 of 24,684
Made in Dagenham - 8/10

I thought it was really well done, inspiring, well acted, well written.  The main character annoyed the beejeesus out of me in "Happy Go Lucky" so I was hesitant about this one, but it turns out that I was annoyed by her role in that movie, not by her.  She was very different in this film.  The mark of a good actor, IMO.  I'm not sure why I don't think it deserves more than 8, maybe it just didn't go deep enough. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back