Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Apr 10, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #7,801 of 24,655
The World Is Not Enough

Generally an alright movie, but obviously the hero is some kind of superhuman, and I don't like betraying laws of nature for some awesome effects (like when he didn't crash into the dam bungee jumping), so it gets 6/10. Certainly not a Classic in any way, but an enjoyable movie.

Apr 10, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #7,802 of 24,655
127 hours. 9/10. It was VERY well done and just reminded me how much I like Danny Boyle's direction. 

Apr 10, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #7,804 of 24,655
Watched Finding Nemo for the first time, mainly because my niece bought a plush fish and I had no idea what was going on: 

I was told there would be sex in the film. There was not. 

Apr 10, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #7,806 of 24,655
Source code 8/10  I was hoping it would be more engaging story wise. All that hyperbolic calculus nonsense they forcefully used as explaination was bull, and nobody understood it or cared.  I was hoping the movie would dwell in to the source code machine and show how it work in a clever manner or explain a lot of whats going on, but noooo, we get another ground hog day movie.

Apr 11, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #7,808 of 24,655
Taxi Driver - 8/10

I've seen this movie about 6 or 7 times now. For some reason I do like it, but it just doesn't seem to impress me in any area. Sometimes I don't know what all the fuss is about with this movie.
It's actually not even remotely entertaining to watch. I personally don't watch movies just for entertainment, but still...

I got this on Blu-Ray and somehow my opinion of it hasn't changed much. This time I was less than thrilled with it and it's kind of depressing. Travis in the movie actually reminds me of all those people who "snap' and do school shootings. Of course he wasn't that bad. In this day and age, he'd be going to jail for sure after what he did. 

Apr 11, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #7,810 of 24,655
My Blue Heaven - 4.5/10

I think this may be the only Steve Martin comedy where I rarely laughed.

Flight of the Navigator - 9/10

This is an old favorite from when I was a kid. My opinion of it hasn't changed and I still watch it several times per year. Probably one of the most entertaining PG movies there is!

The Terminator - 7/10

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #7,812 of 24,655

Quote:
The Last Days of Disco (again, ad nauseam) 9/10 - call me a loser for the films of Whit Stillman but my god, Kate Beckinsale when she was still a girl...

Thanks, definitely going to check that out.  Thankfully Kate appears to be quite 'legal'.  Hooray!

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #7,813 of 24,655
"The Good, the Bad and the Ugly," 10/10

I saw it years ago, but found the Blu-Ray for $10.

A full classic. Beautiful, artfully directed, great script, great acting. Worth $10 and then some.

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #7,814 of 24,655
Curiosity took me to the Brandon Routh Superman film. Just checking to see if it was any good, and to see if he had a another expression apart from the one he used all through Chuck.

Blimey... for an unimaginative, even by Hollywood standards remake, it was just so lifeless. Absolutely nothing to touch the leaping up from the sofa punching the air*, helicopter / Lois rescue.

Nope, it'll be just the one, then. Very curious plastcity. Sort of Madame Tussaud's with Botox. Odd.

To cleanse my brain completely, I'm going to re-watch "The Limey" having just wallowed in the grit of "Get Carter".  Then I'll start lobbying for an International Talk Like a Cockernee Gangster Day.

Michael Caine..... He makes me realise that he does do this for a living. And that I need to take more exercise.

*Er... Not that I did, of course. I'm British, for Heaven's sake...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back