Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 1, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #7,216 of 24,655
Inception - 7.5/10
Interesting concept rendered a bit too busy and confusing.  Had to watch the opening sequence again to fully get it.  Couldn't relate well to Cobb/DiCaprio, however the final scene was somewhat moving.

Jan 1, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #7,217 of 24,655
"The American" [2.0/10]: What was George Clooney thinking? I just barely made it through the movie. I guess since he lives in Italy that it was a convenient film to make. Certainly not much in the way of dialogue. Very disappointing waste of money. I would have given it less than a "2" but there are some attractive women with European accents in it!

Jan 1, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #7,218 of 24,655
Quote:
"The American" [2.0/10]: What was George Clooney thinking? I just barely made it through the movie. I guess since he lives in Italy that it was a convenient film to make. Certainly not much in the way of dialogue. Very disappointing waste of money. I would have given it less than a "2" but there are some attractive women with European accents in it!

The American was Brilliant, I suppose you also didn't like No Country for Old Men as that was done in a similar style. Personally I love the little dialogue, it let's the movie play rather than hold your hand throughout like the majority of movies today have to do.

-

Catfish - 3/10
Went into this movie knowing nothing of it, only heard it was good, movie of the year good... it wasn't! Turned out to be a documentary, a fake one I might add, about a long distance relationship over Facebook.

Jan 1, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #7,219 of 24,655
Catfish was horrible.  The trailer made it look like Blair Witch.  Lying bastards.

I liked the way The American and No Country were filmed.  Just hated both stories.

Jan 1, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #7,220 of 24,655
I agree wit DLeeWebb, 

I'd give The American a 2/10 for the same reason. It was so over-played and seemed like it was trying way too hard. No Country For Old Men was similar, but it was actually a good a movie.  

Jan 1, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #7,221 of 24,655

Quote:
Quote:

The American was Brilliant, I suppose you also didn't like No Country for Old Men as that was done in a similar style. Personally I love the little dialogue, it let's the movie play rather than hold your hand throughout like the majority of movies today have to do.

I loved "No Country For Old Men." I bought it on Blu-Ray! "The American" just had no story. Think about it, you could explain the entire movie in about two sentences. IMHO the most disappointing movie (other than "A Serious Man") I've seen in recent times...

Jan 1, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #7,222 of 24,655
True Grit - 8.5/10

Jeff Bridges comes off as fantastically "gritty", and the cinematography was generally superb, with a nice blend of suspense and comedy. May not ever be one of my favorite movies, but it was just really really solid. 

Jan 1, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #7,223 of 24,655
Quote:
I loved "No Country For Old Men." I bought it on Blu-Ray! "The American" just had no story. Think about it, you could explain the entire movie in about two sentences. IMHO the most disappointing movie (other than "A Serious Man") I've seen in recent times...

Well it's minimal, very methodical, and it certainly isn't an action movie. I like it because you are told nothing about the main character and you learn everything through his actions.

Jan 1, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #7,224 of 24,655

Quote:
Quote:

Well it's minimal, very methodical, and it certainly isn't an action movie. I like it because you are told nothing about the main character and you learn everything through his actions.

You do have a valid point...

Jan 1, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #7,225 of 24,655
Old School was on tv this evening, couldn't zap to another station, I love that movie, everytime

"Let's go streaking!...................................................KFC still open?"

Jan 1, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #7,226 of 24,655

Quote:
Catfish was horrible.  The trailer made it look like Blair Witch.  Lying bastards.

I liked the way The American and No Country were filmed.  Just hated both stories.

Agreed, freaking idiot F words.

Jan 1, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #7,227 of 24,655
I saw Rocky Balboa off the tivo last night and I was surprised, it was actually decent. It was a "back to his roots" kind of story, instead of the extravaganzas that the later Rocky movies tried to be. There was very nice selective use of black and white scenes as well; 8/10.

Jan 1, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #7,228 of 24,655

Quote:
I saw Rocky Balboa off the tivo last night and I was surprised, it was actually decent. It was a "back to his roots" kind of story, instead of the extravaganzas that the later Rocky movies tried to be. There was very nice selective use of black and white scenes as well; 8/10.

yeah, had a surprisingly good time watching that also. Just like that new Rambo movie was actually pretty entertaining

Jan 1, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #7,229 of 24,655
"Inception" [9.4/10]: I know that I rated this film highly after I first saw it in the theater. Tonight I watched it on Blu-Ray and liked it just as much. I even picked-up a few things that didn't register during the first viewing. A sure sign of a good film and a good story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back