Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jul 18, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #4,141 of 24,663
Where the Buffalo Roam: Didn't finish it because I kept comparing the acting to Fear and Loathing, but F&L's acting was f**ing epic; so Where the Buffalo Roam seemed like garbage in comparison. I still love Bill though, but Depp was born for this role.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter. . . and Spring:
Beautiful.

Jul 18, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #4,142 of 24,663
The%20Hangover%20movie%20poster%20-%20the%20chicken.jpg

8/10 ~ Funny movie!

Jul 18, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #4,145 of 24,663
Apollo 13 - 9/10

Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Certainly well-done and is even more amazing that its true. Some parts were a bit too drawn-out though.

Jul 18, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #4,146 of 24,663
12 Rounds - 6/10.

I may be wrong but isn't this plot a ripoff of a of Die Hard movie?

Jul 18, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #4,148 of 24,663
Breach 7/10...

I could go higher as this movie is totally successful in spite of knowing full well how it must end. It's the story of Robert Hanssen, a turned FBI agent said to be the most damaging spy in U.S. history. Robert Hanssen is in a supermax penitentiary in Colorado for the rest of his life. He spends 23 hours a day in his cell. I knew he was tried and convicted before I saw the film (now you do too) and that did nothing to take away from it.

Chris Cooper is spectacular in this movie. His makeup artist, however, is not. He or she was dismissed from clown school before landing this job. It's so bad in some scenes, it's actually distracting.

Jul 18, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #4,149 of 24,663
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen - 8/10.

Saw this yesterday as well. A lot of my friends gave it really bad reviews before I watched it so I ended up going into it with very low expectations. Luckily, I was pleasantly surprised.

8/10 for me as well

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #4,152 of 24,663
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Breach 7/10.

I really, really enjoyed this movie, and yes Chris Cooper was incredible. You have made an excellent call Mr. Gotit.

On the side, Ryan Phillip has been in two of my favorite underrated movies - the mentioned Breach along with Way of the Gun. The later has one of the better gun fights put to film.

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #4,153 of 24,663
harry potter - 6/10

dragged a little bit

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #4,154 of 24,663
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - 9/10

Finally got around to watching it. I'm glad I saw it in the comforts of my own home, since I was able to take small breaks every now and then. Beautifully made film.

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #4,155 of 24,663
Persona - My second Bergman film (after The Seventh Seal), and I still don't like it so much. Bibi Andersson was great to watch and listen to the whole time... Liv Ullmann not so much. But I think my problem with Bergman so far is that he tries too much to provoke thought, and it feels too heavy-handed that his situations feel contrived. That and the fact that within it all, it almost feels that he forgets to tell the story. So far, both of his films that I've seen feel more like a collection of thoughts and reflections than actual stories. This doesn't work for me so much because I'm the type of viewer who looks for the story first, and everything else is just gravy. 6/10

The Godfather Part II - An amazing movie, and it still has that compelling feeling and masterful storytelling that the first one had. However, I felt that the first one was still the tighter film, was better paced and more intense. While DeNiro's young Vito was simply charming, Pacino's Michael Corleone was more intriguing to watch in the first film as he transformed from timid son to ruthless don as opposed to the way he destroyed himself and the family in this one. Still, overall just a small step below the first one. 8/10

Frost/Nixon - A very magnetic film all throughout, especially due to Frank Langella's amazing performance. You actually feel for most of the characters actually, as they were all well written and well played: Jack Brennan's intense loyalty to Richard Nixon, David Frost's worldly ambitions that overshadowed the gravity of the situation at hand, James Reston, Jr's bitter hatred and desire to squeeze the truth out of the impeached president... An intimate, yet intense film. 8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back